PDA

View Full Version : USA SPEC PA11-HON ipod

matpp
13-04-2012, 07:55 AM
I upgraded my iphone 3GS to version 5.1 last week and since then the message “Charging is not supported with this accessory” is displayed on the iphone screen. The unit plays fine through the car unit but no longer charges......rendering the unit useless for anything more than a short journey.
I spoke to USA SPEC support (after they failed to answer my email) who told me to reset the unit by disconnecting the 8 pin din plug then reconnecting. Should this not resolve the problem, I should send the unit back to them for repair. The unit is just over one year old.

Has anyone had this problem or if you have version 5.1 on your iphone, does the unit still charge?

Cheers,

matpp
19-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Anyone?..............

Papalazarou
19-04-2012, 08:30 PM
Hi Mathieu,

I have the same connector and had this problem once or twice when I first installed it. From memory, I think I reset the iPhone (off button and home simultaneously) and it has been fine from then on.

Have you tried prime? That's the largest market for this product.

Cheers,

James.

matpp
20-04-2012, 10:42 AM
Hello James,

Thanks for the reply.......I've reset the iphone, I've checked the connections and reset the USA SPEC unit (according to the rude little prat from support) and still the same: “Charging is not supported with this accessory”. When charging it used to say "this accessory is not supported do you want to turn on airplane mode?'....... and it played and charged fine.

USA SPEC advise that if the reset failed to work I would have to send the unit back to them or buy a new lead.....unfortunately, I don't believe the little toerag and am convinced this is their problem as their unit is obviously not compatible with iphone version 5.1.

Unfortunately, I can find nothing on Prime regarding this problem and feel I'm being held to ransom by USA SPEC's non existent support!

I'll post on prime and see if I can get any feedback.

Grrrrrrr.

matpp
21-04-2012, 09:39 AM
If anyone has the same problem click here (http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1563140&posted=1#post1563140):

Cheers,