fancy a trade in for a 94 James? :)

best of luck with sale ... should sell very quickly

Papalazarou
16-04-2012, 05:08 PM
http://pistonheads.com/sales/3822505.htm

fancy a trade in for a 94 James? :)

best of luck with sale ... should sell very quickly

Thanks Nobby,

I've had a few calls already and it's only been up for a few hours. Hopefully it will go to a good home.

Cheers,

James.

Sudesh
16-04-2012, 05:14 PM
Thanks Nobby,

I've had a few calls already and it's only been up for a few hours. Hopefully it will go to a good home.

Cheers,

James.

Is Too cheap! Shoud be £52'995 For that beauty and not a penny less.

Shouldnt sit around for too long, best color too!

Best of luck James

Senninha
16-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Could at least have cleaned it ....;)

Looks absolutely stunning and will surely find a new home swiftly

We'll miss you, but hopefully the NSX will stay with us

Regards, Paul

Hagasan
16-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Aren't red cars the ....slowest to move on? Apparently ;-)

Haven't even looked at the ad yet but good luck with the sale James. If you're sure it's what you want to do? Remember the chances of coming back to another will get rarer. Unless you have a plan in mind and are making a space?!? Rumours start here ;-)

Is Too cheap! Shoud be £52'995 For that beauty and not a penny less.

Shouldnt sit around for too long, best color too!

Best of luck James

NSXGB
16-04-2012, 06:19 PM
Good luck James. Wish I could justify buying it.

Hagasan
16-04-2012, 06:30 PM
You can... you have the shoes now you need the jacket to go with them!! Isn't that how women justify their spending addictions :rolleyes:

Good luck James. Wish I could justify buying it.

Papalazarou
16-04-2012, 07:03 PM
I think if it sells, great. I may even look for a project;). If not however, I'll see you guys in May.
Funny to think that when I was looking for my first car, there were often over twenty in the classified.
A lot changes in six years.

Cheers,

James.

ConorNZ
16-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Great looking car and given demand these day, may even get your price! I'd love a mint NA1 or pop up NA2. Not sure I can stretch to a facelift NA2 these days :-(

m666 edd
16-04-2012, 07:36 PM
I'd hate to have an NSX that immaculate. I'd be too scared to use it!

Good luck

ConorNZ
16-04-2012, 07:51 PM
P.S. Here's hoping it stays in the country!

TheSebringOne
16-04-2012, 08:36 PM
Good luck James, but I don't think you will need any selling this great example!

Also sad to hear you are selling too.

NSX-FAN
16-04-2012, 09:24 PM
Stunning car, best of luck with the sale .

AR
16-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Good luck James I know that car from way back when the owner who sold it to Ivor had it, nice car.

Papalazarou
16-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Thanks for all the positive comments. I really appreciate it.
It will be a hard thing to replace. So I plan to get a cheap track car for the summer and have some fun. Probably a Teg or an S2000.

Cheers,

James.

AR
17-04-2012, 02:25 AM
James IMHO you re doing the right thing and 2014 is not that far to wait for the next installment in the NSX saga.

WhyOne?
17-04-2012, 06:21 AM
I won't wish you good luck with the sale James - I don't think you'll need it, I'd be surprised if the car isn't sold within a week. Good ad as well (just one little thing V-Tech make kiddies toys, VTEC is the acronym you ar looking for I believe!)

Don't be a stranger once the NSX has moved on

:)

jaytip
17-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Good Luck with the sale James. Wish i had a crystal ball now,i would have kept it for a few extra years then,and made a nice profit :(

AR
17-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Ivor the NSX market is like the US housing market of a few years ago. At the moment there is a bubble artificially created by a few late cars. As I predicted a while back more cars will come to the market the closer to the bubble buster next NSX.

Disclaimer: not taking anything away from Papas car as it is an unbroken low mileage example in A1 nick

Senna88
17-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Just seen this, my friend rang me up to go with him to see an NSX this sunday, and its this one! Look forward to meeting you, my friend only wants one since I let him take mine for a spin! :)

Senninha
17-04-2012, 02:50 PM
Just seen this, my friend rang me up to go with him to see an NSX this sunday, and its this one! Look forward to meeting you, my friend only wants one since I let him take mine for a spin! :)

Your friend is REALLY going to struggle to find a nicer, cleaner late NSX ... I'd get a deposit on it now if he's serious!!

Nick Graves
17-04-2012, 05:11 PM
You know that expression, "gone in 60 seconds"..?

AR
17-04-2012, 06:49 PM
You know that expression, "gone in 60 seconds"..?

I was thinking of the one by P. T. Barnum!

Sudesh
23-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Have you sold it then James? Noticed the add update.

Papalazarou
23-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Have you sold it then James? Noticed the add update.

Hi Sudesh,

Yes, looks that way. I met the new owners on Saturday and it should be gone This coming Friday/Saturday. Sold to the first caller, although come the end I had four serious parties, two of which were traders.
I will be sad to see it go, but The new owners are enthusiasts who know how to look after their cars, so I know it's going to a good home.

Cheers,

James.

Sudesh
23-04-2012, 06:59 PM
Hi Sudesh,

Yes, looks that way. I met the new owners on Saturday and it should be gone This cFriday or Saturday. Sold to the first caller, although come the end I had four serious parties.

Really not surprised, looks stunning and I know how fussy you are from previous talks. Still thinks its cheap! Someone done ok getting this.

Hope the new owner joins the club!

manisandher
23-04-2012, 07:17 PM
James IMHO you re doing the right thing and 2014 is not that far to wait for the next installment in the NSX saga.

Anyone would have to be totally mad selling a 'real' NSX for a 2014/15 model. I mean, totally hand-built in F1-like facilities in Japan, with the engines put together by Honda's top two engine assemblers... vs. Detroit.

It's a total no-brainer which one will be sort-after in years to come. The new owners of James' car have got themselves a cracking deal. And yes, of course I (and many others here) have a vested interest in prices staying high (although it's a bit academic for me as I never intend to sell mine). But really, even if I didn't own an NSX myself, I'd still believe what I've just written.

Mani.

Papalazarou
23-04-2012, 07:38 PM
Anyone would have to be totally mad selling a 'real' NSX for a 2014/15 model. I mean, totally hand-built in F1-like facilities in Japan, with the engines put together by Honda's top two engine assemblers... vs. Detroit.

It's a total no-brainer which one will be sort-after in years to come. The new owners of James' car have got themselves a cracking deal. And yes, of course I (and many others here) have a vested interest in prices staying high (although it's a bit academic for me as I never intend to sell mine). But really, even if I didn't own an NSX myself, I'd still believe what I've just written.

Mani.

Mani,

I strongly agree. There are a number of things that mean I will never buy the new 'NSX.' First of all, it's going to be a pretty expensive motor car. Second, I think it looks like a dogs dinner, especially with that Vauxhall VXR front end. Thirdly, I don't want a car with an electric motor. And finally, it'll depreciate. A lot.

My feeling and that of many current NSX owners is that the current car will actually appreciate with the onset of the new car. Partly because at least on paper, it seems to be everything the new car isn't. But also because the majority of NSX owners aren't dragging around cartloads of cash to plough into a £100K+ blancmange:). So the predicted exodus seems very unlikely. Look at the majority of middleweight F car, the R34, Gt and RS Porkers etc etc...They're all creeping up, and there are thousand of them.

Anyway, long live the beautifully made thinking mans alternative to the lemmings choice.

Cheers,

James.

Nick Graves
23-04-2012, 07:46 PM
Can't help but agree.

It's far twirly to make any meaningful assumptions about the new one, but since modern cars always seem to me to be consistently worse than the ones they replace, I'm not terribly hopeful.

I hope I'm wrong...

AR
23-04-2012, 07:47 PM
James,

IMHO the NSX is the Emperor's New Clothes of the 2012 Junior Supercar world.

The NSX-R or FI, NA tuned NSX is a different story, but in stock form the NSX leaves a lot to be desired of.

As for cars creeping up, good cars like the one you sold always will command a good price.

AR
23-04-2012, 08:04 PM

Mani.

Mani here is some crap from the US:

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-zr1-sports-car/

As for real or not, some people will say that the NSX-R is the real NSX, hence the HUGE price differential and the reason that so many NSX owner's cars emulate the R.

There is not doubt in my mind that you as well as other owners do have a vested interest in keeping the prices up.

Some owners have come up through the Honda ranks and have had prepubescent fantasies about the NSX whilst playing on their Consoles, this will ensure a niche market.

As for "sought after" who knows what will happen, but my money is on the car that you can drive, get parts for and has a performance to match.

http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-zr1-sports-car/

Papalazarou
23-04-2012, 08:15 PM
James,

IMHO the NSX is the Emperor's New Clothes of the 2012 Junior Supercar world.

The NSX-R or FI, NA tuned NSX is a different story, but in stock form the NSX leaves a lot to be desired of.

As for cars creeping up, good cars like the one you sold always will command a good price.

I think I generally agree with most of what you're saying. The stock car certainly benefits from brakes, lights, exhaust and the targas from chassis bars. But I think most performance cars of the same era also benefit from the same upgrades.
However, for normal road use these changes aren't crucial, they're just nice improvements to what has got to be the most sorted package of it's era.

I think there is way too much emphasis from forums and the press regarding the continual performance gains of the new models. Look at the new Exige for instance; apparently 5 seconds quicker around the test track. If they're not care in ten years they'll be finishing before they started. And that's my point I think. If we think too much about anything we never have the experience. There will always be faster, there will always be slower and the most important thing is that we have the experience and it's enjoyable. Ary, you really need to buy another car. You're passionate about them and it's driving you crazy not having one.
In my mind, the NSX is a much better package than the 348,355, GT3, GTR-34. However, if you go to the pet-shop to buy a cat. I won't tell you that you can have a dog for the same money. If a corvette's your thing buy one, if you'd rather have a Nissan Figaro, what's the harm.

Cheers,

James.

AR
23-04-2012, 08:42 PM
James you know me and my love for V8s and American V8s! I just posted the ZR1 as an example that American can build performance cars.

For normal road use any shed will do :-)

havoc
23-04-2012, 08:45 PM
I'm with James - it's the way the car drives that sticks with me (much the same way as the 911/993 gets under the skin of other enthusiasts). By all means add a few tweaks if it pleases you (the ones mentioned are unlikely to detract), but the stock NSX doesn't need them.

Nor does it need more power - I had a fantastic drive yesterday and afterwards realised that the speeds I'd been carrying were :cough: a little too high. For circuit work it's a different story...but I wouldn't start with an NSX for circuit work.

Papalazarou
23-04-2012, 09:44 PM
James you know me and my love for V8s and American V8s! I just posted the ZR1 as an example that American can build performance cars.

For normal road use any shed will do :-)

The Vette seems to do very well against other contemporary stuff. I hear they're Also starting to use metal in the construction;)

Cheers,

James.

Silver Surfer
23-04-2012, 09:52 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3740240.htm

If only it was RHD!

This or an Audi R8 V10 manual?

SS

Sudesh
23-04-2012, 09:58 PM
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3740240.htm

If only it was RHD!

SS

I agree! Always liked the vette but LHD would put me off.

WhyOne?
24-04-2012, 06:02 AM
Well done James - I didn't think your lovely car would hang about long. I hope you didn't 'give' to much on the price.

Don't be a stranger here - these boards would be a lot duller without your unique posting style!

gumball
24-04-2012, 08:27 AM
I agree! Always liked the vette but LHD would put me off.

I've had an old C4 Corvette the engines have always been good, chassis was dreadful back then though, although I prefer the C4's interior to that 125k! new one.

Papalazarou
24-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Well done James - I didn't think your lovely car would hang about long. I hope you didn't 'give' to much on the price.

Don't be a stranger here - these boards would be a lot duller without your unique posting style!

Thanks Ian,

NSXCB has been an unexpected part of my life for the best part of seven years. When I first went to test drive what was to become my first NSX, I knew very little about them.
I've made some very good friends through the club, some of which I see regularly some of which I have corresponded with over several years but never actually met.
On the plus side, I now have a passenger ride to Japfest, so don't think you bastards will be getting away with shoddy parking this year;).

mjames75
24-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Hi All,

Just to let you guys know im the Lucky one who will be picking up this beauty very soon....

Just like to say that James has kept this car in great condition and his advert on PH is what all sellers should learn by as it really was 'as described'...showroom condition!

Was lovely to meet James and talk about 'all sorts'! Look forward to meeting again and also to meeting all you NSX enthusiasts.

BTW James...still owe you a passenger ride in the 911 ;-)

Sudesh
24-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Hi All,

Just to let you guys know im the Lucky one who will be picking up this beauty very soon....

Just like to say that James has kept this car in great condition and his advert on PH is what all sellers should learn by as it really was 'as described'...showroom condition!

Was lovely to meet James and talk about 'all sorts'! Look forward to meeting again and also to meeting all you NSX enthusiasts.

Congrats!

Welcome to the club!

scottg
24-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Hi All,

Well done. I have had mny NSX 3 weeks and it's the best 'toy' I have ever owned, Will you be at Japfest?

mjames75
24-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Well done. I have had mny NSX 3 weeks and it's the best 'toy' I have ever owned, Will you be at Japfest?

Thanks Guys,

I will be at Japfest :-), not sure if i'll take the NSX yet but we'll see :-)

Marky
24-04-2012, 01:36 PM
James, well done on selling the NSX. Very nice car and as you priced it fairly it went quickly. Congratulations to the new owner. Where are you based? We had a good meeting at Porsche Hatfield last year, we should do it again when the weather improves :(

The beauty about the NSX is in the way it drives. 290bhp is more than enough for a road car. The driving position is perfect, the engine sounds delicious when you go above 5000rpm and the build quality is on par with BMW and Porsche. The suspension set up is also perfect for a road car, as it manages to deal with sleeping policemen with no problem, something quite rare in a supercar. I have been in an NSX-R, the white one that came up for sale a while back. It has super firm suspension, and no power steering, so would be a car you would take out at weekends only. In addition, the white alloys make it look rather like a boy racer car. Not everyone appreciates the qualities of the NSX, a lot of my friends just don't understand why I own one, but anyone that has driven one is converted. Personally I don't like the look from the rear, looks very 80's, but from the front and side it looks quite good. I'd test anyone to find another hand built supercar, with the same reliability as the NSX. I think there are enough enthusiasts in Asia and the UK to keep prices firm for years to come (I sold my first NSX to a chap in HK). I've attached one of my favourite photo's of my car at Goodwood last summer.

Chris B N
24-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Pleased to see that our Parking Superintendent will be on duty on the 12th

mjames75
24-04-2012, 03:20 PM
James, well done on selling the NSX. Very nice car and as you priced i........

Hi Marky,

I myself am based in South London, however as Driving is not a pleasure down here, The car will be in my Grandfathers possession in Wales. I basically put some money in with my father who also loves the NSX and we intend to use it occasionally, I know that seems profound as they are quite capable of being an everyday car but with todays untrustful youths it will be hidden away in the country for a while.I myself drive an Integra DC5 and am a massive Honda enthusiast so the NSX is a treat once in a while. Although im sure once we pick it up....parking it up will be difficult.

Mike

havoc
24-04-2012, 06:00 PM
Nice fleet Mike!

FWIW, I've got a DC2 as a daily driver and except for on a sunny summer's day you feel guilty using the NSX for the daily grind - just because it's perfectly capable doesn't mean it doesn't feel too special for such mundanity. I guess it'd be nice to have it closer to home, but if you've got to drive thick-end of an hour to find a decent road anyway, it almost may as well be in Wales.

mjames75
24-04-2012, 09:15 PM
Nice fleet Mike!

FWIW, I've got a DC2 as a daily driver and except for on a sunny summer's day you feel guilty using the NSX for the daily grind - just because it's perfectly capable doesn't mean it doesn't feel too special for such mundanity. I guess it'd be nice to have it closer to home, but if you've got to drive thick-end of an hour to find a decent road anyway, it almost may as well be in Wales.

Hi Havoc,

very true...noticed your in the west midlands, My parents live there so im often in Birmingham most weekends, mini meet?! i had a dc2 and loved every minute of it, think i prefer the dc5 looks but love the dc2 driving characteristics better.

TheSebringOne
24-04-2012, 11:34 PM
Congrats and welcome Mike. I'm sure you & your dad will enjoy & look after it as James has.

havoc
25-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Fair summary of the ITRs...the interior of mine feels VERY dated now.

Meet-up - yeah, sure - drop me a line next time you're around and we'll have to go for a coffee or a pint. I work pretty standard hours and office is between Coventry and BHX, so not far.

Cheers,

Martin.

Nick Graves
25-04-2012, 07:27 PM
Congratulations indeed.

Oddly, stuck in a traffic jam in the NSX was really quite enjoyable; the 'specialness' plus the smooth controls (the FWD Hondas suffer far too much transmission shunt to be enjoyable - especially the Prelude) actually made me realise it was quite a nice place to sit back & relax. And enjoy the admiring glances.

I admit the pondlife do unnerve me and I don't like to leave it many places unattended.

Papalazarou
28-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Well, the car's gone and my garage is empty once more. A big thank you to Julian and Mike for coming down early this morning, and for making this such a straight forward sale. Many thanks also for letting me drive the Teg. I now understand what all the fuss is about and will be looking hard to find one for track. They have to be one of the most engaging cars I've driven. It really does feel like a RWD car.
With regard to the NSX, it is always sad to see a car that you've put time and effort into being driven away. However, I know the new owners will take care of it, and I wish them a very safe but enjoyable journey home.

Cheers,

James.

SILVER BULLET
28-04-2012, 12:07 PM
James, i'm sure there will be passenger rides to our favorite tea stop but won't be the same without you leading the way, Hope you get something soon,

Cheers,

Ian

PS can I borrow £40k please:laugh:

TheSebringOne
29-04-2012, 12:27 AM
Keep in touch James whatever you get next or we will miss your your wit & humour!

Papalazarou
29-04-2012, 07:52 AM
Thanks guys,

although I don't post so much now, I visit the site most days. I'll let you know what I pick up next. After yesterday a DC5's looking like a good choice.

Cheers,

James.

29-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Hi there,

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

If I could tag that would be cool :) I am from Solihull. And there is also a new owner in the city centre :) looks like mini meets may start to materialise :)

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Havoc,

very true...noticed your in the west midlands, My parents live there so im often in Birmingham most weekends, mini meet?! i had a dc2 and loved every minute of it, think i prefer the dc5 looks but love the dc2 driving characteristics better.

29-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Hi James,

I wish you the very best! Don't know how we will survive at car shows....our car displays may never look as meticulously presented ever again!

Andy

Thanks guys,

although I don't post so much now, I visit the site most days. I'll let you know what I pick up next. After yesterday a DC5's looking like a good choice.

Cheers,

James.

Senna88
30-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Andy,

Mike is actually my friend who ending up buying one because he drove mine! :) We'll definitely get a meet sorted when mine's ready to be seen in public!

Hi there,

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

If I could tag that would be cool :) I am from Solihull. And there is also a new owner in the city centre :) looks like mini meets may start to materialise :)

Cheers,

Andy

mjames75
30-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for all the welcomes....The NSX is safely at its new home, was a brilliant drive in back with my Dad and I swapping between the NSX and DC5!
Thanks again James and no problems for the the test drive, You made me have a bit more confidence going round the corners quicker in the teg!

Mike

30-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Sounds like a plan :)

Definitely organise something :)

Andy,

Mike is actually my friend who ending up buying one because he drove mine! :) We'll definitely get a meet sorted when mine's ready to be seen in public!

havoc
30-04-2012, 05:56 PM
You made me have a bit more confidence going round the corners quicker in the teg!

Bizarrely I actually corner quicker in the ITR than in the NSX - go figure!

Senninha
30-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Bizarrely I actually corner quicker in the ITR than in the NSX - go figure!

... 'coz the former is 20% the value of the latter ... I was the same in CRX's :D

Geraint
02-05-2012, 05:57 PM
Glad the sale went smoothly James, and congrats to the new owner :)

A DC5 though? We need to talk... :eek:

Papalazarou
03-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Glad the sale went smoothly James, and congrats to the new owner :)

A DC5 though? We need to talk... :eek:

Thanks Geraint,

I will hopefully see you at JF.

Cheers,

James.