PDA

View Full Version : Original Nsx car mats

markevo6
24-05-2012, 05:24 PM
As per title , required a new set of original nsx car mats - with the metal badge if possible .

Thanks

Mark

Senninha
24-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Contact Honda ... OR ... contact Sudesh as he offers overmats with OEM (or better) quality without you feeling like you're buying a 2nd NSX!

As per title , required a new set of original nsx car mats - with the metal badge if possible .

Thanks

Mark

nobby
24-05-2012, 08:18 PM
2nd that ... sudesh's matts are great value

NSXGB
24-05-2012, 08:26 PM
AFAIK, the Honda ones are no longer available?

Sudesh's mats are nice but don't have the metal badge you require.

Sudesh
24-05-2012, 08:37 PM
Did the UK mats have a metal badge? I always thought that was just JDM specific.

The OEM mats are something like £360.00 last time I checked, about 2 years ago.

Senninha
24-05-2012, 09:55 PM
photos needed .... as well as options etc

markevo6
24-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Did the UK mats have a metal badge? I always thought that was just JDM specific.

The OEM mats are something like £360.00 last time I checked, about 2 years ago.

£ 360 for 2no Mats , what are they made from ? Stitched with silver thread lol - think i'll give those a miss .

Definitely interested in a set from Sudesh though :)

Thanks

Mark

Kaz-kzukNA1
25-05-2012, 09:24 AM
If you are buying it from Japan, you won’t be able to get it at that price with the current exchange rate…
You will be looking at more like GBP500 for the pair of mats…..

At the time of 2005, these were the available interior accessories for JDM NSX.
http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/past/nsx/interior.html

Honda stopped manufacturing these standard floor carpet mats a while ago and there was none in stock at Honda Japan.

You can still get NSX-R one but as far as I know, it’s only in red.
For some of the parts, you may need to provide NSX-R VIN at the time of order but not sure whether you need one or not for this product.

Probably best to contact Sudesh or ask some of the Acura dealers to see whether they still have them in stock or not.

Kaz

WhyOne?
25-05-2012, 09:48 AM
My car cam with a set of mats which look very similar to those in Kaz's link.

They are very different in construction to those supplied by Sudesh.

Sudesh
25-05-2012, 10:53 AM
My car cam with a set of mats which look very similar to those in Kaz's link.

They are very different in construction to those supplied by Sudesh.

You might have JDM mats in your car! I recall buying mats from a dealer many years ago for first NSX and they didn't have any metal badge.

Also they are not really any different in construction other than the metal badge and the JDM mats have the little metal retaining clamps attached to the floor, They don't have a heel pad but rather cut out hardened piece of carpet for that and are not leather bound. But at £360 to £500 a set, people are welcome to them! lol

Sudesh
25-05-2012, 10:55 AM
If you are buying it from Japan, you won’t be able to get it at that price with the current exchange rate…
You will be looking at more like GBP500 for the pair of mats…..

At the time of 2005, these were the available interior accessories for JDM NSX.
http://www.honda.co.jp/ACCESS/past/nsx/interior.html

Honda stopped manufacturing these standard floor carpet mats a while ago and there was none in stock at Honda Japan.

You can still get NSX-R one but as far as I know, it’s only in red.
For some of the parts, you may need to provide NSX-R VIN at the time of order but not sure whether you need one or not for this product.

Probably best to contact Sudesh or ask some of the Acura dealers to see whether they still have them in stock or not.

Kaz

Kaz, I'm sure I've seen the NSX-R mats in black somewhere, but strange they are not listed on Access. Must check to see if I can find the photos.

Kaz-kzukNA1
25-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Probably, black was available for NA1 Type-R but not for NA2??? Not sure.....

Kaz

Sudesh
25-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Probably, black was available for NA1 Type-R but not for NA2??? Not sure.....

Kaz

Yeah very possible! I got the info on the BC for you, will email or text you in a bit.

WhyOne?
25-05-2012, 03:04 PM
You might have JDM mats in your car! I recall buying mats from a dealer many years ago for first NSX and they didn't have any metal badge.

Also they are not really any different in construction other than the metal badge and the JDM mats have the little metal retaining clamps attached to the floor, They don't have a heel pad but rather cut out hardened piece of carpet for that and are not leather bound. But at £360 to £500 a set, people are welcome to them! lol

By the construction being different I mean the backing for the mats I had in my car (with retaining clip holes and metal badge) the rear was a stippled rubber backing quite unlike the backing of the mats you supply. Not better, not worse, just different!

NSXGB
25-05-2012, 04:33 PM
...and super heavy...

By the construction being different I mean the backing for the mats I had in my car (with retaining clip holes and metal badge) the rear was a stippled rubber backing quite unlike the backing of the mats you supply. Not better, not worse, just different!

Sudesh
25-05-2012, 05:23 PM

Sounds very like the JDM mats! I sold 3 sets of USED JDM mats to the UK.

Would like to see if anyone can confirm if the mats with the metal badge and retaining clips are also available for the UK as I wasnt aware of it.

kingsley
28-05-2012, 04:54 AM
I have a set of Dark Grey mats as described by Whyone the loop edging has started to look a little worn. I have tried to find somewhere to make set of mats to go over the thick rubber . Problem is with the sewing machine needles not being sroong enough I'm told....and yes they are very heavy. Not seen them anywhere else.
Kingsley

lotusolly
28-05-2012, 08:20 PM
I have a set of Dark Grey mats as described by Whyone the loop edging has started to look a little worn. I have tried to find somewhere to make set of mats to go over the thick rubber . Problem is with the sewing machine needles not being sroong enough I'm told....and yes they are very heavy. Not seen them anywhere else.
Kingsley

If its only the loop edging (webbing) that's worn then you may be able to get that replaced. If you go to a good independant carpet shop they should be able to point you in the right direction. I had some rugs made before from the off cuts of a new carpet and sure they only charged something like £2-3 a metre.

Olly

WhyOne?
29-05-2012, 08:21 AM
...and super heavy...

Yes indeed - incredibly heavy.

They do stay put though!

kingsley
29-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Hi Olly

Thanks for that.....The carpets are not in bad condition. Passenger one is good, drivers slight wear on heel area. I have looked at having either leather edging or loop edging done. Problem seems to be with the very heavy duty rubber backing. No one wants to try and stitch through the backing. Also I would like to change the colour to red or black but not certain if I would spoil them.

Kingsley