PDA

View Full Version : Trying to post a few pictures............but having trouble.

jan glyn
30-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Wanted to post a few pictures of my recently acquired NSX-T but having problems. Im no techo geek so any help needs to be easy to understand.

I have the pictures, tried to insert an image into the text but I am only getting a file is too large message.

Any advice
Cheers
Mike

NSXGB
30-05-2012, 10:57 AM
You need to download a program that will let you resize the photos if you have nothing on your pc already. I recommend irfanview. Google it and you will find a site where you can download it for free. Otherwise tucows is a great site. Irfanview is very easy to use, if you get stuck give us a shout.
When you upload them to the site they will appear as thumbnails. To make them appear on the page full size you have to load them onto your own personal web space and provided a link.

jan glyn
30-05-2012, 11:40 AM
You need to download a program that will let you resize the photos if you have nothing on your pc already. I recommend irfanview. Google it and you will find a site where you can download it for free. Otherwise tucows is a great site. Irfanview is very easy to use, if you get stuck give us a shout.
When you upload them to the site they will appear as thumbnails. To make them appear on the page full size you have to load them onto your own personal web space and provided a link.

Thanks, Ive downloaded the irfanview and tried to re-size , Still no good as I said Im not computer wise so you have definatly lost me with loading them to my personal web space. Do I have any?

Mike

NSXGB
30-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Right. Open the file you wish to resize. Click on the 'Image' drop down menu then 'resize / resample'. In the box that pops up next, choose 800 x 600 pixels. Next bit is important if you want to keep a copy of your original photo... Click 'save as' from File drop down menu and save your now altered picture to your preferred folder with a new file name ( this avoids overwriting the original file.
HTH.

Kaz-kzukNA1
30-05-2012, 12:15 PM
As a side notes.....

When you are about to insert the image file, try to click on the ‘ ? ‘ mark at the top right hand corner and you should see the following screen. I think this is also in the FAQ section???

File type

Max File size

Max Width

Max Height

bmp
19.5 KB

doc
488.3 KB
-
-

email
19.5 KB
-
-

gif
488.3 KB

jpe
488.3 KB

jpeg
488.3 KB

jpg
488.3 KB

pdf
1.91 MB
-
-

png
488.3 KB

psd
19.5 KB
-
-

txt
19.5 KB
-
-

xls
97.7 KB
-
-

zip
1.43 MB
-
-

So, if you are trying to insert the ‘jpeg’ file, you will need to reduce the image size to at least 800 x 600pixels and also the file size to be below 488.3KB.

Kaz

havoc
30-05-2012, 07:37 PM
An alternative (but less friendly for any forum members not on decent broadband as there's no compression) is to use e.g. Flickr/Photobucket to host the full-size photos*, then you post links to them in here with [ img ]http...url...[ /img ] (remove the spaces) as the formatting.

The photos will then appear in your post, not as thumbnails to click on.

* Sign up for an account then start uploading straight away from your PC. Photobucket is easier to work out how to link to forums, but flickr is more of a community. I think Photobucket resize any >1MB anyway.

jan glyn
31-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Thank you for the help I think i may have cracked it.

A car I have looked to own for a long while, but I wanted a Manual Targa and it had to be Green

Halfway through cleaning but wanted get pictures before the next storm
This Charlotte Green car featured in the beging of the Sudesh Refresh post, its now re-patriated with its P111 NSX registration.
1129611297 The exhaust fitted by Sudesh is now teamed with DC Headers and an induction Kit. 11298 Not too noisey at normal speed but comes into its own in the upper rev range. Recent expenditure on the seats has further improved the interior 11299 A colour combination that I like Only trouble is the rest of the "toys" are not getting played with. 11300 See why it HAD to be Green.:)

mjames75
31-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Nice Collection :-), The other 'Toys' may get jealous...

jan glyn
31-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Nice Collection :-), The other 'Toys' may get jealous...

Possibly Green with envy ;)
cheers
Mike

havoc
31-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Two big cats...you sure your name isn't John Aspinall???

(Nice fleet by the way...)

jan glyn
31-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Two big cats...you sure your name isn't John Aspinall???

(Nice fleet by the way...)

No Im not Aspers, thankfully not Mr Prescott either.
Cheers
Mike

nobby
31-05-2012, 09:13 PM
nice collection of cars

Ed's car is a nice example and well taken care of by Sudesh. As you purchased the car with headers etc included you dont realise how much extra punch you have prior to new header install in place ... its a nice system you have.

best of luck with it and welcome on board

Senninha
31-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Very nice and good to knwo the NSX is safe with those two to protect it!!

XKR the daily by any chance?

jan glyn
31-05-2012, 11:27 PM
nice collection of cars

Ed's car is a nice example and well taken care of by Sudesh. As you purchased the car with headers etc included you dont realise how much extra punch you have prior to new header install in place ... its a nice system you have.

best of luck with it and welcome on board

Thanks, the exhaust/headers/intake certainly add to the experience.
Mike

jan glyn
31-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Very nice and good to knwo the NSX is safe with those two to protect it!!

XKR the daily by any chance?

Hi Senninha
The XKR has a number of Paramount performance upgrades, one of which is a larger cat back sports exhaust. Unlike the NSX this is loud and droaning however it is extremly fast. I use it mainly as a weekend car

TheSebringOne
01-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Welcome, lovely car collection.

I noticed the GTV Spider is not green?

jan glyn
01-06-2012, 01:12 AM
Welcome, lovely car collection.

I noticed the GTV Spider is not green?

Your right one or two of the fleet are "different" shades of Green lol.

Thanks for the warm welcome this certainly seems to be a friendly and enthusiastic site.
Mike