PDA

View Full Version : Baby NSX (no really!)

mersontheperson
30-05-2012, 03:44 PM
I havent yet been able to justify to the wife a purchase of an NSX, so have bought this as my station run-around.
I have read in many places that it shares similar style cues, and that its ethos of light weight and great handling is very much of the same ilk.

What do you think to her? 54,000 miles, good history and original in every way.

What do you think?

Senninha
30-05-2012, 06:43 PM
From the hubcaps thats the original 4WS model, great car and I had several of these back in the day.

Always had a soft spot for the Prelude, especially the previous model 20i-16, and keep dropping into conversation that I might get one as a town runabout, but I'm not allowed too :(

Keep it stock, give it regular servicing and when you sell up to the NSX please let me know ...

Welcome to NSXCB

regards, Paul

Problem Child
30-05-2012, 06:47 PM
Nice car....bring it to Nurburgring? LOL...means I have a chance of not being the slowest!

Hondaboy
30-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Wonderful cars had mine prior to getting the nsx and that's the only reason I sold her still wish I'd kept it looked lovely in White:D

Problem Child
30-05-2012, 07:22 PM
So you are starting a wedding car business, Hondaboy!

havoc
30-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Mk2 I think, possibly early Mk3. Nice cars and as Paul says the 4WS model handled very nicely indeed. Would've loved one when I was younger, but the insurance for a 22y.o. was horrific!

mersontheperson
30-05-2012, 08:06 PM
Spot on Senninha, it's a 2.0 EXI 4WS, and I think I will keep it standard. In fact I think I am the only person left on the planet that likes standard size wheels and plenty of rubber filling the arches.

Wonderboy, there is what looks like a pretty decent specimen on eBay in White for £695, and it is in Durham so not that far from you. Buy it and we will start a new trend.

Only had the car a week, but it is so responsive and engaging. Even the auto box is immediate and enjoyable. There a few blemishes which I am sorting out, but the midnight blue paintwork is really quite smart.

Senninha
30-05-2012, 09:40 PM
.....Spot on Senninha, it's a 2.0 EXI 4WS..... Even the auto box is immediate and enjoyable. .......

Thanx, from memory that paint is quite soft so be careful when you start polishing ... but it does look stunning once buffed up!

Your auto comment made me LOL as I recall a young lady who came into buy a 2.0 EX auto commenting about 'other' potential uses for the new auto gearshift!!

regards, Paul

BTW ... the ebay car is an EX thats been colour coded on the bumpers so add is mis-leading. Theres a rare SE model too but its manual.

britlude
30-05-2012, 09:48 PM
looks like theres plenty of ex-prelude owners here.. i had a gen 2 and a gen 5

Sudesh
31-05-2012, 12:09 AM
My mum had one of those brand new ack on 88/89! Lovely motor, wouldnt mind one of those myself, had a motion for the prelude model after this one but couldn't find a good one with the factory Honda kit.

WhyOne?
31-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Lovely car but not what I was expecting.

I currently use a Toyota Aygo as a station car and general run around but my son has his eyes on it and it is likely he'll buy it of me at some stage.

So I'll need a new station car - i'd like a mk 2 CRX but good ones are tricky to find. So I have been looking at what I consider the true 'baby NSX' - the Beat!

mersontheperson
31-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Your auto comment made me LOL as I recall a young lady who came into buy a 2.0 EX auto commenting about 'other' potential uses for the new auto gearshift!!

Do you mind?, I have to drive this car every day. Now I will have to take some hand sterilizing gel with me each morning..:eek:

NZNick
31-05-2012, 09:44 PM
looks like theres plenty of ex-prelude owners here.. i had a gen 2 and a gen 5

My first car was a Mk1 1.6 EX - with the connolly leather and huge glass sunroof - in a stunning shade of Gold - reg no. ALE165Y. The manual choke was great on cold mornings - poisition III had the car revving at about 3500rpm !!!
My next car was another 1.6 Mk1, then a second generation CRX 1.6i 16v, followed by a 1990 VTEC engined CRX. I very nearly bought an Integra (DC5) Type R next, but the ride was just too harsh for the mean streets of Dunedin.......;)

NZNick
31-05-2012, 10:03 PM
So I'll need a new station car - i'd like a mk 2 CRX but good ones are tricky to find. So I have been looking at what I consider the true 'baby NSX' - the Beat!

Honda Beat - midship amusement! (http://www.honda.co.jp/factbook/auto/BEAT/19910515/index.html)

Have you tried looking for a Beat on www.u-ukhbc.co.uk ? They have a for sale section. Also, if you are of the mind to import one, there are currently 211 on carsensor.net in Japan.

TheSebringOne
31-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Nice Lude, one of my favourite cars to have owned. I had a 1994 in white one with factory honda bodykit
& 4 WS. Were they not toying with the idea when designing the NSX?