PDA

View Full Version : NSX wanted for Autocar photo shoot

Kevin
29-01-2006, 07:41 PM
I've been contacted by Autocar magazine. They are looking for an early original car for taking photos of. An email he sent me is below;

We're doing a special supplement on the best used cars on the market, and we're looking for someone in the South West London area who owns an official UK NSX (early 90s ideally, in original condition) and would like it photographed professionally in a studio and to see it in Autocar magazine. This would involve bringing their car to our offices in South West London for a few hours next Friday 3rd February. We'd pay any fuel expenses incurred, and could supply digital copies of the shots we take via email afterwards, but not for publicatiion.

My email address is matt.saunders@haynet.com; they can email me directly.

Greybloke
29-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Interesting.

Mine's not totally original, but it is an early one in classis colour combo :D Sent a note anyway in case I can help out.

simonprelude
30-01-2006, 10:07 AM
Would be interested but mine is a 97, totally original though as you know :)

mutley
30-01-2006, 01:06 PM
My one is completely original 1992 and in great condition (apart from the electrical probs) but unfortunately it's impossible for me to get to London on the 3rd Feb as I am living/working over in Northern Ireland at the mo.

I would have loved some decent photos of my car too.. HURUMPH!!!!!

sportyking
30-01-2006, 01:26 PM
I have an 01 (pop-up light model) in Circuit Blue.
It is totally standard externally and lives in South/South West London.
Also I rarely work Fridays and will be off on the 3rd. More than welcome to use it if they want.

Paul G
30-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Sent details of mine
91 uk car, Red with black roof. Manual 72k totally standard. Working in Bracknell that day. Kind of fits the bill. who knows!! :D

Rob_Fenn
30-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Good luck :D

Greybloke
31-01-2006, 10:22 AM
Has anyone had contact? :roll:

Paul G
31-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Nope nothing :cry:

sportyking
31-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Ooops, didn't e-mail. Probably too late now, never mind I will continue to live in stealth mode

Paul G
02-02-2006, 10:04 AM
Just had the thumbs up :lol:

simonprelude
02-02-2006, 12:27 PM
Glad it's one from here :)

Paul G
02-02-2006, 01:41 PM
After a run down the M3 tomorrow it might not look red with a black roof!

Martin
02-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Hey Paul G

Well done I'm looking forward to getting a copy. Is you ugly mug going to appear in the mag, or is it car only?

Cheers,
Mr G

Greybloke
06-02-2006, 11:49 AM
Paul

How did it go,and when's it going into the rag?

Paul G
06-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Interesting to see what really goes on behind the scene :shock: .

I had to wait around 1 1/2 hours whilst they took loads of pictures of a BMW (think it was a 328- didn't take a lot of notice as they are not my cup of tea :) ) reckon the BM will get it's fair share of pictures though!

Other cars where: Honda Civic Type R, VX220 and a 355 (shame about the rust on the 355, after all it was a 98 model!) must admit a 355 was a car that would interest me, but after taking a good look I don't think it would be my next choice now, as for people saying that the NSX interior looks dated :twisted:

They even had to dull down the NSF lower spoiler on mine as it was too "shiney" and got a reflection from a cable in the studio! Then a quick lick of paint on the floor to make everything ship shape and away they go!

Hope I get a few good pictures to remember the afternoon by, only going to be from lower front looking down the car, not a bad angle!

The guys from Autocar were all very friendly and more than happy to chat about things. So, all in all a good afternoon off work!

Just for the record Mr G, I won't be appearing next to my car, couldn't be doing with all that modelling work!!

Cheers

PG

Martin
06-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Hey Paul G

Glad the day went well, and glad you're not downgrading to a 355 rustbucket!

When is your car going to be in the mag?

Nicky wants your autograph to frame :lol:

Cheers

Mr G

Paul G
06-02-2006, 10:19 PM
Not sure what date yet, Matt is going send me pictures and a copy of the Mag soon.

I'll let you know in plenty of time so Nicky can get the correct size frame :lol:

Cheers

PG

Senninha
21-02-2006, 10:28 AM
HI Paul,

This weeks Autocar has a supplement on 'Half Price Heroes' including the NSX which I'm guessing is your P&J?

Looks fantastic and they make reference to the club!

Nice job Paul :)

Greybloke
21-02-2006, 08:58 PM
and they make reference to the club!

Car looks great, but pity they didn't give the web address :cry:

Paul G
21-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Hi Senninha, Greybloke

Thanks for the comments, had to go out and buy my own copy :shock: still waiting for freebie to turn up!

I'm happy with the result, not sure about a 97 plate with 30,000 miles for £20k!

I'm going to try my own photo shoot at home see what result I can get with a bit of imagination...watch this space!

Cheers

PG

Trident
22-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Did you see my car in Auto Express this week?
Trident

Paul G
22-02-2006, 02:25 PM
sure did! two articles two weeks, can't be bad.

Reckon we have a chance of seeing each other at some point on the roads, I work in Bracknell, so not too far from you! we're look like twins :wink:

Trident
22-02-2006, 03:42 PM
Hi Paul,Weren't you on the Essex run with Track Demon last year?
I was there.
Peter

Martin
22-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Hey Paul G

I just got my copy of the mag and was absolutely delighted to see your car in it, looking great! Nicky has it framed already :D

I'm a bit disappointed with the article though. You dont really get any idea what the NSX is about from the article, and if I didnt already own an NSX (and didnt know what the NSX is about), I wouldnt feel the need to rush out and buy one after seeing the article.

And again....they make it look like you can pick up an NSX in exchange for a bag of peanuts!!! 97P 30,000 miler for 20 g's!! No wonder potential future owners are expecting the world and more when these stupid mags are coming up with ridiculous figures (remember the 13k NSX article also?).

Its nice to see the NSX getting praise in all these articles that have come out recently....but what a shame they are making the NSX look like the bargain bucket buy.

Mr G

PS Trident I saw your car too....looking great also! I'm just down the road from you in Fleet. We should catch up along with Paul G some day soon and put the world to rights!

Paul G
23-02-2006, 01:09 AM
Hi Trident,

Nope, not me.

I went to one meet last year with Martin, Paul from Basingstoke (red NSX) and Darren just off Jc 5 M3.

Better keep looking out!

Cheers

PG

Trident
23-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Hi guys, yes we should get some of the local NSXers to meet informally somewhere. There seems to be more of you around here than I thought.I know of a '92 red/black I could drag along.
Any suggestions of a suitable place or day?
Peter