PDA

View Full Version : Plastic-dip your car...now Armour-all solution

Silver Surfer
10-06-2012, 09:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNY9Dx617N8&feature=related

Forget wrapping.....this is a DIY which is even easier and gives a better result.

See here on Prime http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161561

SS

Kaz-kzukNA1
11-06-2012, 10:25 AM
Hi, Silver Surfer.

I was thinking of using it on my front lip spoiler as a test case but seems like US has much more variety for the set of Plastidip spray cans. You can also create your own colour as well.

Some has done it on the wheels and seemed to stay quite well but not on the brake callipers.

Kaz

Papalazarou
11-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Hi, Silver Surfer.

I was thinking of using it on my front lip spoiler as a test case but seems like US has much more variety for the set of Plastidip spray cans. You can also create your own colour as well.

Some has done it on the wheels and seemed to stay quite well but not on the brake callipers.

Kaz

Great idea Kaz,

every NSX I've bought has needed a lip spoiler, and at £180.00 each it's beginning to hurt. This might be a cheap answer to the problem.

Cheers,

James.

m666 edd
11-06-2012, 11:33 AM
every NSX I've bought has needed a lip spoiler, and at £180.00 each it's beginning to hurt.

The solution is surely to stick with the same NSX? ;)

markc
11-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Forget wrapping.....this is a DIY which is even easier and gives a better result.SS

That looks like a lot of trouble to make you car look absolutely sh!te :)

I don't get this trend for the matt look AT ALL... along with privacy glass, LED (dotty) tail lamps, clear indicators, DRL's (Daylight Running Lights) etc. I guess I'm just not "down with the kids" :D

Cheers

Mark

Papalazarou
11-06-2012, 06:28 PM

I don't get this trend for the matt look AT ALL... along with privacy glass, LED (dotty) tail lamps, clear indicators, DRL's (Daylight Running Lights) etc. I guess I'm just not "down with the kids" :D

Cheers

Mark

Mark,

Did you say you weren't a fan of privacy glass;)

Cheers,

James.

markc
11-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Mark,

Did you say you weren't a fan of privacy glass;)

Cheers,

James.

Once or twice :D

scottg
12-06-2012, 12:17 PM

Cheers

Mark

I'm with you Mark, the car looked great in white and the matt black just shows up the dent in the bonnet.

Silver Surfer
12-06-2012, 08:13 PM

Plastic-dip'd wheel...looks good.

SS

markc
12-06-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm with you Mark, the car looked great in white and the matt black just shows up the dent in the bonnet.

Doing it outside like that it must have loads of dust, insects and air-born crap in it as well! I don't get it at all :overhead:

Papalazarou
12-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Doing it outside like that it must have loads of dust, insects and air-born crap in it as well! I don't get it at all :overhead:

I can see some useful applications for the product. They do a clearcoat Version which might work on lower bodywork prone to stone chipping.

Cheers,

James.