PDA

View Full Version : NSX CUSTOM MADE from HONDA TOCHIGI FACTORY?????

snow patrol
24-07-2012, 07:28 PM
NSX CUSTOM MADE by HONDA TOCHIGI FACTORY?????

The chassis vin plate on drivers cill has additional numbering 94 and 154 any idea what this means?

Thanks

Chris

Sudesh
24-07-2012, 07:33 PM
NSX CUSTOM MADE by HONDA TOCHIGI FACTORY?????

The chassis vin plate on drivers cill has additional numbering 94 and 154 any idea what this means?

Thanks

Chris

You referring to a yellow car?

snow patrol
24-07-2012, 07:34 PM
Yes indeed with green Jordan stickers on lower rear sills????

Sudesh
24-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Yes indeed with green Jordan stickers on lower rear sills????

I was sent some details before on this car by a gentleman that was interested.

As this is FACTUAL info, then I can tell you that, the car is a 94 model, NOT 99 or even 96.

It's an individual speced car or as they call them in Japan "custom Made" basically it was slightly uniquely speced, the interior color would be one of those unique speced options, the other thing I recall would be the stitching on the interior and maybe one or two other things, would need to go back through my files to see.

It looks like a nice car and low miles and is a genuine custom made car.

Something I find strange though is, the Jordan stickers that someone put on at some stage, are lacquered over.

snow patrol
24-07-2012, 08:20 PM
Thanks Sudesh for the information the car also has a unique chassis number NA11200266 TRIED THE NSXPRIME WIKI but just bombs out hopefully is a valid number??

Sudesh
24-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Thanks Sudesh for the information the car also has a unique chassis number NA11200266 TRIED THE NSXPRIME WIKI but just bombs out hopefully is a valid number??

No the chassis number Is not unique, thats just a standard JDM chassis number as the car came from Japan, that's why you can't research it on prime.

snow patrol
24-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Thanks again and to confirm it does has different dash sticking color too..

Sudesh
24-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks again and to confirm it does has different dash sticking color too..

Yeah I know! Dash and door etc

Lankstarr
24-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Custom cool. Is it possible the Jordan stickers are from the factory given the lacquering?

Sorry, speculation rather than fact required as a response!

L*

Sudesh
24-07-2012, 09:07 PM
Custom cool. Is it possible the Jordan stickers are from the factory given the lacquering?

Sorry, speculation rather than fact required as a response!

L*

Wouldn't have thought so! Not allowed to speculate as I haven't seen the car in the flesh lol

nobby
24-07-2012, 11:13 PM
again speculating, i think this would be an interesting car ... especially the factory custom interior, would be very rare here. no mention of any jordan edition in any books i have read or online ... but hey who knows!

snow patrol
25-07-2012, 08:55 AM
Thanks Guy's for the feedback and information, shame it came with the Titanium 5 spoke 18" / 17" alloys don't think these would be from the custom factory though as the speedo reading is out (50 mph = 70 mph according to my sat nav)
Will need to get some OEM 17 / 16 alloys.

gumball
25-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Can't help but feel disapointed this thread isn't about still being able to build a proper NSX..

Sudesh
25-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Thanks Guy's for the feedback and information, shame it came with the Titanium 5 spoke 18" / 17" alloys don't think these would be from the custom factory though as the speedo reading is out (50 mph = 70 mph according to my sat nav)

Did you purchase the car?

Is the car reading in MPH?

Nick Graves
25-07-2012, 01:38 PM
Can't help but feel disapointed this thread isn't about still being able to build a proper NSX..

It's a shame that's not possible - some sort of japanese Caterham-like operation...

Sudesh
25-07-2012, 06:12 PM
again speculating, i think this would be an interesting car ... especially the factory custom interior, would be very rare here. no mention of any jordan edition in any books i have read or online ... but hey who knows!

Honda knows lol

There is NO Jordan NSX.

AdvansCPAP
25-07-2012, 07:01 PM
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=11439&d=1343242857

Here's a door sill I managed to get a hold of

Sudesh
28-07-2012, 01:03 PM

Hi,

Got your PM, tried to reply but your inbox is full.

Rob_Fenn
31-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Sounds like an NSX with interesting story, but certainly there was no Jordan edition.

Can you still send your NSX back for a refresh (where you would then get the new sill plates), or did that end when production ceased?

Kaz-kzukNA1
01-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Hi, Rob_Fenn.

You can still send your NSX back to the factory to go through the ‘Refresh Plan’.

It used to be more than 1 year waiting time but now it is down to 6 months.

For your reference, the side sill plates won’t be replaced.

Instead, you will get additional small ‘NSX Refresh’ plate with the number punched and
attached to the slanted stay inside the engine bay.

It is not by laser etching or engraving so not easily copied.

If you want just the ‘Custom Made’ side sill plate, you can buy one.

Kaz

Lankstarr
01-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Yours is definitely custom Rob!

Rob_Fenn
03-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Ha! Could say that. Its great that you can still take your car back for a refresh; could you feasibly come back with a 'brand new' 3.0?

Nick Graves
04-08-2012, 01:03 PM
IIRC, it's a refresh & not actually a resto and is available in three stages.

The basic is a full engine/suspension rebuild and the most extreme a full respray/new trim/body seals.

They talked about using oil-based acylics, so at least the paint ought not to chip so easily...

Papalazarou
04-08-2012, 06:59 PM
IIRC, it's a refresh & not actually a resto and is available in three stages.

The basic is a full engine/suspension rebuild and the most extreme a full respray/new trim/body seals.

They talked about using oil-based acylics, so at least the paint ought not to chip so easily...

I wonder what the cost is?

Cheers.