PDA

View Full Version : NA1 rear caliper seal kits

matpp
26-07-2012, 11:32 AM
I intent to overhaul the calipers during the winter months......I have the seal kits for the front together with KAZ's Goodridge hose kit but cannot find the rear seal kits for my '96 NA1. NLA in the UK and the US.

Can these be sourced from Japan or does anyone have 2 kits lying in their garage?

Shame I couldn't make it to the Silverstone Classic.....looked like fun apart from the puddles.

Cheers,

britlude
26-07-2012, 12:32 PM
biggred brakes do kits for the front and rear Calipers, look on their website or ebay shop. I know they are not in a OEM honda bag but they are as good as! And anyway, as honda doesn't do them then not much option but going after market! HTH

NSXGB
26-07-2012, 12:48 PM
I personally wasn't too impressed with the quality of the Bigg Red seals, they seemed a different grade of rubber which was more rigid than OEM. Budweg do a set for the NSX which IMHO is as close to OE as you're going to get. Saying that, if Jon has actually fitted them and has no problems I'd totally trust his judgement.

The only other option, if you are feeling brave, is to play the Dali lottery as he is showing them in stock....

Kaz-kzukNA1
26-07-2012, 02:48 PM
Hi, Mathieu.

I think you were referring to the original smaller caliper spec because the brake size was increased
when NA2 models were introduced but as all of the AT models stayed with the NA1 engine,
there are NA1 models with both the original smaller caliper as well as the later spec larger one.

Unless you have bought your NSX as a new car, your previous owner may have upgraded your
caliper and bracket to the later spec so best to double check it.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-J6aRIYzprcI/UBFWiOeSdiI/AAAAAAAAD8A/YHooH5D0SWM/s640/OriginalSmaller.jpg
If your Rear Right caliper looks like this, then you have the original smaller caliper.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-_fWef7vuufM/UBFWgy18GdI/AAAAAAAAD74/c3VS1_RlmYM/s640/LaterLarger.jpg
If it looks like this, then you have the later spec larger one.

For the smaller rear caliper spec, you need the caliper service kit 01473-SL0-010.
You need two of them for doing both rear corners.

Your parts person may tell you that it is not used for your NSX depending on the year model.
Also, it seems that due to the chemical material (grease??) included in the package,
you may not be able to get it in certain countries.

If that is the case, then just order the individual parts without the silicone/rubber grease and
the silicone compound.

Let me know if you need to know the individual parts number.

If you got stuck, just send me an email as I’m always ordering it from Japan.

Kaz

matpp
16-08-2012, 07:31 AM
Thanks for your replies........apologies for not replying sooner, just back from holiday.

My NSX is as original as you're going to find so the rear calipers are the smaller NA1 type.

I contacted Budweg and they referred me to their UK distributor, Brakes International Ltd. Here's a link to their website: http://www.brakeparts.co.uk/

They sell complete front or rear calipers, caliper service kits, seal kits and pistons for reasonable prices so I thought I'd give them a try.

Front calipers are 73.15 ex VAT and rears £87.22 which seems unbelievable but when you try to buy on their website, a stock enquiry box opens for all these products (NA1 and NA2).

Too good to be true?.........I'll keep you posted once I get a reply from them.

Cheers,