PDA

View Full Version : Best Europe NSX trip

Lankstarr
04-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Hi all,

I'd like to do a trip in the NSX next year to Europe , only a Friday to Monday job but would like some thoughts, recommendations based on what you know or actual experience.

I have never looked into it but have the current ideas:
1. Ring trip with a few laps (not sure I have balls to ring my car!)
2. Amsterdam plus mash up
3. Italian mountains (enough time?)

Let me know your thoughts :-)

Thanks,

Luke

Lankstarr
04-08-2012, 09:40 PM
Btw just upgraded to lifetime tracker option.. Pretty much decided I'll keep the NSX over the gallardo ive always wanted as long as funds/ situation permits. Another one off the market long term hopefully... Just got 3 years Honda warranty as well!

Senninha
04-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Ring trip is great fun and Hans does great job of organising this annually (278kph) .... I actually prefer the drive from the forest to Nuburg than the actual track and some of the surrounding roads are also good fun!

Le Mans another good one though my next will be in two yrs for the next classic as I can't get excited by weasel racing.

Would love to do Italy ... Hopefully we still have Markc's trip notes on here as a guide

nobby
04-08-2012, 11:49 PM
thumbs up for ring trip ...not as bad as u think ... u go as fast as u are happy with ... accidents happen when people run out of talent

great feeling runnin the nsx there

Tokyo-Joe
05-08-2012, 07:59 AM
I am interested in joining you if you are open to that, my euro road trip last year was one of the most fun/scary things I've done!

Lankstarr
05-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Need to work out plan before thinking if it's good to go in a group... If it was drive to Amsterdam for a mash up the main concern would be a secure hotel for the car and other than that it would just be used to and from rather than a driving holiday.

Ring scares me a bit, lack of talent on my part and other idiots coupled with the knowledge that car would be very hard to replace!

Italy appeals a lot, need to work out mileage to make sure it can work over 4 days without being too tired.

Thanks for input!

L*

Ewan
05-08-2012, 08:31 AM
Italian mountains is a bit far for a long weekend, I think. Unless you get the train to Livorno - http://www.railsavers.com/page.aspx?pid=68 (http://www.railsavers.com/page.aspx?pid=68) - and drive back, maybe? Depends on whether you want to spend the entire time in the car or if you plan to stop and see things too :)

Mrs D & I did a Gran Turismo a few years ago, and here's the itinerary (with a few stops long enough to enjoy the location and catch our breath) - it didn't feel like an onerous amount of driving most of the time, though the last day hack through Belgium from the N'Ring back home was long and dull.

CONFIRMED ITINERARY

Sat 5th Sept

Sat 12th Sept

Depart
Home 07:00

Depart
Bologna

Arrive
Reims 14:00

Arrive
Bologna

Stay