PDA

View Full Version : NSX Timing belt service parts

snow patrol
17-08-2012, 06:09 PM
HI All,

I am looking for the most cost effective place to purchase the all important timing belt service parts, where would you all recommend?

Parts required: timing belt / tensioner / spring / water pump including cover / crank pulley plus gaskets etc.

Appreciate your feed back.

Kind regards,

Chris

Problem Child
17-08-2012, 06:13 PM
I got all mine shipped in from Findlay Acura in US....half the price of HUK including the shipping it was c£500. Then got them fitted at Norton Way

Very good service

nigel
19-08-2012, 01:25 AM
Might try getting hold of Tim Poliniak, (formerly of Ray Laks Acura, New York) at Acura of Peoria in Arizona.
He has repeatidly given great service and the best prices.

Cheers
nigel

PeterW
19-08-2012, 09:49 AM
... Tim Poliniak, (formerly of Ray Laks Acura, New York) at Acura of Peoria in Arizona.
He has repeatidly given great service and the best prices.

I've also been happy with Tim Poliniak's service. Here's his email address Hondacuraworld@aol.com <Hondacuraworld@aol.com>. Drop him a line and ask him for a quote. I don't have experience of trans-Atlantic shipping though.
Peter

Ozmondo
24-08-2012, 04:28 PM
just out of interest, people who have bought timing belt kits from abroad, how much did you pay and what did you get with the kit exactly? as i can see there only being listed as a belt and a tensioner?

Lankstarr
24-08-2012, 09:30 PM
I used Dali, he does packs so even if you don't want to use him you can see what parts you need.
Don't forget your new water pump and cam shaft pulley :-)

PeterW
24-08-2012, 11:07 PM
just out of interest, people who have bought timing belt kits from abroad, how much did you pay and what did you get with the kit exactly? as i can see there only being listed as a belt and a tensioner?
If you look at Kaz's Health Check Service blog on 17th July 2010, you'll find a list of the parts he replaces. If you go to a Honda dealer they will replace less. It's a personal choice which approach you prefer. There is no "right" choice. Regarding prices, I'm averaging 45% of the Honda UK price buying from Tim Poliniak (excl. shipping). There are a few US suppliers. If you are new to this site, do a search on your chosen US supplier name before placing an order. Some people apparently got burned. Caveat emptor!
Peter

NSXGB
25-08-2012, 06:22 AM
I'm sure it's just a typo by Luke...you don't need to replace any of your camshaft pulleys, but if you have no record of your crankshaft pulley being replaced, that would be a very good idea.

I used Dali, he does packs so even if you don't want to use him you can see what parts you need.
Don't forget your new water pump and cam shaft pulley :-)

Lankstarr
26-08-2012, 06:03 AM
I'm sure it's just a typo by Luke...you don't need to replace any of your camshaft pulleys, but if you have no record of your crankshaft pulley being replaced, that would be a very good idea.

Crank pulley cam pulley whatever;);):bigsmile: