PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fit Volks in oem sizes?

jamieburke
24-09-2012, 07:33 AM
HUge savings in weight- 15/16 wheels by Volks are 2+kg per wheel lighter then the oem rims.

16/17 rims are still significantly lighter than the factory 15/16 set up- which is forged aluminium!

Anyone do this swap and if so what did you notice in terms of handling and acceleration?

Or do people always size up? I tried 17/18 and it looked good but handling was very negatively affected.

Any input welcome!

Jamie

m666 edd
24-09-2012, 09:16 AM
I can only talk for facelift sizes...

I have Volk TE37s in 17" front and rear. 17x7.5 & 17x9.5 40 offsets compared with oem 17x7 & 17x9 55 offsets. Weight wise compared with the genuine 2002+ type r wheels they are very fractionally heavier but that is probably down to the extra width & offset differences.

I'd never fit 18" wheels on the rear just for looks. The extra weight and further from the centre of the wheel would be quite an acceleration/de-acceleration penalty. With my current brake setup 17" is the smallest that will fit over the brakes anyway. If you look up at what was the Super GT NSX it has 18" front wheels and 17" rear wheels, presumably to be the smallest that would fit over the brakes for best performance. Same for the others cars I think.