PDA

View Full Version : Parcelfarce - may the f-arce be with you!

Nick Graves
26-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Dali Racing dispatched some Acura bits to me from San Diego priority and USPS got them here in 10 days.

They've sat in Welwyn Garden for six days, because Parcel Farce didn't tell me there was duty to pay.

When I went there to rant at them, apparently it's an IT fault & they're not interested. No apology; CGAF. The decreptitude & disorganisation going on whilst this discourse was occurring was like an Eisenstein film.

Funniest part was they then asked me for ID. I said yes; I'M A BLOODY ANGRY CUSTOMER! That sufficed, apparently.

Sudesh
26-09-2012, 06:32 PM
Dali Racing dispatched some Acura bits to me from San Diego priority and USPS got them here in 10 days.

They've sat in Welwyn Garden for six days, because Parcel Farce didn't tell me there was duty to pay.

When I went there to rant at them, apparently it's an IT fault & they're not interested. No apology; CGAF. The decreptitude & disorganisation going on whilst this discourse was occurring was like an Eisenstein film.

Funniest part was they then asked me for ID. I said yes; I'M A BLOODY ANGRY CUSTOMER! That sufficed, apparently.

I use them all the time and never had an issue, usually when Packages come in with duty to pay, you get a bill/invoice/notification in the post, you can then either pay over the phone and PF dispatch the parcel, or you can take the letter with you to the depo and pay the duty and collect.

Just did this very thing yesterday!

Nick Graves
26-09-2012, 06:51 PM
The IT fault was apparently to blame for the non-issue of the notification.

Except that I know others have experienced the same problem at different times.

One gets the feeling they are used to being taken to task (someone else was in there before me!) which is why it's water off a duck's back.

It's duck season soon, isn't it?

AR
27-09-2012, 09:09 AM
I just don't get why people just don't strive for excellence in everything they do! My experience with them and almost all of the other couriers is that they are run by mediocre managers halfass directing mediocre staff and mediocre drivers. There might be one or two that give a...Why should it be a surprise when things arrive on time and everything runs as it should!

NSXGB
27-09-2012, 09:43 AM
I usually track the parcel and collect as soon as it gets to the depot, then they still send a letter 3 days later informing me of a parcel to collect with duty and their ridiculous fee added too.
My last Parcelfarce fee was £8, the duty collected was about £3! I complained and got a reply saying that they lose money providing that service to us, yeah righty ho!
They just know they have you by the danglies and know they can get away with it. Bstrds.

PS. Nick, I'm more impressed that you actually won on the Dali lottery...

Nick Graves
27-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I object to having to pay their mis-handling charge.

They are a former nationalised zombocracy and it shows in their "Customer is King - 'king knut" attitude.

And no; I swapped a few e-mails with Mark on the Saturday & my order went out Monday, as usual. I've never had a problem with Dali and USPS itself is very good, except that USPS > Parcelfarts and so I'll probably rely on couriers from now on.

m666 edd
27-09-2012, 11:00 AM
The handling fee is plain robbery. If it was like £2 it would make a bit more sense due to the duty issue. I get really fed up of having to collect an item which I've paid to be delivered and to get the privilege of paying a fee for the undelivered item.

Whenever I order from the states and they use FedEx it comes within 48 hours to my door with no fees and no issues.

vtecdirect
27-09-2012, 02:00 PM
I unfortunately have to deal with the idiots every day. Drives me nuts the level of ineptitude. They still have parcels showing on their system, as undelivered and awaiting collection, that i personally picked up..2 years ago!!!!! Its a system error apparently and they cant be deleted. Ridiculous.

mutley
27-09-2012, 03:46 PM
When I ordered my mishimoto radiator from the US, it was delivered to my door by FEDEX withing 48 hrs of order,(from california) and they paid all the usual import bumf and just invoiced me for it a week later.

To me that is a much better service.

Jim

vtecdirect
27-09-2012, 03:50 PM
100% agreed Jim, Fedex and UPS service is leaps and bounds ahead of Parcelfarce!

Nick Graves
27-09-2012, 07:50 PM
When I ordered my mishimoto radiator from the US, it was delivered to my door by FEDEX withing 48 hrs of order,(from california) and they paid all the usual import bumf and just invoiced me for it a week later.

To me that is a much better service.

Jim

That's exactly what happened with my Back Yard Special seat frame for the S2000.

Not with Parcelsupyourarse.

mutley
28-09-2012, 07:19 AM
having read through this topic, maybe if ordering form any company in the US in future, would it be best to make your own arrangements with UPS/FEDEX to uplift/deliver rather that the supplier using USmail/ parcelforce?

Just a thought

Jim

m666 edd
28-09-2012, 07:35 AM
The problem seems to be that FedEX / UPS costs a lot if your not an existing big customer. Whenever SoS quote using these it's normally about 3 times more expensive whereas if the company uses them as their main courier the prices are fine.

Nick Graves
28-09-2012, 08:46 AM
In the words of Sybil Fawlty; "The reason he's cheap is because he's no good".

I shall probably go the professional courier route (where possible) in future. It seems to work for JDM companies.