PDA

View Full Version : drivers interior door handle

britlude
28-09-2012, 03:00 PM
just to add to the list of things done to the car this year, the drivers door handle has given up the ghost, not the cast aluminium fix-it-with-a-handle-fix-it-widget, but the handle itself. another reason why i don't like others being in my car, they break it! previously someone managed to pull the handle hard enough to break the surround, this was fixed, now some ham fisted muppet has broken the handle, stressed/cracked/torn the plastic!

so... fishing for a door handle assembly, right hand drivers side!

what you got kicking about?

ta, Jonathan

kingsley
30-09-2012, 09:51 AM
Hi Jonathan,

There is a company at Cannock Staffs that seems to have big stock of NSX spares I am looking at trying to get over there in the next week or so. I can ask or send you contact details. Do not have address yet

Kingsley

britlude
30-09-2012, 06:09 PM
hi, thanks, i've got one on its way, from the ebay items they have listed it's probably from them!

kingsley
01-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Great ...I thought they would have had one...

Kingsley

Nick Graves
01-10-2012, 12:10 PM
Glad you got it sorted.

Where do you find these ham-fisted monkeys - Whipsnade zoo?

mutley
01-10-2012, 05:11 PM
I just saw this and as I changed my door handles to the SOS ones have the originals somewher ( and I do mean somewhere!!)

But if you are sorted then that's good.

Jim

britlude
01-10-2012, 05:30 PM
fingers crossed the replacement door handle will be with me this week, if not i'll be putting the call out again!

WhyOne?
01-10-2012, 05:53 PM
fingers crossed the replacement door handle will be with me this week, if not i'll be putting the call out again!

I have a spare drivers side handle if you find you are stuck Jonathan - the 'cast aluminium fix-it-with-a-handle-fix-it-widget' bit is broken, but the handle / frame section is tickety-boo.

britlude
05-10-2012, 02:11 PM
thanks for all the offers/support!

the replacement handle arrived today, and was fitted soon after! all sorted now, and the release cable set to open the door before the handle is anywhere near the end of it's travel!

hurrah!