PDA

View Full Version : What parts to bring back from Japan?

goldtop
29-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Well, my trip to Japan is now fixed (21st March to 16th April), and as suggested by forumites, I will go shopping for NSX bits at Mr Honda, and bring it back as as excess baggage. (I will check with with BA on the allowances/costs).

So what exactly should I bring back? Bearing in mind that I don't have an NSX (yet!), I'll most likely bring a generally useful round-up of parts that would otherwise be extortionately expensive at Honda UK. I'm guessing clutch, cambelt, water pump, etc...

All ideas welcome. :)

Problem Child
29-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Well, my trip to Japan is now fixed (21st March to 16th April), and as suggested by forumites, I will go shopping for NSX bits at Mr Honda, and bring it back as as excess baggage. (I will check with with BA on the allowances/costs).

So what exactly should I bring back? Bearing in mind that I don't have an NSX (yet!), I'll most likely bring a generally useful round-up of parts that would otherwise be extortionately expensive at Honda UK. I'm guessing clutch, cambelt, water pump, etc...

All ideas welcome. :)

A handful of RHD centre consoles.....very light!

PeterW
29-01-2013, 09:04 PM
.... bring it back as as excess baggage. (I will check with with BA on the allowances/costs).... :)

Put it in your hold luggage and not hand baggage. I had a hard time getting a crank pulley through the hand baggage security check, first in Houston and then in Paris CDG! Don't understand it. I checked and am quite sure crank pulleys are not prohibited items ...

Peter

nigel
29-01-2013, 10:28 PM
No they aren't but the customs idiots in Houston should be.

Cheers
nigel

NSXGB
29-01-2013, 10:37 PM
BA is quite generous with hand baggage, depending on destination you are usually allowed 23kgs as long as it fits the size requirement.
Security opened my hold luggage to see all the parts I had in my case a few years back, I suppose the ABS upgrade & wiring loom could resemble something more sinister, clumsy gits dropped my crank pulley, luckily it was ok.