PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust advice......

Problem Child
06-02-2013, 10:00 PM
Considering an exhaust upgrade to my super fast red MT 1998 NA2 3.2 NSX T (with pop ups).

Dont know where to start so some advise (and likely costs) would be welcome. What are the imortant considerations?

Silver Surfer
07-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Ary's ZD Exhaust....
VFM and superb construction.....so good I've bought the car to go with it...;)

SS

nobby
07-02-2013, 07:47 AM
Yes, 2nd vote for Ary ... trying to get one of him at the mo, but not been able to contact him of late ... anyone have a number for him or know of his whereabouts?! ; )

Ary's ZD Exhaust....
VFM and superb construction.....so good I've bought the car to go with it...;)

SS

Sudesh
07-02-2013, 08:20 AM
Yes, 2nd vote for Ary ... trying to get one of him at the mo, but not been able to contact him of late ... anyone have a number for him or know of his whereabouts?! ; )

Woud also agree with Arys, although I don't have it on my car [wasnt available at the time] I have heard it and seen it, on another members car, and it is very Very nice!

nobby
07-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Ary is on holidays at the mo ... not back until the 12th or so

Any queries re his exhaust can be resumed then for those that are interested

regards

anyone have a number for him or know of his whereabouts?! ; )

Problem Child
07-02-2013, 12:26 PM
Ary is on holidays at the mo ... not back until the 12th or so

Any queries re his exhaust can be resumed then for those that are interested

regards

SOme pictures and price would be nice. Also like to hear one....any on youtube?

NSXGB
07-02-2013, 12:59 PM
SOme pictures and price would be nice. Also like to hear one....any on youtube?

Since you're a bit slow Geoff, I've searched the forum to find them for you :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdEYu...e_gdata_player (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdEYuJ9snUk&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRBcF...e_gdata_player (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRBcFTA_a-s&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

nobby
07-02-2013, 02:29 PM
forums have search functions ... there are a number of threads regarding Ary's exhaust on here

and he is BACK on the 12th ... so not too long to wait to get up to date info from him directly

Problem Child
07-02-2013, 03:12 PM
forums have search functions ... there are a number of threads regarding Ary's exhaust on here

and he is BACK on the 12th ... so not too long to wait to get up to date info from him directly

found them! thanks

Kaz-kzukNA1
08-02-2013, 11:34 AM
Hi, Geoff.

What is your target for replacing the exhaust and the priority of each factors?

For example, some owners put higher priority on the top end power than the sound and vice versa.
For some people, ‘looks’ is so important that the tail tip has to have the blue tinted colour.

If sound is the highest priority, you really need to listen to the actual sound with exactly the same spec as your NSX including any modifications.

Everyone has different sensitivity for the audio frequency and you will get some of the sound through your skull so something sounded really nice for others doesn’t necessarily mean it’s also great for you.

You also need to think about the rpm range.
Depending on your hearing sensitivity, engine cover on/off, the exhaust material, exhaust model, etc, you may get drone at lower rpm range.

It’s not just the exhaust and you need to think about the entire package but replacing the back box/exhaust will change the back pressure resulting in shift of torque curve.
So, at some rpm range, you may loose some torque and if can’t get out of this range fast enough, you may feel your NSX got slower or sluggish. Seems like your NSX is slower than other colours or even other red NSX despite the fact that you have C32B engine.
So, changes in the back pressure may make you even slower......

What other modifications do you have on your NSX?
Even removing the engine cover or using meshed type will change the sound getting into your ear and also through your skull.

As your engine is 3.2L C32B, what modifications do you have at the intake side (filter, air box, TH body, ITB, etc), header (OEM or aftermarket), CAT (de-cat, OEM, aftermarket sports type, etc)?

Kaz

Problem Child
08-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Hi, Geoff.

For example, some owners put higher priority on the top end power than the sound and vice versa.
For some people, ‘looks’ is so important that the tail tip has to have the blue tinted colour.

If sound is the highest priority, you really need to listen to the actual sound with exactly the same spec as your NSX including any modifications.

Everyone has different sensitivity for the audio frequency and you will get some of the sound through your skull so something sounded really nice for others doesn’t necessarily mean it’s also great for you.

Depending on your hearing sensitivity, engine cover on/off, the exhaust material, exhaust model, etc, you may get drone at lower rpm range.

It’s not just the exhaust and you need to think about the entire package but replacing the back box/exhaust will change the back pressure resulting in shift of torque curve.
So, at some rpm range, you may loose some torque and if can’t get out of this range fast enough, you may feel your NSX got slower or sluggish. Seems like your NSX is slower than other colours or even other red NSX despite the fact that you have C32B engine.

Even removing the engine cover or using meshed type will change the sound getting into your ear and also through your skull.

As your engine is 3.2L C32B, what modifications do you have at the intake side (filter, air box, TH body, ITB, etc), header (OEM or aftermarket), CAT (de-cat, OEM, aftermarket sports type, etc)?

Kaz

Its a standard 3.2 MT 1998 targa with pop ups. Also its red so doesnt need any mods really, just want it to sound like Pauls!

NSXGB
08-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Hi, Geoff.

Seems like your NSX is slower than other colours or even other red NSX despite the fact that you have C32B engine.
Kaz

That made me smile :)

Problem Child
08-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Hi, Geoff.

Kaz

Of all the people...with you, Kaz, owning a red NSX (admittedly only a 3.0) that you would have stood up for all us Reds!

..........Us reds have got to stick together in light of the exaggerated misinformation being spread about our red NSX's!!!

L696ULO
08-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Geoff it's the black roof which makes the Reds faster !

Rich

scottg
08-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Geoff it's the black roof which makes the Reds faster !

Rich

This is the reason Ferarri have done the same with the 599 GTO. When Crockett and Tubs had the white Testerossa in Miami Vice they realised their mistake and that's why you don't see white Ferarri's nowadays (with the exception of Chris Evans who is clearly colour blind and dislikes driving them so much he has to get others to take them on a tour each summer)

paulc
08-02-2013, 08:03 PM
Absolutely!!!

Problem Child
08-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Absolutely!!!

Crockett & Tubbs...... OMG I thought I was old!!!!

Anyway, I thought all the roofs were black and then painted as an option?

Senninha
08-02-2013, 11:35 PM
That made me smile :)

so it's official then ... Geoff has the slowest NSX in the UK ... LoL one cannot argue with the Master!

Senninha
08-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Its a standard 3.2 MT 1998 targa with pop ups. Also its red so doesnt need any mods really, just want it to sound like Pauls!

kind of you to say Sir, but as referenced by Kaz, yours will need more than just a back box to keep up!

Ary's is nice, well made and several members are using it on 3.0 and 3.2.

Mine is Haywood & Scott, plus high flow cats, filter and air box and is well over 100 lbs lighter than yours too ....
Of course this does mean you get to listen to it a lot ...

H&S are in Basildon

rgds, Paul

Sudesh
09-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Crockett & Tubbs...... OMG I thought I was old!!!!

Anyway, I thought all the roofs were black and then painted as an option?

Not on the targa, or maybe your slightly mixed up.

On the targa, the lift out panel was black and painted as option, but the A, B pillars etc were body color.