PDA

View Full Version : Formula 1 - 2013. (Possible spoiler - enter at your own risk)

NSXGB
24-03-2013, 09:56 AM
Well, was that not the most awkward podium you've ever seem?!

scottg
24-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Great scrap but Webber deserved the win. I would love to be a fly on the wall in that team meeting

nobby
24-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Disgusting move by vettel ... Webber's win for sure.

As for Hamilton and merc clearly contracts are in his favour.

gutted for Jensen, defo a 5th place finish minimum

Problem Child
24-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Great scrap but Webber deserved the win. I would love to be a fly on the wall in that team meeting

Disgusting behaviour by Herr Vettel but these johnny foriegners are all the same! I hope Webber makes a BIG issue about it. I know he's an Aussie but we shoud forgive him as he lives just down the road in Aston Clinton, and owns the Stag (pub/ restaurant) in Mentmore

NSX 2000
25-03-2013, 10:02 AM
DOH wrong box. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21916476 I bet he feels like a Rodney

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/21917899 Some of the comments at the bottom of this story make interesting reading.

gumball
25-03-2013, 10:20 AM
Disgusting move by vettel ... Webber's win for sure.

As for Hamilton and merc clearly contracts are in his favour.

So therefore it must be in Webber's contract that the team would tell Seb to back off? no
It's just the usual last stint 'that's all folks'.
It was a very enjoyable race up to Seb's bone headedness. But then the boos he got last week for no apparent reason might have messed his mindset up somewhat.

goldtop
25-03-2013, 12:08 PM
I can't warm to Vettel, but he is a racing driver, and he's entitled to race. (Yes, I know it is a team sport, but let's face it Senna wouldn't have stood for it.)

markc
25-03-2013, 05:28 PM
This was for the most part a dull, drive to a pace that doesn't wear out the tyres, race. Vettel certainly livened proceedings up but by going against team instructions, and more so by breaking a moral code, is going to pay for it.

I like Vettel (out of the car) he seems like a nice chap and he's blinding fast. However he doesn't have full control of his emotions in the heat of battle. Basically red mist got the better of him (again). He knows he f*cked up hence the grovelling apologies, but he's gonna have to get used to a lot more boo's on podiums from now on.

Mercedes (Rosberg) showed how to orchestrate a team finish correctly but given Hamilton's more extreme fuel issues they'd probably have been better off letting Rosberg past to put a bit more pressure on the Red Bull's. I guess they (Ross Brawn) knew they couldn't get at the RB's so called the race done after the last pit stop. Just as Red Bull tried to.

I was pleased to see Alonso screw up as well :) Perhaps being out qualified by his team mate 4 times on the trot is getting to him, I certainly hope so.

Mark

WhyOne?
25-03-2013, 06:48 PM
This sort of thing has ended catastrophically in the past - I am thinking most particularly of the San Marino / Zolder - Peroni / Villeneuve incident.

TheSebringOne
25-03-2013, 11:47 PM
What about Senna V Prost !

Senninha
26-03-2013, 12:06 AM
This sort of thing has ended catastrophically in the past - I am thinking most particularly of the San Marino / Zolder - Peroni / Villeneuve incident.

Wasn't that the year Villeneuve lost his life in qualifying ... thrown clean out of his car IIRC

As for the Red Bull thing .. Seb has done what I suspect Ayrton, Nigel, Michael or any of the World Champions would have done ... and if Seb wraps it up early then he will gift back to Mark once he has another trophy

Shame for Jenson who had been minding his own business
Stupid decision by Ferrari ... how did they think that wing was going to stay in place?? Foolish mistake
Mercedes ... they need points so they can spend for the championship within 2 yrs

Impressive first few races for some of the Rookies ...

WhyOne?
26-03-2013, 09:00 AM
What about Senna V Prost !

I am not sure that team orders were a factor in the clearly strained relationship between these two, and even if they were, no one died as a consequence.

Didier Pironi disobeyed team orders to hold station behind Villeneuve and overtook him on the final lap to take the win. Gilles was incensed and most observers (including Nigel Roebuck who was a good friend and spoke to Gilles on several occasions between the San Marino and Zolder races) believe that Pironi's duplicity drove Gilles to drive like a man possessed (even more so than usual!) in qualifying at Zolder, desperate to beat Pironi. It was actually on Gilles's 'slow down' lap in qualifying that he collected the rear of Mass's March and fatally crashed. Gilles, characteristically, was driving the lap absolutely flat out - he didn't do 'slow down' laps! Very sadly I don't expect we will see his likes again.

AR
26-03-2013, 12:53 PM
What Seb did was dishonourable.

britlude
26-03-2013, 11:07 PM
vettel is always ignoring team orders, especially the 'take it easy and bring the car home' orders when he's miles in the lead, and then decides to pop in a quickest lap time.

the usual team strategy is team 'mates' can race til the last of the pit stop cycles, then hold station after that to preserve the car unless chasing down another team. the bosses look at the long game with limited engines etc for the season!

and just how much fuel did they leave out of Hamiltons car??? he seemed to be fuel saving for half the race, and even without team instruction would have been in the top 4..

gumball
27-03-2013, 08:44 AM
and just how much fuel did they leave out of Hamiltons car??? he seemed to be fuel saving for half the race, and even without team instruction would have been in the top 4..

He always gets a little over excited with new tyres on, blatting about chasing folks down. Then the enevitable call to the pits "Hey guys, my tyres are gone", "Ok Lewis, by the way you're also out of fuel". The 'blatting about' has usually put him in a position where he can afford a rest though.
I guess they may have let Nico through if they were being hounded by the MIA Button and/or Alonso. The Force India's also would have been up there but for their knackered nuts.