PDA

View Full Version : New seats!

Papalazarou
11-03-2006, 09:10 PM
Finally got round to installing my new seat covers. OK, cover.
It took me five hours for my Father and I to do just one seat!

The original leather seat cover was in excellent condition, but I felt like brightening up the interior a bit.
The quality of the leather is easily as good as the original and not too difficult to fit, just very time consuming.
If anyone else gets one of these kits I have lots of pic's at various stages of installation.
Hopefully do the drivers seat and door cards next week.

Some pic's;

James.

Greybloke
11-03-2006, 10:30 PM
James, nice work.
Where did you source the covers, cards etc?

Papalazarou
12-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Thanks GreyBloke,

I sourced them from Leatherseats.com in the States.
I actually found them on E-Bay because they'd done a group buy on Prime and had a set left over I think.
I am now an expert in NSX seats! The original seats are very well put together. The hardest part of the installation was fixing the 'Hog rings' so we used cable tied instead whuch seem to work better because you can vary the tension and hopefully get a better fit.

James.

mutley
12-03-2006, 05:16 PM
I agree, looks great and certainly breaks up the all black interior. On my ever increasing list of things to do, I was going to go down the replace-with-new-seats route, but if it's cheaper to do it your way I'm all for saving a bit of cash that could go towards other jobs.
How long did it take start to finish and how much was the kit?

Papalazarou
13-03-2006, 09:49 AM
The kits are around the £500.00 mark, including carriage, but you can specifiy your own combinations i.e; perforated leather,suede, different colours etc..
I expect the kit to take about 10-12 hours to install. Currently halfway through!

James.

Greybloke
13-03-2006, 09:43 PM
The kits are around the £500.00 mark,

each seat? :shock:

osiris_x11
13-03-2006, 10:58 PM
The kits are around the £500.00 mark,

each seat? :shock:

Hehe... $500-$600 (USD) / pair but additional charges for perforation, sueded/alcantara inserts, 2-tone, contrast stitching, door/trim pieces, embroidery, etc'. Good-stuf, I must say!

{delivery/shipping & installation/materials extra}

www.leatherseats.com

Papalazarou
20-03-2006, 10:12 AM
I haven't done the door cards yet, but here are the seats. (I took this with my phone camera so the colour's far from close - in reality the match is very good).

With regard to the company I bought them from, they were a bit slow sending them and I needed to make a couple of simple modifications to get the seats to fit perfectly, but on the whole they were very good.

James.

simonprelude
21-03-2006, 12:38 PM
Did you just trust the colour match or did you get any swatches to check, am thinking about the Oranges but would like to see how Orange each one is ??

Papalazarou
21-03-2006, 06:37 PM
I'd seen them in other cars on prime, so I knew roughly how they would look. I haven't seen any in orange yet but some of the guys on the group buy were stipulating different colours.
I don't think it matters much if the colour's a couple of shades out. mines not exactly the same colour and I'm really pleased with it.

I guess you could ask and see what's possible though.

James.