PDA

View Full Version : Banzai mag photo shoot

batmobile
14-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Got approached at Japfest by Banzai magazine who want to do a photo shoot with 4 or 5 NSX.

No idea where and presume reasonably soon.

Only details are they want some modified and standard.

Can you indicate if you're interested please then as soon as I find out more we'll select on proximity to shoot/supply.

Leo

scottg
14-05-2013, 04:24 PM
Happy to get involved if in the South

drmikey
14-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Got approached at Japfest by Banzai magazine who want to do a photo shoot with 4 or 5 NSX.

Can you indicate if you're interested please then as soon as I find out more we'll select on proximity to shoot/supply.

Leo

Yes I'm interested. Mildly modified NA2 Targa (wheels, suspension, brakes, exhaust etc..)

Silver Surfer
14-05-2013, 05:19 PM
I'll be interested too as discussed at Japfest.

SS

britlude
14-05-2013, 05:52 PM
why do all the exciting discussions happen when i'm not there!!! yup, interested!!! :)

NSXGB
14-05-2013, 06:43 PM
I'm game if its local ish.
Mildly modified.

214nsx
14-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Yes, interested .....NA1 or NA2 both completely standard.

Problem Child
14-05-2013, 08:29 PM

Leo I'm interested

Dragonlady
14-05-2013, 09:15 PM
If midlands area I'm up for it depending on time and date.

Ian

Senninha
14-05-2013, 09:36 PM
I'm interested

Theres enough modified cars Geoff ... if only you kept your's OEM ;o)

Dragonlady
15-05-2013, 06:06 AM
Yes, interested .....NA1 or NA2 both completely standard.

That's just greedy :D

Sharon

WhyOne?
15-05-2013, 06:38 AM
Subject to date and location, I would be willing to pop along with Y1 - standard NA2 coupe with pop-up lights.

Diesse 19
15-05-2013, 08:40 AM
Standard 96 Targa in Yellow if required.

Problem Child
15-05-2013, 11:20 AM
Theres enough modified cars Geoff ... if only you kept your's OEM ;o) They want a slow one too, so I am OK!

Problem Child
15-05-2013, 11:21 AM
They want a slow one too, so I am OK!ANyway...mine isnt modified....its slightly improved

batmobile
15-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Spoke to them this morn.

Further detail is:

In the next 4 - 5 weeks
Shoot is near Northampton
Most of a day
Honda are helping (not sure what this means)
4 - 5 cars (he is confirming exact requirement this week)

Leo

sorepaws
15-05-2013, 12:48 PM
yes Interested - unmodified old NA1 :-)

Kaz-kzukNA1
15-05-2013, 02:15 PM
I could join the group if it involves the technical aspects and if I can arrange my schedule but after looking at their website, I’m not sure I have enough modifications.....
Their magazine looked like for the heavily modified JDM cars, like yours Leo, as I saw your NSX at the Japfest.

If it is around Northampton, then may be Mugen Europe is involved???
Very friendly people there.
I think they had some of Honda owners and S2000 owners meetings there recently.

Mine is 94 JDM with several modifications that can't be noticed well from outside.....

Kaz

Senninha
15-05-2013, 02:33 PM
..........Honda are helping (not sure what this means)
...........Leo

NSX Concept joins the photoshoot?

m666 edd
15-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Would be good if some real information was published in the magazine rather than some made up / assumed information (I have no idea how Banzai magazine works but after reading other NSX articles...).

I could be interested in this as it would be a good excuse to drive and meet up with other owners.

Fairly modified although mostly performance modifications rather than body mods.

gumball
15-05-2013, 03:45 PM
I'll just pop in say. . I'm not interested. Ho ho.

Tokyo-Joe
16-05-2013, 06:54 AM
I am also registering my interest, modified black na1. I have had my previous 180sx featured before with them and they are a good bunch, accurate technically as well so I imagine this will be a good article!

Dragonlady
16-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Because of the amount of interest could they not do an article with the club mentioned and as many cars there as possible, it would make for a great article and photos.

Ian

Kaz-kzukNA1
16-05-2013, 09:00 AM
I do hope anyone writes about our cars at least do their home work first and understands why Honda decided not to go for the massive high power engine or didn't think about turbo charging it.
As it is already disclosed in Japan, I’m allowed to say that Honda did test the super charger on NSX.

The basic home work on how one handling comparison project which was abandoned once turned into NSX project.
Not complete compared to the Japanese version but the English one here;
http://world.honda.com/history/challenge/1990thensx/index.html

The key concept is,

http://world.honda.com/history/challenge/1990thensx/img/pho_02.jpg
Data from rival models was plotted on the “Milky Way” diagram, with the Y-axis representing
power-to-weight ratio (running performance = vehicle weight/engine output) and
the X-axis representing wheelbase-to-weight ratio
(turning and stopping performance = vehicle weight/wheelbase).
The NSX aimed to position itself outside the conventional sportscar realm,
at a point as close as possible to F-1 machine.

“What particular qualities would a sportscar have in representing the Honda name?” This was the ultimate question facing the development team, and they repeatedly engaged in long discussions in the hope of finding an answer. Eventually, once their direction had been identified through the use of a conceptual diagram, they began to define key words in the development of their new car, code-named the NSX. The diagram was a means of representing power-to-weight ratio (running performance) along the Y-axis and wheelbase-to-weight ratio (turning and stopping performance) along the X-axis in clear, accessible terms. Moreover, the plotting of data from rival models directly over the diagram resulted in a zone of latitude that stretched out like the Milky Way. Because of this shape, the diagram was also called the “Milky Way diagram.” Countless discussions centered around it, until at last the development team reached its conclusion:

“What we need is a midrange, midship car that provides superior performance yet requires equally superior driving skills in order to be controlled. We can then maximize the dynamic performance of this car to a degree that’s as close as possible to an F-1 machine.”

It was clear, however, that too much dynamic performance could result in compromised cabin space, making the car difficult to control. That simply was not acceptable to Honda, whose prime objective in manufacturing cars and motorcycles was to ensure the comfort of drivers and passengers alike. To Honda, higher dynamic performance had meaning only with the assurance of human compatibility, in which the driver could operate the machine as desired and the vehicle exhibited excellent adaptability to various road conditions.

“To create a sportscar for a new era, we should balance human feelings and vehicle performance at higher levels. Accordingly, that car will represent Honda value; a benefit no one else can offer.” This was the consensus of the development staff, and it was to be the concept for their new vehicle.

[all contents and diagram are abstruct from Honda Worldwide web site based on above link]

Kaz

Gary
16-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Very standard red/black 1991 on offer. Would I have to polish it?

batmobile
20-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Update from Banzai mag as follows:

"...Essentially though, we'll be needing 4-5 NSXs in varying states of tune. The idea is that with Honda announcing the production site for the new NSX, we'd like to pay homage to the icon by getting together some of the finest examples in the UK and showing the different tuning avenues available. So, ideally from the NSXCB we'll need turbo'd, supercharged against tuned N/A examples a standard car.

Location wise, we'll hopefully be pretty central in the Northamptonshire area and the shoot will take place on a week day. We're pretty flexible with dates, so it's a matter of firming up a day when everyone's available. I'm waiting to hear back from Honda about something, so as soon as I've heard, we can move things along further and finalise some plans..."

I am waiting for the dates to come through.

Leo

batmobile
20-05-2013, 04:20 PM
Thanks Kaz - it took a while (and a glass of wine!!) but I think I understand the diagram.

To confirm my understanding, where would a Elise or GTR be?

Leo

Problem Child
20-05-2013, 05:18 PM
Thanks Kaz - it took a while (and a glass of wine!!) but I think I understand the diagram.

To confirm my understanding, where would a Elise or GTR be?

Leo I thought that was part of the test....understand the diagram and you got on the shoot!

Papalazarou
20-05-2013, 05:31 PM
Initially i thought that if I had to pick five cars. It would have to be;
1. An unmodified early manual with no pas.
2. A targa of some description
3. An auto
4. A supercharged manual pop-up
5. A facelift.

However, there are some really interesting cars out there that fall into multiple catagories. I wonder whether some of these might not be a better compromise?

So based on that;

Kare's red SC
Gary's midnight purple na1 targa with 02 facelift
Nigel's pearl white NA2 facelift manual
An auto; perhaps Jon's or Chris's car
Finally a track/race car.

Cheers.

NSXGB
20-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Maybe...

1. Classic red / black totally standard 1991 auto (early wheels).
2. Later standard pop up targa up to '01.
3. Mildly modded NA coupe or targa.
4. Modified FI example (Kare's or Amo's if finished)
5. Facelift coupe / targa (The Type-R would have been ideal).

Initially i thought that if I had to pick five cars. It would have to be;
1. An unmodified early manual with no pas.
2. A targa of some description
3. An auto
4. A supercharged manual pop-up
5. A facelift.

However, there are some really interesting cars out there that fall into multiple catagories. I wonder whether some of these might not be a better compromise?

So based on that;

Kare's red SC
Gary's midnight purple na1 targa with 02 facelift
Nigel's pearl white NA2 facelift manual
An auto; perhaps Jon's or Chris's car
Finally a track/race car.

Cheers.

Hagasan
20-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Haven't logged on here for a while but I would be happy to be involved in a photoshoot....we'll my car, not me!! Week days are usually possible to a point depending on my shifts. Gary (Midnight Purple Targa with Facelift update James mentioned)

drmikey
20-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Depending on when it is, my race car may possibly be in a fit state to be photographed

drmikey
20-05-2013, 08:34 PM
I think people should just post pics of their cars and then allow forum users to vote on who should represent each category

Senninha
20-05-2013, 09:30 PM
Maybe...

1. Classic red / black totally standard 1991 auto (early wheels).
2. Later standard pop up targa up to '01.
3. Mildly modded NA coupe or targa.
4. Modified FI example (Kare's or Amo's if finished)
5. Facelift coupe / targa (The Type-R would have been ideal).

ref #5, why not drop the owner a line, it could be just the excuse he needs to give it a run ...

i'd vote for a stock classic red n black, Nigel's or NSXR, Gary's, Kare's Pearl and an LBBP ... Why only 5? Too many nice example ... Simon', Jonathan's, Ian's, Leo's, Leigh's, Kaz's and many more ...

all of these demonstrate well the flexibility offered to many by the NSX

hope all goes well ...

rgds, Paul

Senninha
20-05-2013, 09:36 PM
I think people should just post pics of their cars and then allow forum users to vote on who should represent each category

Excellent idea, could run a vote / poll ... Have owners post up favourite photo then run vote ...

WhyOne?
21-05-2013, 08:22 AM
So where do we put our pictures Paul? :)

Rob_Fenn
21-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Are they expecting to test the cars or is it a static shoot?

Senninha
21-05-2013, 09:47 AM
So where do we put our pictures Paul? :)

Here you go ... http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?11179-Banzai-mag-photo-shoot-Nominations&p=102613#post102613

britlude
20-06-2013, 09:14 PM
did this die a death??

sorepaws
21-06-2013, 08:54 AM
MX5's win over NSX
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?11179-Banzai-mag-photo-shoot-Nominations/page3

Chris B N
21-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Am available for the shoot if you want the carin best colour there!!!!!
Cheers Chris