PDA

View Full Version : NSX eligible for forward parking at Goodwood FoS

WhyOne?
26-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Good news - the NSX is on The list to qualify for forward parking at this years Festival of Speed:
http://www.goodwood.co.uk/downloads/grrc-docs/2013-fos-approved-supercar-list-final.pdf

The (very) bad news is that it would cost you £170 to avail yourself of this 'privelige' for the 3 days of the festival!

It is, however, a pretty exclusive club, with the likes of the 911 only getting temporary admission this year by dint of it being its birthday.

simonprelude
27-05-2013, 10:07 AM
Admission tickets also required......so basically £170 to park closer. Would rather arrive by helicopter for less money.

NSXGB
27-05-2013, 11:56 AM
I'm struggling to see why you would do this? Unless a free beer tent is involved?

gumball
27-05-2013, 12:03 PM
It's good that it ends the 'is it a super car' debate. :winkgrinsmile:

WhyOne?
27-05-2013, 05:58 PM
When I first noticed this, I thought it was going to be a FoS interpretation of the highly successful pre-1973 (IIRC) car parking at the Revival. Car built before this date are collected together in a forward car park and make a tremendous spectacle. No charge is made for this parking, and it adds another dimension to the event. I have certainly spent a happy hour or so just wandering about this car park!

I believe something similar at the FoS would work very well. However, the thought of spending £170 for 3 days parking, no matter how auspicious the company and how close to the F1 paddock is a complete no-no in my book.

britlude
27-05-2013, 06:00 PM
i'll tell you what it's like after i've been there!!! a special treat for myself and save a walk!!! :)

the parking is £50 for friday, and £60 for the other 2 days. (not just a £170 payment!) the parking is just above the F1 paddock, and by the sounds of it right beside/inside the show! just making the most of my 'supercar' status!

at the end of the day it's being part of the 'ascot' for cars. i know many on here that wouldn't bat an eyelid shelling out £1K on an exhaust, so £60 (less than a tank of petrol) to be a bone fide 'supercar' at a motoring mecca is peanuts!

gumball
27-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Nice one! Enjoy it.
Last time I was there it was quite a walk and shuttle.
Should get some attention as well, as NSXs are after all fantastic.

flyingsniffer
27-05-2013, 07:09 PM
I've just sent this to a mate with a Bentley Continental GT. He'll be seething.

I'm surprised the Aston V8 Vantage is 'in', yet the DB7 out. Cygnet...no surprise!

Problem Child
27-05-2013, 08:32 PM
i'll tell you what it's like after i've been there!!! a special treat for myself and save a walk!!! :)

the parking is £50 for friday, and £60 for the other 2 days. (not just a £170 payment!) the parking is just above the F1 paddock, and by the sounds of it right beside/inside the show! just making the most of my 'supercar' status!

at the end of the day it's being part of the 'ascot' for cars. i know many on here that wouldn't bat an eyelid shelling out £1K on an exhaust, so £60 (less than a tank of petrol) to be a bone fide 'supercar' at a motoring mecca is peanuts!
Enjoy....we always knew it was a supercar!

WhyOne?
06-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Whilst it still makes for expensive parking, GRRC members receive a 25% discount.

britlude
06-06-2013, 01:32 PM
on the waiting list for that!

WhyOne?
06-06-2013, 02:13 PM
How long have you been waiting Jonathan?

I was on the list for 18 months before I received the calling......

nobby
06-06-2013, 04:50 PM
My would your mate be seething?

a Bentley CGT is NOT a supercar so imo it has no right to be included (and obviously the assessors agree) as its a mass produced modern day luxury car/GT car.
Would happily sit somewhere like a prestige section or something but hardly supercar

Your mate needs to wind his neck in as they say! :)

I've just sent this to a mate with a Bentley Continental GT. He'll be seething.