PDA

View Full Version : NSX owner's handbook

goldtop
02-06-2013, 05:18 PM
OK, I managed to buy two NSXs, but neither of them had the owner's manuals!

One is a '93 coupe and the other is a '96 targa, so if anyone has a spare manual relevant to either, please let me know.

In the past, I've bought new ones for my '90s Mercedes, but I don't know yet whether Mr Honda still sells the NSX owner's manual...?

Sudesh
02-06-2013, 09:07 PM
OK, I managed to buy two NSXs, but neither of them had the owner's manuals!

One is a '93 coupe and the other is a '96 targa, so if anyone has a spare manual relevant to either, please let me know.

In the past, I've bought new ones for my '90s Mercedes, but I don't know yet whether Mr Honda still sells the NSX owner's manual...?

You can buy them from Honda, wasn't that expensive either. I bought a new UK version, as my NSX was JDM.

goldtop
04-06-2013, 09:53 AM
Thanks - how recently? I called my local Honda centre who said "it's not listed", and I can't see it listed on Lings.

britlude
04-06-2013, 10:33 AM
always worth keeping an eye on ebay.... They turn up there quite often

Kaz-kzukNA1
04-06-2013, 11:12 AM
I’m not sure exactly which manual you are referring to but if you are talking about the one describing the function of each switches on the dash, how to close the bonnet or boot lid, etc, then you can download it from Honda Japan website.

Unfortunately, it’s in Japanese and I couldn’t find English one through Honda Worldwide website.

There are lots of diagrams inside there so even without understanding Japanese, you may be able to figure out some of the contents.
Unfortunately, it’s not allowed to post the copy of the downloaded file on here so I’ll just show you the link;

http://www.honda.co.jp/ownersmanual/HondaMotor/auto/

In the first dropdown menu, select ‘NSX’ or ‘NSX-R’.

In the second dropdown menu, select ‘2005’ for the time being.
Some of the contents such as factory fitted immobiliser system are not applicable to your models.

Then, you will see a 'RED booklet' icon at the right window.

Click on it and then load the top address bar into Google Translate to somehow understand the strange Japanese-English for the T&C.

If you agree to the T&C, then you can click on the ‘Download PDF’ tab.

Enjoy.

Normally, you can find the parts no. at the back cover of the existing manual but I don’t know that is the case for UK manuals.
May be someone can find it out for us???

Kaz

goldtop
04-06-2013, 11:40 AM
Excellent, Kaz - thanks for taking the time to explain all that. Have downloaded that PDF for later.

My Other Half speaks and reads Japanese so I may get somewhere with the Japanese version for now. :)

greenberet
05-06-2013, 05:07 AM
In case it helps, the US 1991 Owner's Manual is online here: http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/NS9191/NS9191MAINIDX.pdf

goldtop
05-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Thanks GB - that's useful as a start and I'll keep an eye on Ebay, too.