PDA

View Full Version : NSX sold on eBay for £1020.....

simonprelude
12-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Anyone on here the lucky bidder?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-NSX-for-spares-repairs-only-/200932111526

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Honda-NSX-for-spares-repairs-only-/00/s/NjAwWDgwMA==/z/4BYAAOxyLchRse1N/$(KGrHqF,!rUFGiNcKOPuBRse1Mp56g~~60_12.JPG

goldtop
12-06-2013, 02:01 PM
Sold off Ebay, I presume? I doubt it actually sold for just £1020!

Probably a fee-dodging sale, and we'll see the bits appear via one of the NSX breakers.

simonprelude
12-06-2013, 02:17 PM
Looking at the bid history etc then it did actually sell for £1020.

NSXGB
12-06-2013, 02:28 PM
I was watching this, I'm sure it ended 2-3 days early even though it has a winning bidder?? I emailed them for more details the day before yesterday & they finally got back to me today saying "item sold". I asked whether it really sold for £1020 and to contact me if the sale fell through & they just replied "paid for". To the point I suppose!

scottg
12-06-2013, 03:45 PM
I did bid on this and it was on my watch list so I think it was ended early. I struggle to believe it sold for this amount, the engine and gearbox were worth 4 times that easily.
At just over £1000 you could sell the wheels and tyres and have the rest FOC.
Did me a favour really as I am not sure how I would have explained the new garden ornament to the wife!!!

NSXGB
12-06-2013, 04:08 PM
Did me a favour really as I am not sure how I would have explained the new garden ornament to the wife!!!

Ditto that!

I think the NSR wheel, suspension & wing had taken a bit of a whack so I think you'd only ever have hoped for 3 wheels!

nobby
12-06-2013, 04:48 PM
no harm to you all, but if it sold to me at that price, the wife would not even be an issue :)

mjames75
12-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Ended 3 days early,he had an offer of 10k and took it,I was watching it and emailing him etc, finally got a reply with more than two words in!

nobby
12-06-2013, 06:12 PM
Seems a fair price considering number of potential parts from it

Ended 3 days early,he had an offer of 10k and took it,I was watching it and emailing him etc, finally got a reply with more than two words in!

mjames75
12-06-2013, 06:22 PM
I'm amazed some of us were watching/bidding and didn't post a link on the forum! Some things are meant to be kept quiet?! I guess we're growing up!

NSXGB
12-06-2013, 06:48 PM
I personally think £10k is way too much for a car being broken for spares that has obviously been sitting for some time. Fair play though, the dealer got a good price.

simonprelude
12-06-2013, 06:57 PM
Well considering not long ago you could have had a fully functioning auto for that price.

goldtop
12-06-2013, 07:10 PM
I'd put a 'place-holder' bid down while I was desperately working out where I'd store it! :)

hugabuga
12-06-2013, 07:20 PM
I was also watching and bidding for this car here from Portugal, that would be just perfect to complete my "naked" test car I bought 3 month ago from Honda delalership in France!
When I asked them for more details of the car prior to bid, here's what they answered me:

"Vehicle is 5spd man fwd.
engine will manually turn
interior is complete. black leather
we have keys for vehicle
Airbags are not deployed.
vehicle will likely go for more than £2000
Please remember we will remove the bulkhead and floor prior to removal as vehicle is for parts only"

I ended up offering them 4000£..but now I understand why they didn't sell it to me :)
Anyway, 10K is way too high considering there is no papers, engine is probably not running, and steering wheel on the wrong side of the car :)... so no regrets for me

Silver Surfer
12-06-2013, 07:46 PM
It wasn't me!....
it must be someone who has spare body panels... Maybe someone who going wide body ??

SS

soddy
12-06-2013, 08:24 PM
bit of t-cut sort that out lol. :)

nobby
12-06-2013, 08:56 PM
With that info perhaps not worth 10k ... But there are some very good salvageable parts from that car and will fetch good money if/when needed.

I was also watching and bidding for this car here from Portugal, that would be just perfect to complete my "naked" test car I bought 3 month ago from Honda delalership in France!
When I asked them for more details of the car prior to bid, here's what they answered me:

"Vehicle is 5spd man fwd.
engine will manually turn
interior is complete. black leather
we have keys for vehicle
Airbags are not deployed.
vehicle will likely go for more than £2000
Please remember we will remove the bulkhead and floor prior to removal as vehicle is for parts only"

I ended up offering them 4000£..but now I understand why they didn't sell it to me :)
Anyway, 10K is way too high considering there is no papers, engine is probably not running, and steering wheel on the wrong side of the car :)... so no regrets for me

nigel
12-06-2013, 11:13 PM
If it's a breaker maybe now i''ll finally get my rear fog light system and the rest of my headlight washer system.

Cheers
nigel

AR
13-06-2013, 01:03 AM
I'm amazed some of us were watching/bidding and didn't post a link on the forum! Some things are meant to be kept quiet?! I guess we're growing up!

Don't be there are a lot of things that are kept quiet on this "open" community.

drmikey
13-06-2013, 06:51 AM
Seems a lot given that its obviously a cat a or b and therefore cannot be put back on the road.

Good value if you have a bare car and need to rebuild but for a dealer to buy and sell the parts from, they will be there for a very long time selling parts just to get your money back.