PDA

View Full Version : Embarassingly stupid Q: removing targa :-o

goldtop
13-06-2013, 11:39 AM
OK, in my defence, I don't have the owner's manual, the NSX Wiki online manual is for an early coupe, I'm at work with the car 10 miles away, and I can't remember much apart from there being a lever at each side.

So, with that pathetic preamble done...

What's the correct process for fitting and storing the targa panel? Is it so idiot proof that I'll get it right first time?

TIA! :)

(I did search here, and on Prime and on YT, honest!)

Problem Child
13-06-2013, 12:27 PM
OK, in my defence, I don't have the owner's manual, the NSX Wiki online manual is for an early coupe, I'm at work with the car 10 miles away, and I can't remember much apart from there being a lever at each side.

So, with that pathetic preamble done...

What's the correct process for fitting and storing the targa panel? Is it so idiot proof that I'll get it right first time?

TIA! :)

(I did search here, and on Prime and on YT, honest!)

There is a little lock button you need to press before you release the catches above each door to release the targa top. Storage is in a compartment above the engine bay. Release the catch to open the engine bay. Instead of being able to see into the engine you have a sort of parcel shelf. On the drivers side there is a release catch. Pull that and the parcel shelf can then be lifted to reveal where the targa can be stored (it only fits in one way). The parcel shelf is held up, out of the way by a leather strap and hook as you'll need both hands to manoeuvre the targa into place....simples! Here is a wee vid on You Tube but remember its an Acura so everything is on the wrong side

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTqjTYq2KUE

scottg
13-06-2013, 12:33 PM
Hi Goldtop.
Open the rear glass hatch and release the clam shell cover in preparation to store the roof panel, securing the cover with the webbing strap and push fastener to keep it in the raised position.
Open both doors and release each lever by sliding the locking mechanism along and pulling the lever open (one on each side of the roof. Lift the rear of the roof up and slide back a little and lift clear. Store under clam cover (it only fits one way) and close cover and rear glass hatch. This is possible on your own as not a heavy panel but just be careful that you have a good grip as you lift it clear.

Hope this helps as it is from memory and a year since I had a targa

Scott

goldtop
13-06-2013, 01:06 PM
Thanks guys - if the rain stays away tonight, I'll try it out.

I had found that YT video, but it didn't show as much as I'd hoped from the title. :)

Kaz-kzukNA1
13-06-2013, 01:11 PM
Time to re-visit your old post.
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?11235-NSX-owner-s-handbook&p=103055#post103055

Download the manual if you are allowed to do so from your office.
Browse through P.48 – 55.
Although it is in Japanese, there are lots and lots of diagrams so hope you can understand them by remembering your NSX.

As you can see in the diagram, there are two plugs that you insert at the roof after removing the panel to minimise the wind noise.

Kaz

goldtop
13-06-2013, 02:19 PM
Kaz - Once again, thanks for sharing. I'd completely forgotten about that Japanese manual. :o I did download it, but didn't think to look there.

Good diagrams although I can't quite work out where those plugs are kept (i.e. when the roof is in position). But I can ask my Other Half to translate the relevant parts.