PDA

View Full Version : Group buy on RHD double din center consoles

FunkyNSX
25-06-2013, 09:57 AM
Hi Guys,
I was chatting to Adnan of AS Motorsport and if we can get 10 people interested in RHD double din consoles he could get a mould made up and produce them in carbon fibre and fibreglass.

So if you ever wanted a double din dvd/gps but could'nt bring yourself to cutting up your original console and painting it, this could be the answer.
Let me know if anyones interested.

Ben

FunkyNSX
26-06-2013, 06:41 AM
I've got two people interested already.
Eight to go.
These are very hard to get so if anyones interested get on board.

Sudesh
26-06-2013, 07:45 AM
This has been tried a few times on here, always ended in the same result; not enough takers! Plus you would need to give an idea on price? Also will this include retaining the ashtray? What about the vent for the aspiration? and so on.

Also not all double din choices will fit/look right in the one cutout, so making the fascia in just one size won't work for everyone.

I can make RHD consoles here, looked into doing this a few times, but there just wasn't enough people interested to make it work. Also rather than making a console with a double din slot, it made more sense to leave it blank/full, and let purchasers have the console cut by their own audio installer to suit their specific needs.

FunkyNSX
26-06-2013, 03:31 PM
I think they would be blank.
perfect for gauges aswell
i dont really want to cut and paint my original console.

FunkyNSX
26-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Adnan thinks between 300-390 GBP

NSXGB
26-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Adnan thinks between 300-390 GBP

Just thinking out loud but I seem to remember from one of Kaz's blogs that he ordered a JDM console for someone and commented that it was nowhere near the crazy HUK prices. Have you tried to source directly from Japan? Obviously a factory one will fit perfectly whereas a FRP copy is never going to cut it for quality, fitting, etc. You would need to fill in the existing cut-outs for the radio but that's not too bad.

Kaz-kzukNA1
27-06-2013, 09:52 AM
Just noticed this post.

Personally, for any centre console modifications, it is best if you can consider the balance/matching for the rest of the cabin panels such as the centre vent and the two door switch panels.

There are lots and lots of different finish, plating method, colour used depending on the year model and country spec so one needs to be very careful when ordering any replacement parts or creating aftermarket ones.

There is also some mistakes in the European parts system in this area so if you just type in the year model or even the VIN and order the parts, you will receive the wrong colour/finish for a certain parts.

Kaz