PDA

View Full Version : Recommended bodyshop in South East

lotusolly
07-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Due to a van driver deciding to switch lane on a roundabout into the space I was stationary in, I now have a dent in my drivers door and o/s/f wing :(

Thankfully no major damage but guess its probably going to need a new door( can't see a skin listed seperatly on the parts list) and wing. Given this is probably going to involve paintwork to half the car I am looking to pay the extra and get a complete respray to tidy up some other small marks and eliminate any arguments when the colour doesn't quite match.

Can anybody recommend a bodyshop who knows how to take apart and reassemble an NSX properly and not just going to stick everything back together with mastic!

Was trying to remember the user name for the chap who rebuilt Ary's old Imola car and the garage name that carried the work out as they seemed to have carried out a thorough job although did anybody get to see the finished result first hand?

Was also thinking of Plans motorsport or if anybody has someone else they would trust with their pride and joy?

Thanks

Olly

NSXGB
07-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Due to a van driver deciding to switch lane on a roundabout into the space I was stationary in, I now have a dent in my drivers door and o/s/f wing :(

Thankfully no major damage but guess its probably going to need a new door( can't see a skin listed seperatly on the parts list) and wing. Given this is probably going to involve paintwork to half the car I am looking to pay the extra and get a complete respray to tidy up some other small marks and eliminate any arguments when the colour doesn't quite match.

Can anybody recommend a bodyshop who knows how to take apart and reassemble an NSX properly and not just going to stick everything back together with mastic!

Was trying to remember the user name for the chap who rebuilt Ary's old Imola car and the garage name that carried the work out as they seemed to have carried out a thorough job although did anybody get to see the finished result first hand?

Was also thinking of Plans motorsport or if anybody has someone else they would trust with their pride and joy?

Thanks

Olly

Sorry to hear that Steve.

It was DannyBoy that rebuilt Ary's old IOP, the guys he used are local too. He sent me the contact details but I can't find them now, drop him a PM.

Other than that, SL Restorations on Crawley industrial estate have a very good rep and do loads of high end cars. A few of my mates have had work done there recently and are fussy! Not sure if they've done a NSX before.

Plans Motorsport use another company called something like 355 Classics (could be way off!)

L696ULO
07-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Here are their details from Dannyboys thread in the NSX builds forum

Just found J&M`s details - Jamie 07851 834644, Mark 07866 565683

As mentioned, theu have no website, but are in the unusual position of having a waiting list for work so don`t feel they need one!!!!

Nice guys though, and really know their stuff.

Senninha
07-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Pm replied, hope the info helps,

rgds Paul

lotusolly
08-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

Tried J&M's today, apparently it is only J now and although interested in doing the work he's booked up into next year! Will try and make some more enquiries tomorrow.

Spoke to the company responsible for the van today and the director is talking about dealing with this outside of the insurance company as they have a big fleet policy.
Looked at Lings prices and found that a door is £3,900, and a wing is £2,400! Expressed this to the director and suggested that with the appropriate standard of paintwork, the total bill could be £8-10K and he still didn't seem phased! Hate to think what his policy must cost to not want to put that through!!

Does anybody know how this goes with insurance companies if I delay informing my insurers now and then he decides to not pay?

Olly

NSX 2000
08-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Sorry to hear that Steve.

It was DannyBoy that rebuilt Ary's old IOP, the guys he used are local too. He sent me the contact details but I can't find them now, drop him a PM.

Other than that, SL Restorations on Crawley industrial estate have a very good rep and do loads of high end cars. A few of my mates have had work done there recently and are fussy! Not sure if they've done a NSX before.

Plans Motorsport use another company called something le 355 Classics (could be way off!)

I would recommend this mob as well, as I've seen a couple of NSX's in there when I've been at Plans. (I thought they were called 365) but just google it, body shop Dunsfold.

Tried J&M's today, apparently it is only J now and although interested in doing the work he's booked up into next year! Will try and make some more enquiries tomorrow.

Spoke to the company responsible for the van today and the director is talking about dealing with this outside of the insurance company as they have a big fleet policy.
Looked at Lings prices and found that a door is £3,900, and a wing is £2,400! Expressed this to the director and suggested that with the appropriate standard of paintwork, the total bill could be £8-10K and he still didn't seem phased! Hate to think what his policy must cost to not want to put that through!!

Does anybody know how this goes with insurance companies if I delay informing my insurers now and then he decides to not pay?

Olly

When somebody I new reversed into my................................................ .................................................. ..............wait for it................................................ .......................................car with ali bonnet

.................................................. ......OK TT, he just got his company to pay, so I sent him the quote I got him to instruct the body shop to do the works and arrange payment. Never told the insurance company. What they don't know can't hurt them ;)

lotusolly
08-07-2013, 09:44 PM
I would recommend this mob as well, as I've seen a couple of NSX's in there when I've been at Plans. (I thought they were called 365) but just google it, body shop Dunsfold.

When somebody I new reversed into my................................................ .................................................. ..............wait for it................................................ .......................................car with ali bonnet

.................................................. ......OK TT, he just got his company to pay, so I sent him the quote I got him to instruct the body shop to do the works and arrange payment. Never told the insurance company. What they don't know can't hurt them ;)

Thanks Paul, My concern with the insurance though is, If I don't tell them about the accident and then in a months time the company decides not to pay, can my insurance then decline a claim by me because I haven't informed them within reasonable time of the incident?

Olly

Senninha
08-07-2013, 09:47 PM
You can justify a week at least as time to get quotes / info together, but I would suggest a Police RTA number to cover yourself in the short term

nobby
09-07-2013, 10:24 AM
If you contact ur insurance company they will add it as an accident to your file regardless of blame. This happened me when I thought I was doin the right thing and informing them ... Big mistake! My premium was affected and NOT even my fault. :(

by sounds of it, this seems a legit company, but as Paul says give the fuzz a shout too.

NSXGB
09-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Make sure he's paying for the whole paint job then, after all it's not your fault that the whole car will need painting.
Make sure you get a quote from S L Restorations.
Hope it will be finished for you by the SSC.

Olly

lotusolly
09-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Took the car to S L restorations today for a quote. Seemed a very professional looking outfit with the workshop resembling an operating theatre.
Must be busy though as he told me not to expect the quote until the end of next week.
Opinion seems to be that it would not be possible to get an exact match with the 4 stage pearl paint and that with a car on a classic policy the insurance can be persuaded that only a complete respray is acceptable which is reassuring.

Getting a repair carried out before SSC is highly unlikely. Will still look to attend but probably not bring the NSX.

Olly

Make sure he's paying for the whole paint job then, after all it's not your fault that the whole car will need painting.
Make sure you get a quote from S L Restorations.
Hope it will be finished for you by the SSC.