PDA

View Full Version : Next NSX in AutoExpress

Senninha
16-03-2006, 08:32 AM
'Next NSX targetting Ferrari' is the heading above a picture of a prototype that looks like the Veyron's offspring :?

There appears to be little evidence of any NSX signatures in the styling :(

The article says that the new NSX, due in 2009, will have a high revving V10 with 500bhp, out on the road via the SH-AWD system. It also says that Honda engineers are evaluating front and mid-engined layouts.

Oh, and it also says it is likely to cost £90,000 :!:

regards

Mr_Spanners
16-03-2006, 12:30 PM
Sounds like a quiet news week to me... the mags often find photoshopped images on the web and then write something fancyful to go with it .... it fills a few column inches I suppose!!! :roll:

~Phil.

Nick Graves
18-03-2006, 02:08 PM
They must be desperate to dig out this old Honda news.

Apparently, AMS is full of it too, plus CR-Vs & S2000s over in Germany.

I do wish they'd stop describing it as the 'new NSX', it isn't.

It may be an NSX replacement as the Acura flagship, which is an entirely different matter.

Nick Graves
18-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Honda looking to build new Japan plant

Reuters / March 11, 2006 - 11:00 am

TOKYO -- Honda Motor Co. is looking to build a new domestic plant -- its first in 30 years -- mainly to manufacture advanced powertrains as it aims to raise the fuel economy of its cars, a spokesman said on Saturday.

He said no other details, including the investment amount or whether the factory would make only engines or cars as well, have been decided.

Clean diesel engines, hybrid systems and the new VTEC engine, which features fuel efficiency and power, are all under consideration, he added.

The Nihon Keizai business daily reported on Saturday that Honda would start manufacturing advanced fuel-efficient engines as early as 2008, spending an estimated 30 billion yen ($250 million) on initial investment, including to purchase land, most likely in Saitama, near Tokyo.

Japan's third-biggest automaker plans to initially set up production lines for its new VTEC engine and for V-10 engines to be mounted on its planned new sports cars, the paper said.

At full capacity, the plant is expected to crank out around 200,000 engines a year, it added.

Honda is also considering production lines at the plant for gasoline-electric hybrid systems and for assembling cars. The plant would take over some car production from other factories, leaving Honda's overall production capacity in Japan at 1.2 million units a year, the paper said.

Mr_Spanners
18-03-2006, 08:00 PM
the plant is expected to crank out around 200,000 engines a year.

That's got to be the WORST pun I've ever heard!!! :shock: :D

~Phil.