PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Fan.....help!

mjames75
31-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Hi all,

Desperately need a radiator fan, without motor or with, ideally before Saturday, can collect asap!

cheers,

Mike

NSXGB
01-08-2013, 06:08 AM
There is one on eBay. Seller is s2kvgs, he is pretty good, unfortunately he is in Cannock but I'm sure would overnight it for you.
PM me if you need his email address to deal direct.

mjames75
01-08-2013, 07:41 AM
There is one on eBay. Seller is s2kvgs, he is pretty good, unfortunately he is in Cannock but I'm sure would overnight it for you.
PM me if you need his email address to deal direct.

Cheers,

I know he's gone on Holiday but called him just and he's back! should be sorted now.

Thanks,

Mike

scottg
01-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Cheers,

I know he's gone on Holiday but called him just and he's back! should be sorted now.

Thanks,

Mike

Can you pm me his contact number as I purchased the alternator he advertised 2 weeks ago and desperately need it sent over night now he is back. Have e mailed as I don't have a number but no response

Kaz-kzukNA1
01-08-2013, 09:17 AM
Hi, Mike.

Not sure the story behind the broken radiator fan as it’s fairly robust parts but if the worst comes and if you still own two or three NSX, then you could transfer the known good one from another NSX for the time being unless you are planning to drive all of them at the same time.

Rad fan is only effective if your car speed is not fast enough to pass required amount of air through the radiator core.
If you are down to one NSX, then that’s another story and I hope you can get the replacement in time.

Kaz

mjames75
01-08-2013, 12:11 PM
Scott, will PM you.

Hi Kaz, I have my Imola car with me at the moment so no access to the other NSX, I was cleaning the front compartment and took out the spare wheel and noticed the fan had actually fallen forward out of the shroud, furthur investigation showed the fan had come off the motor, the plastic fan part had separated from the metal centre part of the fan, for now I have bonded it in, not sure what caused it to separate from the shroud which is no good, but I sourced another shroud.
My theory is, the car being very low miles was parked up alot and not driven, previous owners may have started it and left it running in the garage causing the fan to run for much longer times as air is not passed through the radiator....another reason to drive them and not start them up weekly!.......

NSXGB
01-08-2013, 01:25 PM
Scott, will PM you.

Hi Kaz, I have my Imola car with me at the moment so no access to the other NSX, I was cleaning the front compartment and took out the spare wheel and noticed the fan had actually fallen forward out of the shroud, furthur investigation showed the fan had come off the motor, the plastic fan part had separated from the metal centre part of the fan, for now I have bonded it in, not sure what caused it to separate from the shroud which is no good, but I sourced another shroud.
My theory is, the car being very low miles was parked up alot and not driven, previous owners may have started it and left it running in the garage causing the fan to run for much longer times as air is not passed through the radiator....another reason to drive them and not start them up weekly!.......

Looking at the parts diagram, the fan looks to be bolted on (and is available separately to the motor)...are you sure the nut has not just come off?

mjames75
01-08-2013, 01:54 PM
Looking at the parts diagram, the fan looks to be bolted on (and is available separately to the motor)...are you sure the nut has not just come off?

The fan is bolted onto the motor via a metal insert central to the fan blades, the metal has come away from the plastic, leaving just the centre of the fan on the motor! I have ordered the fan alone to be replaced....

nigel
04-08-2013, 02:34 AM
Any chance Dirk could help with one?
I'm sure he has some laying about.

Cheers
nigel

mjames75
04-08-2013, 04:32 PM
Any chance Dirk could help with one?
I'm sure he has some laying about.

Cheers
nigel