PDA

View Full Version : New Civic Type R

b1gbrad
16-08-2013, 08:10 AM
"The hotly anticipated new Civic Type R is targeted to be the fastest front-wheel-drive car around the Nurburgring and testing of the car began at the track this week. "

As well as the the CTR here's some history and philosophy of the Type R, so the NSX gets a few mentions...

http://www.myjourneys.com/typer/welcome?lang=en

havoc
16-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Which f**kwit has put photos of a USDM DC2 running EK9 alloys against DC5 specs, and called it '2nd gen Integra Type R'???

Worse, it looks like an official Honda page. Are they really THAT disinterested in their heritage???

(Oh, and "Ivory White"?!? I'm PRETTY sure that it's been called Championship White since before I'd even heard of it...)
Edit: Looks like Ivory White was applied to the original racing colour...Champ White has been the road-car colour-name since NA1-R.

Sonic
02-09-2013, 07:42 PM
I'm not totally sold on the look's of the new civic but i'm intrigued to see how the new type R are turns out. Also keen to see if it will be a true hardcore Type R or a slighty more broader appealing, watered down version. Based on the past if the Japanese are developing it should turn out to be quite a weapon. They have definitely set themselves a gauntlet by aiming to break the fwd ring record!

havoc
02-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Interesting...looks like they read my (blunt! ;) ) F'book post and amended their website...

Problem Child
03-09-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm not totally sold on the look's of the new civic but i'm intrigued to see how the new type R are turns out. Also keen to see if it will be a true hardcore Type R or a slighty more broader appealing, watered down version. Based on the past if the Japanese are developing it should turn out to be quite a weapon. They have definitely set themselves a gauntlet by aiming to break the fwd ring record!

BIG fan of the Civic Type R. Had a 2007 model and it was one of the ebst cars I have ever had. Only disappointments about the new one are that HUK wont confirm release dates and that it has 4 doors