PDA

View Full Version : More new owner questions!

Rockstarscars
20-08-2013, 09:18 PM
Hi All,
I'm anewbie to the NSX and your forum, so please be gentle with me and be patientwith my stupid questions over the coming weeks!

I'm not a stranger to car forums though, I am a member of the Jensen ownersclub forum, so used to asking technical questions of perfect strangers, andunderstand what a small world we are all in in terms of the rarity of of ourcars.

I'm currently looking at either an NSX or a 993 turbo, but am veering towardsthe NSX, as the 2 previous Hondas I've owned have turned out to be the the bestcars I've ever owned..

2004 S2000GT ( bought new, and only sold because we had our 1st born and wecouldn't turn the airbag off ) been in 911s since, but the S2000 was betterthan both Porsches...

2006 Accord 2.2cd sport estate, ( sold because I am an idiot and had a mad planabout replacing an utterly reliable and fast, modern honda with 2 classicMercedes, that's another story that 1/2 worked out... although now greatfriends still with its new owner that I wouldn't have met without selling /trading it for an SL500 )

I'm looking at a 6 speed, and not fussy about facelift, would love a targa butI think that might be a rarity too far, and would prefer a 3.2.

This will be controversial, and I don't want to offend anyone, but I'm not agreat lover of red cars, not even on Ferraris, or green ( more superstitiousafter a bend !) but I do like black, silver, blue,and could at a push live with imola orange..

There seem to be a few cars for sale at the moment ( in NSX terms ) but 2 areon VCAR and i believe one had been smashed at Castle Combe? Does anyone knowthese cars, and as they are alloy, so I'm a tad cautious about whether repairshave been carried out to a good standard.
NB I drove the Orange car tonight and it seemed tight,but with very little power below 3k revs, and the tickover was lumpy..

Having bought cars that have been bent before and repaired, I'm not necessarilyagainst them, especially as I'm after long term ownership, but just need toensure work quality, and therefore safety. ( especially as I will take my otherhalf and my kids in it )

Any help, particularly with cars coming up for sale, or on the blue or orangecar would be grateful, either on the forum, or pm etc...

Nb will sort an avatar pic when I work out how to!

Thanks, and apologies for the length of my first post..

Kieron

NSX 2000
20-08-2013, 09:53 PM
The 3.2 litre cars only come with the 6 speed gearbox, and the 3.0 litre cars come with either 5 speed or Auto.

The Blue one you talk of was owned by a member on here and if you search castle combe you should find the posts and the user.

HTH Paul

nigel
20-08-2013, 11:17 PM
Welcome mate.
GPW is of course the fastest and best looking NSX but the blue is a nice colour as well.

Cheers
nigel

Rockstarscars
21-08-2013, 06:57 AM
Thanks for your help so far....
as I'm looking at a deprection(ish) free car... ( and im looking to keep indefinitely and use as a daily car) Does this rule out facelift cars, or does the concencus think NSX depreciation is done on all models?

NSXGB
21-08-2013, 08:08 AM
Thanks for your help so far....
as I'm looking at a deprection(ish) free car... ( and im looking to keep indefinitely and use as a daily car) Does this rule out facelift cars, or does the concencus think NSX depreciation is done on all models?

Why would depreciation matter if you are keeping it indefinitely?

From what you have said my opinion would be that if you get the 'Orange one' checked out repair wise (looks great from the work DannyBoy put in - have you seen the web page?), it would be an ideal purchase for you...

Rockstarscars
21-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Depreciation shouldn't matter if it's a keeper, but there's always a change in circumstances,( hence my reason for getting rid of my beautiful S2000 )

People have told me about the web page, but I can't seem to find it online, so I don't know how badly is was smashed. Looking at it, it looks like front and rear?

NSXGB
21-08-2013, 10:37 AM
Depreciation shouldn't matter if it's a keeper, but there's always a change in circumstances,( hence my reason for getting rid of my beautiful S2000 )

People have told me about the web page, but I can't seem to find it online, so I don't know how badly is was smashed. Looking at it, it looks like front and rear?

www.bullswood.co.uk/nsx.html (http://www.bullswood.co.uk/nsx.html)

Rockstarscars
21-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Great thanks, I've emailed Danny...

Rockstarscars
21-08-2013, 07:21 PM
does anyone know this car please? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-NSX-3-2-V6-2003-53-/181161089894?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a2e0adb66 ( yes I know its red!!!! )

Senninha
21-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Hi Kieron, welcome to NSXCB

both the cars you refer to we're well maintained and in Great condition prior to their history. Of the two, I believe the Imola to have been most effectively refreshed. For those that know, the Blue might need a similar level of tlc.

from your history of ownership I suspect you know what you are looking for and wish you luck finding the right NSX for you. Just be warned, they are addictive, and so are subtle mods that will personalise to your lifestyle.

regards, Paul

re above post .... Ex Honda car shipped to Ireland rings a bell; light frontal damage could of been repaired better I'm told .... As for the red, you could change that with wrap, plastidip or paint ....

goldtop
21-08-2013, 09:47 PM
does anyone know this car please? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-NSX-3-2-V6-2003-53-/181161089894?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item2a2e0adb66 ( yes I know its red!!!! )

Fellow forumite - mjames75 - had Honda (I think it was) do a pre-purchase report on EDZ7272. There was a long list of issues and when he saw it he wasn't impressed. Don't think he drove it. There's a thread somewhere hereabouts. Of the 3 crashed ones currently for sale, it's potentially the most interesting IMHO ( but that's in the absence of actual knowledge of how well any of them have been repaired).

Danny's old car... my 2p's worth: for all the work the thread and his website shows, I REALLY wanted to see detailed photos of the previous repair, and ideally someone like Kaz/Sudesh/etc would have weighed in and said something like "yup, at last, here's one that's been repaired properly to Honda's body repair manual" (which would have meant that it would have cost a fortune). As it was, the bodywork and paintwork thread left me feeling uninformed on the most important bit. But that's just me - I have little clue about repair work on steel-bodied cars, and am way out of my depth on aluminium monocoques.

The feeling on the blue one was that the official cost of repair was £30k, and if there's a bill for that sort of amount, then perhaps it's been done right.

(As you can tell, I've struggled with the idea of a repaired car, and in the end I bit the bullet, paid more and bought an uncrashed one. Well, two, actually!)

TheSebringOne
21-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Welcome & good luck in your search. Hopefully it won't be a too long!

May be the orange (IOP) one you tested just needs a service?

nobby
22-08-2013, 08:02 AM
I knew the car prior to leaving NORTHERN IRELAND. She was a reg cat D (led to believe) but she was in good order prior to leaving here. I knew the owner and car personally.

However since its trip to Blighty things seem to have gone a bit bonkers with this car as Goldtop has highlighted

Fellow forumite - mjames75 - had Honda (I think it was) do a pre-purchase report on EDZ7272. There was a long list of issues and when he saw it he wasn't impressed. Don't think he drove it. There's a thread somewhere hereabouts. Of the 3 crashed ones currently for sale, it's potentially the most interesting IMHO ( but that's in the absence of actual knowledge of how well any of them have been repaired).

Danny's old car... my 2p's worth: for all the work the thread and his website shows, I REALLY wanted to see detailed photos of the previous repair, and ideally someone like Kaz/Sudesh/etc would have weighed in and said something like "yup, at last, here's one that's been repaired properly to Honda's body repair manual" (which would have meant that it would have cost a fortune). As it was, the bodywork and paintwork thread left me feeling uninformed on the most important bit. But that's just me - I have little clue about repair work on steel-bodied cars, and am way out of my depth on aluminium monocoques.

The feeling on the blue one was that the official cost of repair was £30k, and if there's a bill for that sort of amount, then perhaps it's been done right.

(As you can tell, I've struggled with the idea of a repaired car, and in the end I bit the bullet, paid more and bought an uncrashed one. Well, two, actually!)

Rockstarscars
29-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Hi All..I've bought one!!! And its Red!!!! I'll try and add an image later, as Its probably me doing something wrong!! she's a Red NA1 Targa manual with Tan Leather...

L696ULO
29-09-2013, 01:32 PM
Congratulations, get ready for the usual best colour banter that goes with the NSX owning territory! Just to start the ball rolling and being bias red is the best colour.

Look forward to seeing you and your NSX at any casual meets or the organised events.

Rich

scottg
29-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Hi All..I've bought one!!! And its Red!!!! I'll try and add an image later, as Its probably me doing something wrong!! she's a Red NA1 Targa manual with Tan Leather...

Well done, I guess it was the one posted buy a forum member a few weeks ago?

goldtop
29-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Congrats on joining the club. :) That one didn't hang about very long.

Senninha
29-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Well done, I guess it was the one posted buy a forum member a few weeks ago?

I'd agree, Shawnsx5 is showing as sold so 2 + 2 = happy new owner ...

Nick Graves
30-09-2013, 12:27 PM
Congrats!

BTW, red was probably my least favourite choice. Then I bought a red one...

I actually rather like it now.

howellr
01-10-2013, 11:09 AM
Welcome to the club where people ogle at you because of the car you drive.