PDA

View Full Version : Shipment of large parts from states

lotusolly
27-09-2013, 06:39 PM
I will be placing an order with S.O.S. next week for some large parts.

If anybody wants some large items shipped that don't fit inside the cheaper size shipping cartons (ie front bumper spoiler)then I am happy to look at including them in with my parts.

Olly

lotusolly
01-10-2013, 04:59 PM
I am ordering the downforce type r underbody carbon aero parts from SOS and Sennina has kindly offered for his aluminium undertray to be measured for some to be laser cut in the UK.
Another member has also requested a underbody kit.
If anybody else is interested then I can see if SOS will do a better price on the parts but with the cost of shipping parts this size so high, this should be working out around half the price of ordering a complete kit and shipping on its own.
I will be confirming the order by the end of the week so if anyone else is interested then let me know.

Olly

Senninha
02-10-2013, 09:49 PM
would you mind asking if they can include one of these in the box please .... http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Shine/Type-1/

BTW, possibility I'll be taking the parts off this weekend sowill let you know on the tray

regards, Paul

nobby
03-10-2013, 07:01 AM
i would be interested in piggy-backing along with this shipment if I could include the Downforce 02 Style Sports Rear Valence
I have contacted SOS by email to see if in stock if no reply I will ring them tonight ... sometimes handier to phone them!

That is a most gracious offer ... I appreciate i will have to get this posted out to me from blightly but happy to pay for that if you are OK to post on for me?

Interested in the potential undertray service provided by Paul but I assume you need to order the df type r underbody kit as well for this to work?

Let me know if above is OK and if i need the front piece also ... i guess missing out on this might be a bit futile

damn these ideas! :)

Mark N
03-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Nobby
If you are going to contact SOS tonight i am also considering getting the Downforce 02 Style Sports Rear Valence could you find out how many they have in stock.

Many thanks
Mark

nobby
03-10-2013, 12:41 PM
PM sent Mark

:)

Nobby
If you are going to contact SOS tonight i am also considering getting the Downforce 02 Style Sports Rear Valence could you find out how many they have in stock.

Many thanks
Mark

lotusolly
03-10-2013, 05:56 PM
i would be interested in piggy-backing along with this shipment if I could include the Downforce 02 Style Sports Rear Valence
I have contacted SOS by email to see if in stock if no reply I will ring them tonight ... sometimes handier to phone them!

That is a most gracious offer ... I appreciate i will have to get this posted out to me from blightly but happy to pay for that if you are OK to post on for me?

Interested in the potential undertray service provided by Paul but I assume you need to order the df type r underbody kit as well for this to work?

Let me know if above is OK and if i need the front piece also ... i guess missing out on this might be a bit futile

damn these ideas! :)

It is my intention to order a rear valance as well. SOS have said that all the downforce parts would be sent directly from downforce so I am guessing that SOS do not hold stock.
When I first enquired last week I was told that downforce had a rear valance and the front bumper undertray in stock but the rear underbody diffuser would have to be made with a lead time of 2-3 weeks.

The estimated shipping cost for a rear valance, front undertray and rear diffuser was $825!!

Undertrays would fit inside the rear valance for packaging purposes but I don't know how well rear valances would be able to stack to avoid damage and all fit in one box.

I'm guessing that if all the parts can go in the same box, the shipping price wouldn't change as weight is not going to be an issue.

Nobby, I have no problems with sending it back out to you but you may want to try and get a quote for the cost as the size seems to make it expensive.
For the undertrays I am going to get the aluminium one laser cut from the measurements of Paul's one but you would really want to get the other 2 bits from downforce with this order to keep the shipping costs down.

I will contact SOS and ask if 3 valance's can be shipped together and see if we can get a better price but I do need to order my parts on Friday so please confirm if you want the parts before then.

Olly

lotusolly
03-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Nobby

Many thanks
Mark

Mark

I will see if they can ship 3 together as previous post

Olly

lotusolly
03-10-2013, 06:00 PM
would you mind asking if they can include one of these in the box please .... http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/exterior_performance_products/NSX/Shine/Type-1/

BTW, possibility I'll be taking the parts off this weekend sowill let you know on the tray

regards, Paul

No problem Paul, I will get it added

Olly

nobby
03-10-2013, 06:24 PM
Hi Olly

tried pm'ing you there, your mailbox is full

Mark asked me to phone about the rear valance, as i offered to phone SOS. i spoke to Jeff (SOS) there about an hr ago they dont keep any body components at their place in phoenix but he did say it would be a week from order from downforce on these.

I would be happy to piggy back on your order for the rear valance and the front undertray for the bumper.
also would be happy to go with you in getting the trays cut as per paul's measurements if you dont mind?

can you give me a rough guide to the dimensions of the packaging so i can get a quote from sussex to here?

let me know any more info

if you need to contact me send me a PM with your number (or vice versa) to chat re this and confirm payment details etc

regards

andrew

NSXGB
03-10-2013, 07:12 PM
If it's going to cost that much to ship, make sure they fill the customs declaration out properly. You don't want them to include the shipping cost in the item value as you will pay tax & duty on that too, as other US vendors have done to me in the past.

lotusolly
03-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Hi Andrew,

Mailbox cleaned and PM sent

Regards

Olly
Hi Olly

tried pm'ing you there, your mailbox is full

Mark asked me to phone about the rear valance, as i offered to phone SOS. i spoke to Jeff (SOS) there about an hr ago they dont keep any body components at their place in phoenix but he did say it would be a week from order from downforce on these.

I would be happy to piggy back on your order for the rear valance and the front undertray for the bumper.
also would be happy to go with you in getting the trays cut as per paul's measurements if you dont mind?

can you give me a rough guide to the dimensions of the packaging so i can get a quote from sussex to here?

let me know any more info

if you need to contact me send me a PM with your number (or vice versa) to chat re this and confirm payment details etc

regards

andrew

goldtop
04-10-2013, 08:43 AM
If it's going to cost that much to ship, make sure they fill the customs declaration out properly. You don't want them to include the shipping cost in the item value as you will pay tax & duty on that too, as other US vendors have done to me in the past.

Alas, legally, you have to pay VAT on the shipping cost in any case. :( If you manage to avoid it, it's because of clerical error on the part of the sender doing the paperwork or the courier/Customs clearance people.

BTW, if there's no shipping cost showing at Customs clearance (due to that clerical error thing), they will use a typical full tariff figure (much higher than a negotiated and discounted shipping cost) and it's a PITA to try to claim the excess VAT back. (Ask me how I know...!)

Hagasan
06-10-2013, 12:56 PM
Hi Olly, I've been away a few weeks. I replied to your PM to me....Did you get mine from yesterday? Cheers, Gary

lotusolly
11-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Hi Mark,

Could you please PM me with some direct contact details.

Many thanks

Olly
Nobby

Many thanks
Mark

Senninha
18-10-2013, 05:30 PM
Update on timngs ... helps with planning other stuff.

Any idea when you guys will want the battery undertray and for how long?

lotusolly
19-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Hi Paul,

Gary has a contact who is offering a better discount on the Downforce parts than SOS so just trying to finalise shipping at min, but they can still supply the shine spoiler at the same price also.
It would be great to have access to the undertray ASAP but its fine to work around your plans. I can come to you and draw up the measurements so I wouldn't need to take it away but if you are not using it, it would be more helpful to take it away for reference when the guys are making the new one's. I would have thought it would take about 2 weeks from collecting to the new trays being made. I could then deliver it back to you with your spoiler if that ties in with your plans?

Olly

With re
Update on timngs ... helps with planning other stuff.

Any idea when you guys will want the battery undertray and for how long?