PDA

View Full Version : carpet dye

mutley
24-01-2014, 08:43 PM
Hi all,

Has anyone trued to dye their carpet? ( I`m thunking sudesh did?)

Im in the process of stipping my car out and redoing all the interior, and instead of doing little bits here and there i may as well do it all in one go. My interior carpet has seen better days but i think it woyld be easier to clean and dye rather than strip and re carpet.

Ill start a thread in the build section once i get started, its going to be a complete overhall.

Cheers

Jim

soddy
25-01-2014, 02:10 AM
hi jim

yes sudesh would be the man to chat too about this, he has talked about doing it with some of the cars with guys on here in some of the forum posts.
ask andrew, nobby, as he might have re dyed his yellow nsx's carpet, can't remember, but andrew can advise you.

goldtop
25-01-2014, 11:39 AM
I now have the car that Sudesh did; it's in the refresh thread, I think. It had tan/cream carpet and is now black. I think he also had some small plastic trim bits to change with black parts.

FWIW, I wish he hadn't (or rather that the previous owner hadn't asked for it) but that's life. :)

mutley
25-01-2014, 11:53 AM
I now have the car that Sudesh did; it's in the refresh thread, I think. It had tan/cream carpet and is now black. I think he also had some small plastic trim bits to change with black parts.

FWIW, I wish he hadn't (or rather that the previous owner hadn't asked for it) but that's life. :)

Fair enough, going from tan to black is a pretty drastic change, but for me ,I have dark grey carpet thatvis looking pretty shabby and stained, so changing it to black wouldn't be that big a change.

Jim

nobby
25-01-2014, 12:28 PM
If I remember correctly the reason why Sudesh done that particular carpet in that way was due to the original condition of the tan carpet. I believe he tried to refresh it but was not having success. I could be wrong but perhaps the main man might appear on and state why. I remember seeing the transformation and I remember it looking a lot cleaner and tidier.

My 'shed' has a tan leather interior and I have black matts in it and IMHO it just helps lift

And for information I have not included any yellow trim/materials into the interior of my car. I am very fortunate that the original carpet and NSX matts are in excellent/original condition and doing my best to maintain this

WhyOne?
25-01-2014, 03:12 PM
I am reasonably sure Simon (NSXGB) has dyed NSX carpets.

NSXGB
25-01-2014, 10:45 PM
Yes, you can buy the dye on eBay. Just had a look in the garage at the label for you but its unreadable now. Still got about half a gallon left.

Should be easy enough to track some down on eBay though.

mutley
26-01-2014, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=NSXGB;106597]Yes, you can buy the dye on eBay. Just had a look in the garage at the label for you but its unreadable now. Still got about half a gallon left.

Should be easy enough to track some down on eBay though.[/QUOTEYeah I've had a look, seems to be plenty out there and pretty cheap too, not sure what's the best though.

Cheers

Jim