PDA

View Full Version : Honda VS Acura OEM Part Codes

Tokyo-Joe
28-01-2014, 02:12 PM
Hi all,

If I purchase an Acura part that matches the Honda part number from a supplier in the states will that ensure it is compatible on my Honda? I would assume yes as the part numbers are very specific but I just wanted to ask!

Thanks for your help :)

Joe

Kaz-kzukNA1
28-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Parts No. is parts specific and not brand, country or dealer channel oriented.
As long as it’s exactly the same parts no., the item inside the box/bag/etc is the same regardless of where you source it from.
You can buy Honda/Acura OEM parts from aftermarket parts companies and it will be the same story as long as the parts no. is the same.

You just need to be careful about the fact that the VIN format, year model concept, introduction timing of OBD2, local regulation, etc are not exactly the same around the world or among the different country models.

A certain parts used on your NSX is not necessarily the same on the other NSX with the same year model but different country spec and vice versa.
You need to confirm it through the parts system based on the VIN that can recognise each country spec.

Kaz

britlude
28-01-2014, 04:35 PM
parts i've ordered from acura arrive in Honda bags!

UnhuZ
28-01-2014, 05:10 PM
^ this!

all OEM parts, tons of them, that i ordered from US always came in Honda bags.

Nuno

kingsley
28-01-2014, 06:20 PM
I went in to an Acura dealership in Calgary a couple of years ago and the spares manager took me in the spares department when I was looking for a plastic clip for my car....all the bags and boxes were Honda never saw any with Acura on.

Kingsley.

Kaz-kzukNA1
28-01-2014, 08:39 PM
Acura is a brand and division of Honda Motor Co. Ltd so any cars under Acura brand are manufactured by Honda and you will see it on Acura VIN plate.
It’s the same as Lexus at Toyota, Infinity at Nissan, etc.

Not sure about Toyota and Nissan but all of the Honda car parts (HOP) will be labelled as Honda except for the accessories (Honda Access) and also the HAMP parts.
If you simply place the parts order, you will receive HOP.

Kaz

Tokyo-Joe
01-02-2014, 03:34 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys.

Tokyo-Joe
11-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Does anyone know if the OEM NA1 1991 rear discs are the same between Honda and Acura?

britlude
11-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Honda IS acura, acura IS Honda. Only Honda made the NSX, just the Americans put an acura badge on it. A 91 NSX is a 91 NSX! :rolleyes: :D

Tokyo-Joe
11-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Honda IS acura, acura IS Honda. Only Honda made the NSX, just the Americans put an acura badge on it. A 91 NSX is a 91 NSX! :rolleyes: :D

Haha - I concur but as Kaz mentioned above there are regional differences in some of the parts, I suspect the brakes are fine and I will make my order but I was hoping to tap into somebody who has had to replace their rear brakes' experience.

flyingsniffer
11-02-2014, 04:02 PM
TJ, I'm confused or missing something. Find out the part number you need (if necessary, find it on the Lings website, create a basket, lift the part number) and then compare with Acura part nos. If it's the same number, it's the same part.

Or just buy new Centric units from SoS. Certainly cheaper than OEM ("for example, 1991-96 owners save $531 from Acura").

Kaz-kzukNA1
11-02-2014, 05:36 PM
Hi, Tokyo-Joe.
As I am in the middle of installing Windows 8.1 on another PC, only just read your post so hope you can catch this post before placing the order for non-OEM disc......

From the OEM brake disc point of view, there is only 2 different spec for our NSX.
The smaller/early spec and the larger/later one.

If you are looking for the Rear discs with the smaller/early spec (like on your 91 NSX), then just visit your local Honda dealer.
The early model rear disc is probably shared with other Honda models and surprisingly cheap for a NSX parts.
Unless you want the slotted look, just plain disc is enough for the street driving condition.

43251-SL0-010 x 2
Unlike the aftermarket disc that normally comes as a set of two, you need to order 2 discs separately for OEM parts.
Please make sure to specify the last 3 digits as 010.

At the moment, it’s GBP46.19 inc.VAT per disc so even for two discs, it’s still a bargain.

Kaz

Tokyo-Joe
26-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Thanks for all the advice guys, I ended up buying a set from SOS before I read your post Kaz - next time I will know!