PDA

View Full Version : Dali sold?

duncan
03-02-2014, 08:09 PM
From our friends over the water at nsxprime it would appear that Dali may have been sold, see attached thread, post 66 onwards,
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/178074-Dali-Racing-Order
From the posts it suggests redress could be forthcoming for those who have suffered.
Please note my weasel words; 'could', 'may', 'appear' etc etc.
Any commentary on success or lack of it would be useful for the community.
Best of British luck.
Duncan

nobby
03-02-2014, 08:40 PM
As with other members on here, I had no issues with MJ and threw a lot of business his way over the past 4 years.

i actually was in contact with MJ a couple of months ago via email

NO WAY do i condone how he treated customers here and elsewhere and have sympathies for all involved who lost money/got nowhere with him.

I wish the new owner BJ all the very best with the venture and wish him luck getting the Dali Racing brand among the best in NSX circles. Us in the UK need all the resources we can as no support exists with HUK.

i look forward to dealing with him in due course

Rob_Fenn
03-02-2014, 09:47 PM
Surprised he lasted this long, frankly. Always found it frustrating to see people keep saying they used him. We were one of the ones that used him naively in the early days and things all went well, until we made a bigger order and lost money. He's just lucky there's a big sea between me and him!

Hopefully good riddance.

Problem Child
04-02-2014, 09:11 AM
Surprised he lasted this long, frankly. Always found it frustrating to see people keep saying they used him. We were one of the ones that used him naively in the early days and things all went well, until we made a bigger order and lost money. He's just lucky there's a big sea between me and him!

Hopefully good riddance.

I have been emailing him recently about an order I was going to place, but despite my many emails got no response....maybe this explains why. I know he splits opinion here but I have always found Dali to be good

Papalazarou
04-02-2014, 09:54 AM
I think perhaps the greatest problem was that NSXCB refused to do anything about it. If we'd had a feedback area to the vendors section. Perhaps less people would have been stung.
I think this is still something that should be done, but there is no support for this within the mod forum.

Cheers.

NSXGB
04-02-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm surprised that somebody has taken over the 'great' name of Dali Racing, surely it's a bad business move with all the existing bad press on the forums which are surely the target audience for the business?

Just start a parts business offering decent prices and word will travel very fast if you deliver in this environment.

Problem Child
04-02-2014, 08:34 PM
From our friends over the water at nsxprime it would appear that Dali may have been sold, see attached thread, post 66 onwards,
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/178074-Dali-Racing-Order
From the posts it suggests redress could be forthcoming for those who have suffered.
Please note my weasel words; 'could', 'may', 'appear' etc etc.
Any commentary on success or lack of it would be useful for the community.
Best of British luck.
Duncan

If you go to post No 66 on the above thread there is a posting by BJ at Dali..... (Dali.....@daliracing)

Hello NSX Prime Member,
This is not Mark. I assist in the operations for Dali Racing under the new management. If you have a problem with anything according to Daliracing Call 619-449-3254. My Name is BJ and I will try and figure out any problems that you might have. I tried to be more involved with this site but im getting trampled due to the "old issues" I am not here to make excuses for Dali Racing nor Mark. Mark is being phased out of the company as we speak so if you have any problems or issues please call me or email if you prefer bj@daliracing.com (bj@daliracing.com)Also I tried to contact PM for being disgruntled on our facebook page with my contact information in which he did not reply. As far as anyone else I will try my best to rectify any problems and if I cant you can say that I was unhelpful and unavailable. But please give me a chance to fix any problems because I would like to be involved in the forum as well as someday become a vendor.

Thanks

BJ@daliracing

I had emailed Mark with an order before chistmas and had recieved no response. Having read the posts and seen the comments on NSX prime I called BJ. He seemed very aware of the history and seems keen to right the wrongs of the past. Don't be surprised if there is a post from him soon

Problem Child
04-02-2014, 10:08 PM
I think perhaps the greatest problem was that NSXCB refused to do anything about it. If we'd had a feedback area to the vendors section. Perhaps less people would have been stung.
I think this is still something that should be done, but there is no support for this within the mod forum.

Cheers.

There is such a section on Prime. All post are moderated before being posted

Senninha
04-02-2014, 11:30 PM

Cheers.

There was nothing stopping you from starting a thread to which all could contribute their results, good, bad or indifferent. Having dealt with him for several GB's he simply got bored one time and I had take legal action to resolve the issue. There are so many stories it is surprising members continued to get caught out by him. But then all the time a fortunate few had no issue it gave hope to first timers.

I'd seen the messaging a few days ago about a change in management and that BJ was looking to restore community faith by resolving as many outstanding issues as he could. I wish him the best of luck.

regards, Paul

Papalazarou
05-02-2014, 07:33 AM
There was nothing stopping you from starting a thread to which all could contribute their results, good, bad or indifferent. Having dealt with him for several GB's he simply got bored one time and I had take legal action to resolve the issue. There are so many stories it is surprising members continued to get caught out by him. But then all the time a fortunate few had no issue it gave hope to first timers.

I'd seen the messaging a few days ago about a change in management and that BJ was looking to restore community faith by resolving as many outstanding issues as he could. I wish him the best of luck.

regards, Paul

I could have. But it would have got lost in the threads. Better I think, that there is one permanent section in the trader section so members could post their reviews. However, no one was interested in doing this.

Cheers.

britlude
05-02-2014, 08:34 AM
doesn't really matter now if Mark is being phased out anyway....

Papalazarou
05-02-2014, 12:18 PM
doesn't really matter now if Mark is being phased out anyway....

Perhaps. But it's the right thing to do to have a feedback forum, so that members can make informed decisions about who they wish to deal with. Looking back, it seems incredibly that members who had encountered problems with Dali were sidelined or received criticism from other members.
Anyway, someone please do the right thing and establish a feedback section.

Cheers.

Senninha
05-02-2014, 01:08 PM
immaterial now, but your thread would have been easy to make a 'sticky' so it didnt get lost ...

britlude
05-02-2014, 01:59 PM
but with every trader, it's only those that are wronged that shout loudest... No one rushes to post that an item arrived roughly when it was due for the cost it was supposed to be. Even with Dali for every one that complained several would pipe up that they have never had probs. There must be plenty of Dali business or they wouldn't have bothered keeping the name! Without seeing the books we'll not know How much of his trade was problematic.

Nick Graves
05-02-2014, 04:42 PM
As with other members on here, I had no issues with MJ and threw a lot of business his way over the past 4 years.

i actually was in contact with MJ a couple of months ago via email

NO WAY do i condone how he treated customers here and elsewhere and have sympathies for all involved who lost money/got nowhere with him.

I wish the new owner BJ all the very best with the venture and wish him luck getting the Dali Racing brand among the best in NSX circles. Us in the UK need all the resources we can as no support exists with HUK.

i look forward to dealing with him in due course

Same here, really.

Papalazarou
05-02-2014, 06:08 PM
but with every trader, it's only those that are wronged that shout loudest... No one rushes to post that an item arrived roughly when it was due for the cost it was supposed to be. Even with Dali for every one that complained several would pipe up that they have never had probs. There must be plenty of Dali business or they wouldn't have bothered keeping the name! Without seeing the books we'll not know How much of his trade was problematic.

That doesn't really change anything. If this forum is here for anything, it's to help owners manoeuvre the potential pitfalls of NSX ownership. Many on this thread seem to have an issue with this. Please someone give me a good reason why we shouldn't have a buyer/seller experience section in the vendor section? Seriously it's like an ardent defence of apathy!

britlude
05-02-2014, 06:48 PM
we have a search facility that anyone can use if you really want to research!

however what vendors do we actually have on a regular basis? SOS, A.S motorsport, Vtec direct, Honda UK, Acura USA, Procar specials, and Dali.

Apart from comments about pricing, Dali is the only one that gets negative comments, and that has had a change of management, so resets to zero!

we really don't have that many traders to worry about.

Papalazarou
05-02-2014, 07:51 PM
we have a search facility that anyone can use if you really want to research!

however what vendors do we actually have on a regular basis? SOS, A.S motorsport, Vtec direct, Honda UK, Acura USA, Procar specials, and Dali.

Apart from comments about pricing, Dali is the only one that gets negative comments, and that has had a change of management, so resets to zero!

we really don't have that many traders to worry about.

The important thing is that we look after our members. You may not agree, but it's the right thing to do. Sure you can use the search facility to look for issues you didn't know you should be searching for. But the simple introduction of a buyers experience section, will give transparency and hopefully reduce Dali like problems in the future.
Certainly if I'd been one of those poor bastards who got duped, I'd have really appreciated some prior warning.
Now, I'm pretty sure that the current crop of vendors are quite reputable, but what's wrong with some feedback. Good or bad, it will keep them on their toes.

nobby
05-02-2014, 08:56 PM
I'm happy to have a reseller section for people to post on. The likes of Sonic, Flyingsniffer have been buying bits if they want to discuss SOS, D/F etc then go for it.

there is no point in it being retrospective though and should concentrate on recent purchases and going forward. You rightly point out that it may get the stale vendors section going again ... At the mo it's dead apart from Adnan

Procar Specials
06-02-2014, 07:00 AM
Maybe some of you know that I also had issues with MJ, which never couldnt be fixed.
Nevertheless after 10 years doing no business with Mark, he still has my name on his webside.

Do you know the german word Strohmann?

I personally think that BJ is a Strohmann.
The english word is stooge? (nominee)