PDA

View Full Version : Feeling brave? SORNed, auto IOP on Ebay, starts at £18000...

goldtop
28-02-2014, 02:13 PM
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-NSX-Ex-Show-And-Knight-Racer-Car-/171253520303?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27df8157af

Is it a famous car? Not been here long enough to have seen it. Drift car - an auto?

(Not a fan of the big ar5e kit, I have to say.)

NSXGB
28-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Been dissected here before...

From memory, it used to belong to a person or company that used to sell car stereo kit and may have been a demo car of theirs?

Tokyo-Joe
28-02-2014, 06:31 PM
I think this is the old Knight Racer car. They are a body shop so I would expect the exterior to be tip top.

Silver Surfer
28-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Not too impress with the paint match for IOP of the rear.....could be angle of reflection but just doesn't quite match to the rest of the car.

SS

Senninha
01-03-2014, 12:20 AM
IIRC Simon is on the money and this has been at a couple of Japfest events on display in the trading area ...

soddy
01-03-2014, 12:43 AM
so it has no working speedo and you have to change gears manually? excuse my ignorance but is this a feature of autos? the f-matic or something?

britlude
01-03-2014, 08:10 AM
yup, its been at japfest in the trade area. it did have lambo doors at one stage but last time it was on ebay the doors had been returned to conventional operation.

non working speedo/ auto gear issue is more likely down to a faulty speed sensor on the gearbox!

this is from 2008ish!
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=12097&d=1393661369

very low chassis plate number....
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=12098&d=1393661635

AR
01-03-2014, 10:29 AM
I seen it in the fleshand IMHO it will take a heap of money to make it right regarding bodywork alone!!!

Dragonlady
03-03-2014, 06:53 PM
I've seen quite a bit of their work on other cars.......walk away, a long way!

Problem Child
09-03-2014, 03:31 PM
I've seen quite a bit of their work on other cars.......walk away, a long way!

No bids so far!

goldtop
21-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Now in the next BCA auction (23/06/14) as V406ELM. The BCA condition report covers a lot of scary detail! Seems it was originally silver, too?

Maybe someone will get to rescue it yet. :)

Papalazarou
21-06-2014, 09:00 PM
Now in the next BCA auction (23/06/14) as V406ELM. The BCA condition report covers a lot of scary detail! Seems it was originally silver, too?

Maybe someone will get to rescue it yet. :)

It does sound like the silver one which was badly smashed up a number of years back. I used to have the salvage pics. If it is that car. Why is it being advertised as HPI clear?

Jivaldinho
01-08-2014, 03:10 AM
Hi, New to the Forums, my first post and..... I bought this car last week...

Wish I had joined earlier to ask about this car but I think I would have purchased it anyway. The price I got it for allows me to spend some money on it and still have paid less than a similar age/spec vehicle. Honda Manchester have checked the engine and transmission out and all seems ok on that side. The electrics definitely need looking at as well as the VSS on the gear box. The body work is fine, just needs a body shop to align the front bumper, bonnet and lights. o/s front headlight needs replacing / repairing. the carbon effect on the carbon boot, bonnet and spoiler has faded away so they will need replacing or wrapping. Interior needs looking at too. This has been my dream car and it was looking likely with the way the prices are heading that I wasn't going to be able to afford it but I have a project i can work on now which in time i hope will reap great rewards. I know its not a quick fix and there is no cheap way of fixing these cars but i am in it for the long haul...

Senninha
01-08-2014, 07:24 AM
[QUOTE=Jivaldinho;109878]Hi, New to the Forums, my first post and..... I bought this car last week...QUOTE]

Welcome and all the best with your new project, it will be great to see this one put back to great condition ... plenty of very knowledgeable owners on the forum that are happy to share details and tips as you work your way through the NSX

regards, Paul

goldtop
01-08-2014, 07:34 AM
When I started this thread, I asked if anyone was feeling brave. :) Well, there's also a saying "fortune favours the brave" - so I hope your work goes well and look forward to seeing the car being rescued.

Welcome. :)

Jivaldinho
01-08-2014, 05:32 PM
[QUOTE=Jivaldinho;109878]Hi, New to the Forums, my first post and..... I bought this car last week...QUOTE]

Welcome and all the best with your new project, it will be great to see this one put back to great condition ... plenty of very knowledgeable owners on the forum that are happy to share details and tips as you work your way through the NSX

regards, Paul

When I started this thread, I asked if anyone was feeling brave. :) Well, there's also a saying "fortune favours the brave" - so I hope your work goes well and look forward to seeing the car being rescued.

Welcome. :)

Thanks Guys, I have had the car 1 week now but I don't think i will ever get used to the amount of attention the NSX gets. My Porsche gets the odd look here and there but the NSX has had people chasing and taking photos while driving erratically. I even found some people taking selfies with the car at the local supermarket car park. I have had people young and old, shout all sorts of compliments while driving by. I really cant wait to get this car fully fit.

Senninha
01-08-2014, 05:50 PM
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?11611-Brandnew-OEM-Front-glass-windshield-for-sale-(-Bargain-rare-to-find-)

without question you will get more positive nods in the NSX than the Porsche, and a lo of 'what is it Mister' ... I had a 7/8 yr old lad ask the other day, I told him and his reply, its awesome! And off he went with a big smile!

Anyway, I dont know what your plans are for the bodywork and assuming its all bolted on, but if planning to ditch the fat back end and revert to OEM, you could follow the link above and contact Dirk who regularly breaks NSX. He' based in Germany but loves a day trip to London. He has all manor of parts.

Hope this helps, Paul

Jivaldinho
02-08-2014, 08:37 PM
The body kit is growing on me so I most likely will be keeping it. The forums have been so useful already as I have been able to rectify nigly issues as well as Identify some of the bigger problems and find potential fixes. I also received the 97-02 NSX Electrical trouble Shooting Manual today so that should keep me busy for a bit.