PDA

View Full Version : Question about Suspension NSX-R 2002

NSXR Spain
12-03-2014, 04:20 PM
Hi, I have installed in my car a complete set NSXR 2002 suspension

I have a question, these suspension is specified for the Japanese market and cars with RHD with right-hand drive, when installing a car with LHD like mine and European and USA cars for example, I donīt know if works well,,,if are diferent the front damper right and left or equal? more than anything in the subject of weight, driver, etc the right side.

where different, I could change their order ? put the right on the left and backwards,for the car to be more balanced with this placement.

Thanks!!

AR
12-03-2014, 08:58 PM
AFAIK they are the same and they never have had an issue in the US with OEM suspensions etc.

Es decir no pasa nada:)

NSXR Spain
12-03-2014, 10:15 PM
Many thanks! :)

AFAIK they are the same and they never have had an issue in the US with OEM suspensions etc.

Es decir no pasa nada:)

Procar Specials
13-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Hi, I have installed in my car a complete set NSXR 2002 suspension

I have a question, these suspension is specified for the Japanese market and cars with RHD with right-hand drive, when installing a car with LHD like mine and European and USA cars for example, I donīt know if works well,,,if are diferent the front damper right and left or equal? more than anything in the subject of weight, driver, etc the right side.

where different, I could change their order ? put the right on the left and backwards,for the car to be more balanced with this placement.

Thanks!!

You cant change the front ones because of the different brake line holders. R + L specific build.
Thats the only difference between left and right side, the compression and rebound setup of the damper is the same, also the spring rate.
I know that Honda R&D used different spring rates L+R at their prototype car, but the production version came with same spring rates L+R.

The rear ones are interchangable, but that doesnt make a sence because they are absolutely the same, 2x the same part number.

Regarding the setup performance.
The NSX-R suspension was developed for a car, which is a light car with 1.270 kg. (100kg less that standard, newer NSX even more)

Also the chassis reinforcement, the sway bar, some other parameters and the wheel sizes with the RE070 tires plays an important rule for that works setup.

So, if you install the R suspension, you surely have a good basic, (maybe 75-80%) but you cant expect the same performance as with the NSX-R.

NSXR Spain
13-03-2014, 08:44 AM
You cant change the front ones because of the different brake line holders. R + L specific build.
Thats the only difference between left and right side, the compression and rebound setup of the damper is the same, also the spring rate.
I know that Honda R&D used different spring rates L+R at their prototype car, but the production version came with same spring rates L+R.

The rear ones are interchangable, but that doesnt make a sence because they are absolutely the same, 2x the same part number.

Regarding the setup performance.
The NSX-R suspension was developed for a car, which is a light car with 1.270 kg. (100kg less that standard, newer NSX even more)

Also the chassis reinforcement, the sway bar, some other parameters and the wheel sizes with the RE070 tires plays an important rule for that works setup.

So, if you install the R suspension, you surely have a good basic, (maybe 75-80%) but you cant expect the same performance as with the NSX-R.

Thank you Procar S!!

I stay calmer.

I have installed in my car the chasis bars, front swaybar 22 mm,full aerodynamic type R , and other parts that lighten the weight up to 1300 kg weighing my car.

the only important difference are the wheels , 17 (215) and 18 (265) but with Advan Neova AD08 that having a good behavior.

Procar Specials
13-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Well, in that case, higher unsprung weight is also a theme.
The NSX-R suspension was developed for 17/17 inch setup with lightweight rims and UHP tires.

The front wheel is: 16.8 kg ( 17' R rim: 7,4 kg / RE070: 9,4 kg)
the rear wheel is: 20 kg (17'R rim 8,4 kg / RE070: 11,6 kg)

So you can weight your wheels and compare, quite sure that your 18 inch setup weights more, even with very lightweight wheels its more.
As minimum its more than 10 %.

BTW.....I'm not a big fan of 18 inch wheels at the rear, it reduces the overall performance.
IMO Honda did a perfect job with the lastest 17 inch works setup.

I only miss 1 thing:
The R suspension has no car height adjustment, so a perfect fine tune is not possible.

NoelWatson
13-03-2014, 12:29 PM

I thought the later NSX was supposed to be lighter as it did away with the popup headlights?

Procar Specials
13-03-2014, 01:29 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_NSX

Please scroll to:
NSX-R Refresh (JDM)

or:
http://world.honda.com/NSX/technology/t9.html

NSXR Spain
13-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the info!! I think you are right.

I'll try later to buy some SSR wheels in 17 for behind, or a new kit in 17.

I'll keep trying things:)