PDA

View Full Version : NA2 2002 Imola Yellow F/S £40,000

Silver Surfer
13-04-2014, 09:32 PM
Hi Guys,

For sale is a NA2 2002 Facelift Imola Yellow NSX which has done 145K but has all the required service history from Honda main dealer.
This car is currently owned by one of my work colleague (note Reg) and I can assure you he is one careful driver and has owned the car for the last 9 years....despite the Dual carriageway miles (A14) which he travels daily to work..the car is an immaculate condition.

Here is the advert on PH:

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/nsx/2002-facelift-nsx-uk-car-manual-excellent-condition/2230134

http://img.pistonheads.com.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/Fullsize/honda/nsx/v6/honda-nsx-v6-S1116484-1.jpg

http://img.pistonheads.com.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/Fullsize/honda/nsx/v6/honda-nsx-v6-S1116484-2.jpg

PM me if you need any more info.

SS

Silver Surfer
20-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Sale pending..... At £35k!!!!!!
Wow ... Someone got a bargain!

SS

Hagasan
20-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Sale pending..... At £35k!!!!!!
Wow ... Someone got a bargain!

SS

Yep, £5k left to repaint the wiper arms....or be frivolous and get brand new ones at HUK prices...

nobby
21-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Wow that is a lot of car for the money

flip me, this country is obsessed with low mileage and we all know they can be more trouble than they're worth if not maintained properly

havoc
21-04-2014, 08:34 PM
That IS a bargain.

I'm sure you've advised him well, but I'd be sitting on the car for a little longer, waiting for a better price - if a 30k '05 coupe has recently sold for £60k, then that sound rather light, mileage or not...

soddy
21-04-2014, 11:33 PM
Wow that is a lot of car for the money

flip me, this country is obsessed with low mileage and we all know they can be more trouble than they're worth if not maintained properly

how very true, it's just the way of things with people. oh if it's got over 100k then it's going to go wrong at some point. the main thing here is the care the car received to be at this mileage and that goes a long way as some with half the miles may not have been as carefully looked after and you'll be near that rebuild sooner. my rx8 has 100,250 miles and is driving as well as it did when i bought it as i take care of the car. but you get those who didn't top up the oil (correct oil) and drive it like you should and moan about the engine going at 50000 or possibly less. look after any car and it'll look after you :)

love the colour and the wheels, yellow looks even better on the 2nd gen.

AR
22-04-2014, 07:56 AM
It is all about perception guys. Why do you think 456 Ferraris are so cheap when they hit certain mileage. In the US is a different story as people are used to high mileage. The reality is that the are can take it. However the NSX has changed from usable junior supercar ( think R8 ) to classic junior supercar. In this new status buyers will demand a lot more from the cars, mileage is one of those things. In the end is all about perception.

Senninha
22-04-2014, 08:34 AM
It is all about perception guys. Why do you think 456 Ferraris are so cheap when they hit certain mileage. In the US is a different story as people are used to high mileage. The reality is that the are can take it. However the NSX has changed from usable junior supercar ( think R8 ) to classic junior supercar. In this new status buyers will demand a lot more from the cars, mileage is one of those things. In the end is all about perception.

Mileage for sure on the 456 which appears a good value car at sub £30k, but one reason for this pricing is the average £6k per annum running costs whereas our cars are considerably less for routine and even preventative maintenance ... anything more than this is usually only down to the owners choice as more and more NSX are long term ownership hence why more owners are choosing to invest in the refresh options available from a few knowledgeable friends.

It will be interesting to see if the market starts to accept the 'driven' examples of the NSX in terms of value and ownership ... I think that it just might ...

havoc
22-04-2014, 01:00 PM
I think for NA1s they already are Paul - the NA1 doesn't seem to be on the "investor" radar that much, so it's enthusiasts who are buying them, and they ARE buying on condition/history.

NA2s, esp. facelifts, are fetching MUCH stronger money, mainly due to competing demand from Asia and investor-buyers...but that does appear to mean resale is first-and-foremost in a buyer's mind, hence the mileage issue. Does make you wonder how many of those will get the same TLC that a well-used (but not abused) car will get though...much as my bank balance regrets not getting Ian/Sharon's car 5 years ago, I know where I'd be looking right now.

mjames75
22-04-2014, 06:55 PM
So I'll admit, it was me. couldn't resist it in yellow! I wouldn't say the car is immaculate but for the mileage it is in amazing condition!

Service wise the car has been looked after and seems Honda UK made a tidy profit on parts! The usual 'enthusiast' items have not been done however such as crank pulley and water pump so thats priority for me at the moment. The clutch has never been changed at 145k miles and the previous owner claims to have never been in vtec in 9 years- yes hard to believe! but the condition and fact it has never let him down shows what our cars are capable of. I'll bring it along to Japfest after a little tidy up.

edit- Just realised-9 years without vtec would hurt me- I don't think this is great for the car either but it does drive very smooth and feels tight still.

nobby
22-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Well done!

if I was in the market for one I'd have gone for this.

cracker looking car and in great condition. Get the major service bits done and you'll be 100%

Hagasan
22-04-2014, 07:41 PM
The only facelift I've seen really cheap was the cat'd one that went over to Ireland. At only ~£19K even with the history it was worth a punt. From what I recall it was repaired properly. The owner is on the forum from time to time..

jpspringall
22-04-2014, 07:44 PM
I have say getting in vtec range on the A14 is an achievement, especially after they Installed mile after mile of average speed cameras.

I've not even gone yet, and I'm already missing mine.

James

Silver Surfer
22-04-2014, 07:47 PM
So I'll admit, it was me. couldn't resist it in yellow! I wouldn't say the car is immaculate but for the mileage it is in amazing condition!

Service wise the car has been looked after and seems Honda UK made a tidy profit on parts! The usual 'enthusiast' items have not been done however such as crank pulley and water pump so thats priority for me at the moment. The clutch has never been changed at 145k miles and the previous owner claims to have never been in vtec in 9 years- yes hard to believe! but the condition and fact it has never let him down shows what our cars are capable of. I'll bring it along to Japfest after a little tidy up.

edit- Just realised-9 years without vtec would hurt me- I don't think this is great for the car either but it does drive very smooth and feels tight still.

Well done James...so many NSX...so little time to drive them!
Did he sell the number plate as well?

SS

goldtop
22-04-2014, 07:57 PM
James, you're incorrigible! It was a bargain and couldn't have found a better home.

Which one(s) are you pushing out of the way to make room? :D

Papalazarou
22-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Nice one Mike,

You're as bad as me! Only I've owned most of mine consecutively;-) Look forward to seeing it next month.

Cheers.

soddy
22-04-2014, 11:52 PM
Good to see it went to someone who'll look after it. It looks a great car from the pics, don't change anything, just get the bits replaced like you said. :)
Good to hear it drove really well. How much difference is there between the pop-up lights model and this car? Do the 'bubble lights', sorry, have a few more horses than the pop-up nsx's?

I'd love the blue one on piston heads, outta my reach though. But if me numbers come up it'd be mine :)

NoelWatson
23-04-2014, 05:41 AM
Do the 'bubble lights', sorry, have a few more horses than the pop-up nsx's?

I'd love the blue one on piston heads, outta my reach though. But if me numbers come up it'd be mine :)

Power is approx the same - we've had both types on the dyno several times

Senninha
23-04-2014, 06:33 AM
Pop up NA2's win every time ;0)

goldtop
23-04-2014, 09:10 AM

Yes. If only they didn't have that awful assisted steering! ;)

L696ULO
23-04-2014, 12:35 PM

I beg to differ.......... not if they are all red and your name is Geoff ;)

sorepaws
23-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Yes. If only they didn't have that awful assisted steering! ;)

No assistance once you are moving - not sure why its awful, when it no longer plays a part in steering the car

Senninha
23-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Ah yes, I forgot about Geoff, Good point, well made, I stand corrected ;0)

Silver Surfer
23-04-2014, 03:18 PM
No assistance once you are moving - not sure why its awful, when it no longer plays a part in steering the car
Power steering reduces the self centering tendency when going round a corner or roundabout and can lead to over-steer into a hedge!

SS

gcon45
23-04-2014, 04:06 PM
The only facelift I've seen really cheap was the cat'd one that went over to Ireland. At only ~£19K even with the history it was worth a punt. From what I recall it was repaired properly. The owner is on the forum from time to time..

Tis I!

Yes it's been repaired to a very high standard (and I'm a fussy bugger too!).

I'll have it 5 years come January.

Fantastic car. I've been offered twice what I bought it for recently.

Still wouldn't tempt me to sell. Still very much smitten!

sorepaws
23-04-2014, 04:10 PM
Power steering reduces the self centering tendency when going round a corner or roundabout and can lead to over-steer into a hedge!

SS
ok - but mine seems to turn off when you are doing more than 10mph - it then becomes direct, my arms tell me it is so

goldtop
23-04-2014, 07:23 PM
ok - but mine seems to turn off when you are doing more than 10mph - it then becomes direct, my arms tell me it is so

It's strange. I can only speak from two cars. Today I just got my '93 coupe (which used to my mjames75's coincidentally) with the manual steering out of storage after 9 months of driving the '96. The steering feel is very, VERY different. I don't know what the EPS is doing on the later one, but there's more of a connection to the road with the early one. It's somewhere between the '96 and my Stratos replica.

If it's meant to be the same at >10mph, I need the front geometry checking! :)

Probably a topic best discussed elsewhere.

Silver Surfer
23-04-2014, 07:37 PM
As Goldtop has indicated.... You can notice the difference in the steering immediately from driving the EPS car and the Non-EPS car.... As I have indicated earlier... The power steering assistance is still present when you powering out of a bend <20mph.. It does not self centre as strong as a non-EPS car!

SS

Kaz-kzukNA1
23-04-2014, 09:24 PM
It’s the effect of mainly the software improvement but also the changes in EPS rack I/F circuit and the different rack ratio of the EPS rack against the manual one (strictly speaking, the rack ratio on any rack and pinion system is infinite).

With the original EPS system (91-94 models) that had two separated boxes inside the cabin and torque/rotational sensors on the rack, the EPS was like on/off control.
Around 20 - 40mph (depending on the steer torque and steer speed), suddenly you can feel the big changes in steering almost as if the EPS has switched itself off.
It’s not a gradual change and instead, the steering feels suddenly very heavy.

While the steering rack stayed the same, this sudden change in steer feel (like On/Off EPS control) was improved on the later controller introduced in 1995 (95 - 96 models).
The steer feeling itself was the same as the original control but it changed the way it reduces the EPS assist and it was more like gradual ‘fade-out’ instead of On/Off like control of the original system.

The entire EPS system was further improved when the latest EPS rack and controller were introduced in 1997 (97+ models).
The rotational sensor was removed from the EPS rack and the software was further improved.
With this latest system, addition to the improved fade-out feeling of EPS assist transition, you can feel faster response in power assist especially under heavy braking at uneven surface or quick turn in to the sharp bent.

With the original and 2nd generation controller/rack, there was noticeable delay in steering response where as with the latest-latest system, there was almost no delay in response.
I think the CPU power was dramatically changed at that time. For IP reason, I won't go too much in detail.

Kaz

Papalazarou
24-04-2014, 06:17 PM
Kaz,

Why is it that targas have slightly lighter steering than coupes? I've recently bought another targa and there's definitely a difference.

Cheers.

Kaz-kzukNA1
26-04-2014, 12:50 PM
The EPS hardware/software is the same between the Coupe and Targa models so I think the biggest factor would be the weight distribution.

When the car is moving, the effect will be further enhanced by the setup changes on Targa models such as the damper/spring setting, sway bar (anti-roll bar) setting, etc.
Addition to this, the tyre being used, the road surface and how you drove will play the big part.

Kaz

Papalazarou
26-04-2014, 07:05 PM
Interesting. I thought the difference in spring rates was quite small. But is there much difference in the anti roll bars? I'm running Bridgstones on the Targa at the moment. They're my tyre of choice for the NSX. I guess I should recheck tyre pressures and get the tracking done too.

Cheers.

havoc
27-04-2014, 09:34 AM
As an aside, how would changing the front ARB stiffness affect steering weight and feel?