PDA

View Full Version : NSX wheels (91-93 style only)

goldtop
28-04-2014, 01:35 PM
As per the thread title, I'm looking for a set of original 15/16in alloys for the NSX, as I'm returning my NSX to stock.

If you are looking to swap with the 93-03 style, we can maybe trade. Mine are painted graphite/grey as seen here:

http://www.firstmail.com/misc/k2atunit1s.jpg

Pride
28-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Hi goldtop, lovely looking machine you have.
It just so happens I have recently just purchased a set of immaculate original 15/16 wheels for my 92 NA1 which I have today just had fitted toyo 888r semi slick road legal tyres to replace my chromed stilauto 17/17 combination which I have fitted Yokohama adv08 rubber.
The reason I'm looking to change to the original sizes are purely curiosity as to how the car will feel/handle.
Because my stilautos look so fantastic it has taken me many years before deciding to try this so I'm curious to know your reasons.
I have been told that the handling should improve yet the car will also be more compliant so if that's the case that would be great but if not then my 15/16's will be up for grabs.
Unfortunately I won't know for sure until returning from a European driving holiday in June when I can try them in full.
If you don't have any luck until then please feel free to ask me again mid June.
Good luck.

goldtop
28-04-2014, 07:32 PM
For me, there are two reasons to do it: I now know that it was original to the car; it's the early car that won the handling plaudits and many contemporary reviewers felt the '93 changes were not a success. So I'll try it and see for myself.

As a small side benefit, the ride should improve. As a small disadvantage, there's no doubt the later wheel looks far better! :(

Enjoy that driving holiday. We're doing one in August, but sadly, it won't be in the NSX.

goldtop
11-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Wheels are now sourced - thanks for all PMs.