PDA

View Full Version : Center console removal

Mark N
10-06-2014, 03:55 PM
I have been trying to remove the center console on my car and have come to the point of trying to remove the ashtray .I am having a problem removing it, to get at the two screws behind it. My question is there a special tecknique to removing this because i do not want to damage it. On further inspection it looks like there is a small rivet in the top of the ashtray. Is this present on all NSX'S or has someone modified it at some point ? I would post an image but i can not attach it to this post.
Has anyone got any idears ? and can anyone tell me how to add images in simple english not computer jargon :rolleyes:
Many thanks
Mark

Mark N
10-06-2014, 04:17 PM
After having another look it fell out :redface: Doh I thought it can not be that difficult because how would you clean it:redface:.
Anyway I still have some other images to post so any advice on that would still be appreciated.

Many thanks
Mark

britlude
10-06-2014, 04:34 PM
open the ashtray cover.... then once open, gently press it up a little further and the ashtray insert releases and pops out to greet you :)

it's the same as no-one reading the handbook and finding out the heater vents in the doors can pop up, tilting inwards! ... gently press the side closest to the middle of the car!

L696ULO
10-06-2014, 08:04 PM
Not sure if you have seen these instructions for the centre console removal but here they are anyway (with pictures)

http://nsxe-repair.com/CCUremoval.html

Rich

Mark N
10-06-2014, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the replys .I eventually got it apart . I had to fix an issue with a loose radio knob . Install a new gear shift gaitor .

Rich I whish I had seen those instruction before I started I would have saved myself a lot of time and grief.

Thanks again
Mark

Senninha
11-06-2014, 04:13 AM
Whilst you have the console out, don't forget to clean the sensor of dust / fluff (they all have it) before you refit.

regards, Paul

L696ULO
11-06-2014, 07:21 AM
Hi Mark

no problem after you have done it once then if you need to do it again it's second nature.
I see you have a window problem I think I've got a link to getting the door card off?

Rich

AR
11-06-2014, 07:38 AM
I would suggest for any work in that area to use a good magnetized screwdriver, or have a few spare screws!

Mark N
11-06-2014, 09:00 PM
AR great advivce . I know what you mean .I can not count how many times I drop those screw and how long I spent looking for them.:)

Mark N
11-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Hi Paul
I did look at that , although it was not that bad .

regards
Mark