PDA

View Full Version : Are you expecting more NSX's to appear on the market?

craigdonnelly
10-06-2014, 07:36 PM
Hello,

a late NSX cost £60k+ but the new NSX is due to cost around £100k and McLaren 12c's are now approaching £100k with the launch of the 650s.

£40k on a finance deal is not a lot for the latest and best supercars on sale. Do you think a few owners will be tempted to trade up and sell their NSX?

soddy
10-06-2014, 09:03 PM
depends on how much better the new nsx will be i suppose. but as everyone who owns one on here loves their nsx, i would think that they'll be holding onto them due to their rarity, that is the series 2 if you are talking £60k around. the series 1 seem to fetch between £24k to £35k depending on condition and upgrades etc.

it will be interesting to see how anyone on this site who buys a series 3 i take it, gets on with it and how it will compare with the nsx we know currently.

Papalazarou
10-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Interesting idea. I may be wrong. But my take is that the new car isn't really an NSX in the way current owners understand the concept. The extra £40K might not be the end of the world to some, but I get the feeling that most owners are enjoying an appreciating asset, as opposed to something that will probably be worth less than a facelift 2005 in a couple of years.
Personally, the new car makes no sense to me, so I'd take the old car all day. However, I guess for some, the allure of the new will be too strong, even a car designed by Americans for Americans. They will enjoy the new kid on the block feeling and no doubt it will be an interesting car to drive. But I find it tough to imagine why a Honda enthusiast would consciously choose this car over a pure JDM product with recognisable Honda DNA.

goldtop
10-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Well, I expect it to be a LOT quicker than the old NSX, so those who want performance first and can raise the £££s may be tempted. The hybrid stuff and SH-AWD may make it more agile, too.

If only it didn't look so unremittingly ugly...

mjames75
10-06-2014, 10:02 PM
I Think the New NSX will probably be a great car without comparing it to the existing NSX.I find it hard to believe the existing NSX owners will trade up for the new one. I think deposits have been taken but most are dealers I've been told. I did think the new one would be an Audi R8 style existence where showroom shoppers are signed up but apparently they will be in limited numbers. As Jame's says, why have a depreciating asset. Just like the new 991 GT3, a great car but not for me, I'd rather drive than be driven-give me a 997 GT3 anyday.

NZNick
11-06-2014, 12:52 AM
Original NSX were depreciating assets until I started looking for one......

WhyOne?
11-06-2014, 08:13 AM
My take is that the new 'NSX' will be a very different (no doubt in many ways better, in others worse, but certainly a very different concept using different technologies) car to the NA1/NA2 cars and as such, will not necessarily appeal to owners of the original cars.

Personally, I would be more tempted by a McLaren MP4-12c which to my mind is closer on concept to the original NSX, though I suspect that even if they drop to affordable purchase prices, the running costs will still make them prohibitively expensive.

Problem Child
11-06-2014, 08:25 AM
Interesting idea. I may be wrong. But my take is that the new car isn't really an NSX in the way current owners understand the concept. The extra £40K might not be the end of the world to some, but I get the feeling that most owners are enjoying an appreciating asset, as opposed to something that will probably be worth less than a facelift 2005 in a couple of years. Personally, the new car makes no sense to me, so I'd take the old car all day. However, I guess for some, the allure of the new will be too strong, even a car designed by Americans for Americans. They will enjoy the new kid on the block feeling and no doubt it will be an interesting car to drive. But I find it tough to imagine why a Honda enthusiast would consciously choose this car over a pure JDM product with recognisable Honda DNA.Couldnt agree more Papa. The new car is not an NSX as we know it...NSX is simply being used as a branding vehicle as the NSX that we know and love bears no mechaniscal or technological resemblance to our NA1/ NA2's which are/ will become classics. That for me is the true test of the new car...will it become a classic???? We will see.........

sorepaws
11-06-2014, 08:32 AM
SO a provocative thought - why compare the NSX we all know and love to the new NSX ? We have the NSX because we like the cars, they have an appeal that no other 90's SuperCar had (reliability) and was built for a market. Why would you "trade up" ? I am not sure this is like a Vauxhall Cavalier driver looking at the Insignia and thinking its about time I had a new car.
I think there will be 2 markets - those that have the money and want a fun fast and new car and old farts like me that rather like the style of the current NSX and its uniqueness on a crowded "everything looks the same" market.

The original question "will there be more NSX's appearing on the market" - my take is it is unlikely, there are only about 400 in the UK (someone can get the accurate figure) and people that have them didn't buy them because they wanted a modern Super car they bought them because they wanted the Iconic NSX. If anything there will be fewer as the odd one or 2 either get written off or sold abroad. Mine will be sold (or given away) when I am unable to get in - drive and get out at the other end without help.

Problem Child
11-06-2014, 08:36 AM
SO a provocative thought - why compare the NSX we all know and love to the new NSX ? We have the NSX because we like the cars, they have an appeal that no other 90's SuperCar had (reliability) and was built for a market. Why would you "trade up" ? I am not sure this is like a Vauxhall Cavalier driver looking at the Insignia and thinking its about time I had a new car. I think there will be 2 markets - those that have the money and want a fun fast and new car and old farts like me that rather like the style of the current NSX and its uniqueness on a crowded "everything looks the same" market.The original question "will there be more NSX's appearing on the market" - my take is it is unlikely, there are only about 400 in the UK (someone can get the accurate figure) and people that have them didn't buy them because they wanted a modern Super car they bought them because they wanted the Iconic NSX. If anything there will be fewer as the odd one or 2 either get written off or sold abroad. Mine will be sold (or given away) when I am unable to get in - drive and get out at the other end without help.I plan to be buried in mine....much to my sons disappointment!

Nick Graves
11-06-2014, 09:35 AM
Unlike the old one?

With advanced materials and the advanced chassis tech, a wrong-angle V6 and reliability the Germans can only dream of, I should say the car has a LOT in common with the old. It's a P1 for the poor man.

Of course, it might be a massive disappointment, but I doubt it.

I'd not say no, but I think the problem is it will be too damn' fast with Big Brother's bullies round every corner...I'll stick with the classic, most likely.

Papalazarou
11-06-2014, 09:47 AM
Unlike the old one?

With advanced materials and the advanced chassis tech, a wrong-angle V6 and reliability the Germans can only dream of, I should say the car has a LOT in common with the old. It's a P1 for the poor man.

Of course, it might be a massive disappointment, but I doubt it.

I'd not say no, but I think the problem is it will be too damn' fast with Big Brother's bullies round every corner...I'll stick with the classic, most likely.

Sure, in many ways it can be seen as the new generation of innovation. But in the most important ways; the way it looks, and where and how it was designed it bares no resemblance.

goldnsx
11-06-2014, 05:47 PM
For every new tempting car I would have to forget about DIY for some years. That's a very important factor to me which adds up to just owning and driving a newer car. This factor strongly hesitates me from moving on to something different. I get headache from only thinking of handing out the keys to the dealer for even servicing and paying the bill of whatever amount they ask me. Crazy, I know.
On the old continent I think some NSXs have a very steep pricing. They don't sell fast or not at all. Why would anybody have bought an NSX in the last three years at all as there are plenty of other faster cars on the market? An old NSX seems to be something Special to them and that's what the newer one won't change at all.

Mistercorn
11-06-2014, 05:55 PM
I agree about the reasons for buying. When you can buy a Ferrari of the same age or a 911 turbo for the same money it isn't about power and top speed.

You could always wait a few years until you could di a straight swap with the depreciation on the new model.

MC

soddy
11-06-2014, 08:25 PM
i had a feeling no one on here would not be selling their pride and joy, too much love for the nsx and happy with what they have.
i don't like the new one inside and if you bought it and told someone, they'd probably think of the na1/na2 anyway lol.

Problem Child
12-06-2014, 07:15 PM
speaking to Honda Norton Way last night when I picked up my car we got to speaking about the new NSX. They seem to be thinking about having some sort of event to coincide with the launch of the new NSX wannabe using us and our pride and joys (real NSX's).....watch this space. Also heard a rumour that the new one will be at Goodwood in a few weeks time

Hagasan
12-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Also heard a rumour that the new one will be at Goodwood in a few weeks time

Pulsing Finger strikes....

nobby
12-06-2014, 07:42 PM
new nsx has been touted a FoS for ages now ... it was a main headline on their site as they showcased the original nsx on its launch.
apparently it will be doing the hill climb not sure if it has the new drive train or just a mule car
ill be there to have a look at it anyways

WhyOne?
12-06-2014, 09:07 PM
........ Also heard a rumour that the new one will be at Goodwood in a few weeks time

Much more than a rumour:
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?11958-Get-yourselves-along-to-this-years-Goodwood-FoS

......not sure if it has the new drive train or just a mule car.......

As this is the 'dynamic debut' for the car, I am pretty certain the car will be running something very close to the definitive drivetrain.

Nick Graves
12-06-2014, 11:45 PM
i had a feeling no one on here would not be selling their pride and joy, too much love for the nsx and happy with what they have.
i don't like the new one inside and if you bought it and told someone, they'd probably think of the na1/na2 anyway lol.

Apparently nor does Hondura - the interior is being upgraded.

Looked pleasantly ergonomic to me...

nobby
20-06-2014, 04:01 PM
another beautiful NA2 facelift has just appeared on PH!

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/nsx/honda-nsx-3-2-v6--------------2005-facelift/2432992

utterly beautiful ... I REALLY REALLY WANT! :(

Papalazarou
20-06-2014, 04:58 PM

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/nsx/honda-nsx-3-2-v6--------------2005-facelift/2432992

Marky's I believe. A very nice looking car. Unusual to see three facelift on the market at one time.

Cheers.

Mistercorn
20-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Very nice, but very expensive as well. I can't help but think they are trying it on. It isn't a very low mileage example.
MC

AR
20-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Marky's I believe. A very nice looking car. Unusual to see three facelift on the market at one time.

Cheers.

I think as the the release time of the next NSX gets closer, some investors are feeling like perhaps it is time to sell.

Despite my opinions on the price which I shall keep to myself PMs and all, the cars in question are very nice cars.

craigdonnelly
20-06-2014, 05:58 PM
I started this thread and it's only my opinion but these prices for NSX's are crazy. I just read about the new NSX on topgear.com and it sounds special! A lot more power, performance and a warranty for not a lot more cash. It's just not NSX prices but 964 and 993 turbos are stupid money. I seen two manual 997 turbos from official porsche dealers with two year warranty for £55k. A 993 turbo with a stupid driving position will be two or three times that much now. I understand people will say these cars appreciate in value but that does not interest me. I want to experience as many cars as I can and I'm not interested in what a car is worth in so many years because my dad passed away three weeks ago at the young age of 59 of cancer. Life is too short.

craigdonnelly
20-06-2014, 08:48 PM
I hope the sellers get every penny they are asking for their cars. I owned an NSX and have a soft spot for them. I would consider buying another but not at these prices. I think the new nsx will be excellent. I am willing to bet money to a cancer charity it will get great reviews and live upto the mini p1 title.

Mistercorn
21-06-2014, 10:02 AM
With regards to values, I do feel that values of many good cars are being pushed up due to poor cash returns, I'm not sure it is a bubble but I would at least expect values to flatten off once interest rates start to rise. I look forward to seeing the new car, I hope it is fantastic and agree that the market for the old and new versions are completely unrelated.

MC

mjames75
24-06-2014, 11:07 AM
Cars are worth what people pay (as I've said many times), I had a few offers for my NSX this Sunday at the Supercar event - heat of the moment thing I guess where alot of the supercar owners had never been in an NSX- I took them out after they made a donation to the childrens trust and they all loved it.

Every car has issues- the NSX issues really are very minor in camparison. I've had alot of cars and believe me none of them would drive as great as my 150k mile NSX

I have 3 NSX's- and not a single major issue so far

Mike

mjames75
24-06-2014, 01:54 PM
thought I might say Mark has had a couple of offers on his car- very close to asking price- I am selling it for him if anyone is interested. He wants to keep it but has bought a new toy which even I would part with my NSX for. He loves the NSX but has the option of using another one whenever he likes

Mike

Papalazarou
24-06-2014, 02:19 PM
thought I might say Mark has had a couple of offers on his car- very close to asking price- I am selling it for him if anyone is interested. He wants to keep it but has bought a new toy which even I would part with my NSX for. He loves the NSX but has the option of using another one whenever he likes

Mike

Me too, I've had two close offers so far. But I'm not in a great hurry to sell. However, these aren't cars you give away.

Cheers.

Papalazarou
25-06-2014, 10:35 AM
There are obviously many reasons that cars come onto the market. One reason is those owners who end up with a car that has appreciated to a price point they would not have been able to otherwise afford. The car they have enjoyed then becomes a valuable asset. As a result, it is driven less and less and eventually sold though lack of use.

soddy
25-06-2014, 09:56 PM

it is a real bute alright, love the 2nd photo especially. big price, maybe remortgage the house? lol and not tell the missus :)

Senninha
26-06-2014, 08:57 PM
it is a real bute alright, love the 2nd photo especially. big price, maybe remortgage the house? lol and not tell the missus :)

Whilst you're over you might as well treat yourself ... SWMBO will understand ...

Senninha
04-07-2014, 06:27 PM

Sold? Or has Mark taken it off the market as before?

Papalazarou
04-07-2014, 07:10 PM
Sold? Or has Mark taken it off the market as before?

I believe it's been take off the market for the time being.

Cheers.

Senninha
25-07-2014, 04:22 PM
I believe it's been take off the market for the time being.

Cheers.

and now its back minus all the procar parts ... wonder where these will pop-up?

mjames75
25-07-2014, 08:28 PM
and now its back minus all the procar parts ... wonder where these will pop-up?

I have the CF spoiler if anyone wants.........

Lankstarr
30-07-2014, 09:06 PM
Does anybody know how much it was with the pro car parts? With identical mileage to mine and having all the same bits I'm interested to know what this was up for and how it's priced now. I thought 65k with all of the original bits and all of the additional bits but if this goes for 65 standard I'll raise expectations!