PDA

View Full Version : New immobiliser zapper

Mistercorn
23-07-2014, 07:02 PM
I have two of the immobilisers zappers with my car, which I assume were fitted by the dealers to all uk cars. One of them is in a bad way, it still works but looks rough. Does anybody know if the cases are available from anywhere?

MC

PeterW
23-07-2014, 08:08 PM
I have two of the immobilisers zappers with my car, which I assume were fitted by the dealers to all uk cars. One of them is in a bad way, it still works but looks rough. Does anybody know if the cases are available from anywhere?

MC
If you mean the little key thing which you have to put into a slot or socket in your dash, before you put the key in the ignition, try these people. http://www.hamilton-palmer.co.uk. They fitted immobilisers for HUK when the cars were imported. I bought a replacement slot from them as a back-up spare, because mine sometimes doesn't make contact. If you're talking about a remote, that's something else, maybe it's for your alarm activation. The immobiliser and the alarm are completely separate systems. As I understand it, later cars than mine had a different system with the immobiliser built into the ignition switch.

Peter

Mistercorn
23-07-2014, 08:17 PM
This is more complicated than I thought. It is a remote control with two buttons which unlocks the car and disables the immobiliser. I'll get a photo up later this week when I am back in the uk.

MC

Kaz-kzukNA1
23-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Based on the actual experience from our member 'nytram', we used to be able to order the replacement remote fob through the web site tech-tronics.co.uk.
However, it looks like it's gone or changed the ownership.
If you search, it will return several websites selling the fob from tech tronics.
Seems like one of them is actually by the tech-tronics but can't confirm it.
It would be nice if you can find reliable source as the link in my NSX Technical and Service Information Index 02 (http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?9724-NSX-Technical-and-Service-Information-Index-02) no longer works.....

Kaz

Mistercorn
23-07-2014, 10:25 PM
Rest assured, if I find one I will report it here.

MC

Senninha
26-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Did you get the fob issue resolved and if yes, was it through H&Palmer?

regards, Paul

Mistercorn
27-09-2014, 12:42 AM
I have paid them some money but am in China for a fortnight so don't know if the parts have turned up or if they are correct. I will update in another week or so.

MC