NSXGB
13-08-2014, 12:39 PM
Cannot decide....

Silver

Or

Washi Grey

Silver Surfer
13-08-2014, 12:54 PM
Washi Grey for me as the silver makes the gap around the tyre and wheel arch seem more exaggerated... And need lowering.
any pic of the interior? ��

SS

nobby
13-08-2014, 12:59 PM
i like the solaris silver, just recently done this colour to my prodrive wheels
so I am biased!

NSXGB
13-08-2014, 01:01 PM
Interior not done yet Kare, your mate keeps knocking me down the list! :)

Any pic of the interior? ��

SS

goldtop
13-08-2014, 01:14 PM
As someone who's just taken some dark grey wheels off of my silver car, I have to say silver. :)

Here's how it looked:

http://www.firstmail.com/misc/k2pic01.jpg

I reverted to the original '91-93 alloys.

kingsley
13-08-2014, 02:33 PM
100% Salaris Silver.........Looks great, but then every one has there own likes.

Kingsley

flyingsniffer
13-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Grey - silver looks like a 4x4

NSX 2000
13-08-2014, 03:18 PM
Grey - silver looks like a 4x4

You can tell your a Sarries fan, no taste!

Silver gets my vote simon, it suits the car better.

britlude
13-08-2014, 03:56 PM
of those two choices i'd go with the lighter/brighter silver. hate dark wheels unless there's a break of some kind between wheel and tyre. all black wheels should be illegal!

i'd go a different colour anyway.

..... but then again my wheels are red, so what do i know??? :)

Hagasan
13-08-2014, 04:08 PM
Tricky one..

I agree with Kare that the silver makes the rear wheel look rather small but that could be exacerbated by the angle the pic was taken at..

Like Jonathan, I don't really like black wheels on a car either. The grey kind of works as it ties in closer withe roof. In this picture though the light has the rear quarter looking slightly greyer than silver which helps the wheel?

Would probably be better seen in the metal. Once you drive around to all the owners here you should get a better opinion lol!!

Initially I thought grey but not sure now. See what happens when you have the luxury of a spare set ;-)

Dragonlady
13-08-2014, 05:39 PM
Silver yes but that picture makes the car look as if it's on a jack. Needs lowering and spacers.

Ian

NSXGB
13-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Angle on the silver shot does mess with the rear proportions a bit, camera phones for you...

Ian, how do you know it's not got spacers already, the shot is of the side. :)

Papalazarou
13-08-2014, 06:32 PM
If the car was any other colour I'd go for the grey. But I think silver needs silver. When I say silver, I mean BMW silver. The same colour as the standard facelift wheels.

Dragonlady
13-08-2014, 07:51 PM
Angle on the silver shot does mess with the rear proportions a bit, camera phones for you...

Ian, how do you know it's not got spacers already, the shot is of the side. :)

Generally if the car is not lowered people tend not to have spacers as it exaggerates the space between the tyre and wheel arch. Is that why it looks jacked up?:D

Ian

lotusolly
13-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Tricky one..

I agree with Kare that the silver makes the rear wheel look rather small but that could be exacerbated by the angle the pic was taken at..

Like Jonathan, I don't really like black wheels on a car either. The grey kind of works as it ties in closer withe roof. In this picture though the light has the rear quarter looking slightly greyer than silver which helps the wheel?

Would probably be better seen in the metal. Once you drive around to all the owners here you should get a better opinion lol!!

Initially I thought grey but not sure now. See what happens when you have the luxury of a spare set ;-)

I agree with Gary, not sure either is right. Your welcome to try my wheels on your car if you want another option of shadow chrome, which is between the two.
(I have your brake piston tool for you, can't remember who gave it to me to pass on at silverstone now!)

Olly

NSXGB
13-08-2014, 09:17 PM
I agree with Gary, not sure either is right. Your welcome to try my wheels on your car if you want another option of shadow chrome, which is between the two.
(I have your brake piston tool for you, can't remember who gave it to me to pass on at silverstone now!)

Olly

Thanks Steve, I think I prefer the silver although I wanted to like a darker colour for my tractor :) . A shade darker than OE silver might be the best solution. Like Papa says, the darker colour seems to work better on coloured cars.

Thanks for looking after the brake tool, let me know when you are around and I'll pick it up, need to change my rear pads soon.

britlude
13-08-2014, 09:28 PM
purple metallic is popular at the moment..... just saying, if you want to be 'on trend'

Silver Surfer
13-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Leave it as it is .... One side silver and the other grey ....you never see or photograph both side so you never know...😄

SS

goldtop
14-08-2014, 07:23 AM
Leave it as it is .... One side silver and the other grey ....you never see or photograph both side so you never know...

SS

Genius. :)

NSXGB
14-08-2014, 10:03 AM
purple metallic is popular at the moment..... just saying, if you want to be 'on trend'

Could I ever be 'on trend' driving an NSX?

mutley
14-08-2014, 10:58 PM
I'd go with the silver, I'm not a fan of dark wheels either.

Cheers
Jim

Problem Child
15-08-2014, 11:30 AM
I'd go with the silver, I'm not a fan of dark wheels either.CheersJimGo with the grey....it has a red tint to it!

L696ULO
15-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Go with the grey....it has a red tint to it!

Simon wants it go the same speed not slow it down by adding red!

NSXGB
15-08-2014, 12:44 PM
I think the grey would look good on your car Geoff.... ;)

Sudesh
15-08-2014, 07:43 PM
Silver wheels for me too, the whole grey and black wheel thing is played out, looks like people are trying to hard to become more modern.

TheSebringOne
16-08-2014, 09:20 PM
Silver for me as it makes the car look quicker!