PDA

View Full Version : Would you bother tuning the suspension?

gturner008
23-08-2014, 07:32 AM
I had Centre Gravity carry out a full chassis/suspension tune on my 89 3.2 Carerra last month. Brilliant job done by Chris - made a real difference to the feel and handling of stock settings.

These old 911s have lots of scope for adjustment and tightening up factory spec settings. They tend to be quite benign when leaving the factory.

Chris mentioned he'd done at least one NSX. Says lots of potential to sharpen up the handling.

Gut out instinct is to leave well alone as Senna already had his say. Wondered if anyone had comments or views. I'm 99% sure I want to leave as stock.... Cheers

PS. There'll be at least two NSX's at the Cov show over the weekend if anyone's at a loss...

nobby
23-08-2014, 07:55 AM
A full geo alignment works wonders and is a must!
i changed to coilovers as replacing OEM shocks was cost prohibitive.
added the NSX-r chassis bars up front.
changed to 17" pro drive wheels all round.

after this car is transformed, steering (non power assisted) is more sensitive and car feels more pointed into corners etc

Senninha
23-08-2014, 10:08 PM
I believe Ollie had his 'corner balanced' by Plans with great results, and many have reported positive benefit from the MK centre where Kaz has worked with them ... so in answer to your question, and as you have first hand experience with the 911, I think you know you want too ...

regards, Paul