PDA

View Full Version : Condensation in my 'H'

Mistercorn
17-09-2014, 02:46 PM
I have condensation in the central 'H' at the back of the car, I have taken it off to dry it out. I have read of people drilling holes in these to let the water / vapour out. Has anybody successfully done this who can show me where they drilled and what size holes?

MC

britlude
17-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Best bet is to take it off and put it in an airing cupboard for a while.... While it is in there investigate the boot to see where water is getting in. Usually the only way for water to get into the central light bit is through the tiny vent hole to the boot itself.

Mistercorn
17-09-2014, 03:26 PM
There is a slight leak around the unit, if I apply a vacuum to the vent hole I can hear air getting in, the boot is all dry and the foam ring between the 'H' and the boot is in good condition. I might just try to find the leak on the unit and seal that then replace it. It is currently drying out.
My car does live outside at the moment and it was after a period of particularly bad weather that I noticed the condensation.

MC

Problem Child
19-09-2014, 08:06 AM
I have condensation in the central 'H' at the back of the car, I have taken it off to dry it out. I have read of people drilling holes in these to let the water / vapour out. Has anybody successfully done this who can show me where they drilled and what size holes?MCI have the same issue but dont want to take it apart, so I plan to dry it our with a hairdryer and then seal the ventilation hole in the back of the fitting with some sealant

andystevo
19-09-2014, 07:09 PM
MC, not sure if you've seen this previous blog.
TBH, I left it alone. Still some condensation summer and winter, although the boot is bone dry.

http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/entry.php?1135-Tail-Light-Centre-Panel

Sudesh
19-09-2014, 09:56 PM
There is only one true fix for condensation in any of the light pieces.

And that's to buy new replacements.