PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Delete

bbvnsx
12-11-2014, 03:42 PM
I'm contemplating the possibility of doing a complete (but reversible) stereo delete on my 93 NSX.

Since i don't want the "carbon look" of the 02+ Type R or the "rough type texture" of the NA1 NSX-R stereo delete plate, and since from my search i think the NSX-S Zero could also be ordered in japan without stereo, does anyone know if the NSX-S Zero console was the same finish/colour as the NA1 1993 NSX?

I did a search on the web and found this two part numbers:

77230-SL0-Z10ZA - LID, AUDIO WOLE *NH1L*

77230-SL0-N50ZA - LID, AUDIO WOLE *NH1L*

which would be the correct part number?

Thanks very much for your help,

Bruno

NSXGB
12-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Is your car RHD?

bbvnsx
12-11-2014, 04:29 PM
LHD thanks!

NSXGB
12-11-2014, 05:28 PM
:)

LHD thanks!

bbvnsx
12-11-2014, 05:35 PM
Is your car RHD?

But does this matter for the stereo delete plate? Isn't the console equal on the radio section?

NZNick
12-11-2014, 07:01 PM
Here is a link to a Type S Zero currently for sale in Suzuka (http://www.route-ks.com/stock/detail/91/index.html) - there is a good photo of the blanking panel where the stereo is on other models. Here is the parts list and picture for that car (http://jp-carparts.com/honda/partlist.php?maker=honda&type=NSX&cartype=26981&fig=B&fig1=3740) (hopefully) I think that you want part 36 - 77230-SL0-N50ZA

NSXGB
12-11-2014, 07:31 PM
But does this matter for the stereo delete plate? Isn't the console equal on the radio section?
You are probably right.

Crockefeller
13-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Here is a link to a Type S Zero currently for sale in Suzuka (http://www.route-ks.com/stock/detail/91/index.html) - there is a good photo of the blanking panel where the stereo is on other models. Here is the parts list and picture for that car (http://jp-carparts.com/honda/partlist.php?maker=honda&type=NSX&cartype=26981&fig=B&fig1=3740) (hopefully) I think that you want part 36 - 77230-SL0-N50ZA

Nick, do you know the price of that S zero from your own search mission? I'm yet to have a reply on any email I've sent to Japan for a price :(

Kaz-kzukNA1
13-11-2014, 04:31 PM
Although there is a price info in the link from Nick, probably it's the price at that shop and not the RRP from Honda Parts Japan.
I don't know the latest price but it will be around JPY10,000-12,000 by now. Then the delivery, UK customs fee.....
Type-Szero is even more rarer than the 02+ NSX-R so any parts specific to Szero could be on long back order or it could be in stock and just sitting on the shelf for ages....

Kaz

NZNick
13-11-2014, 06:48 PM
No, not at all. All I know is where there is an S-Zero for sale, and the parts catalog for that car on the internet!

Crockefeller
13-11-2014, 07:48 PM
Ok Understood. I've emailed about a couple of Type S cars I've seen for sale but having trouble getting a reply or a ball park figure. Anyway apologies for the thread hijack!!

PS, Kaz, since you are reading this thread, did you receive my message a couple of days ago regarding looking at my car?

....that's definitely the end of the hijack :)

Kaz-kzukNA1
13-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Now I understood.
Looks like I got confused with the subject/price of radio cover and the actual Type-S car price in Japan.....

Bruno, if you are after the Szero radio cover, then you need -N50ZA and this is Szero specific. .
Despite showing the same colour code, the detail of centre console finish is different between each country, models and year models so you need to be careful.

The centre console parts no. is; for Szero (-E02ZA) NH1L, for Type S (-N00ZA) NH314L, for European 93 (-G02ZA) NH1L
As in above, even the colour code is the same as yours, the one for Szero could be more like matt finish than yours.
I have never measured the centre console in detail so not sure the radio cover can be used on the LHD centre console or not.

................... PS, Kaz, since you are reading this thread, did you receive my message a couple of days ago regarding looking at my car?
....that's definitely the end of the hijack :)
As I receive 10s of emails every day from different owners in different countries, it's not easy to distinguish someone by just the userID on this site.
As far as I can tell, I don't think I received any email with the subject just touching on looking at the condition of one's NSX so there is a chance that I didn't receive your email.

Could you first log into the site and then left click on my userID to select the option 'Send Email'?
I have my latest email address linked to my account so it will arrive as long as NSXCB site is running.
Please do not use PM for contacting me as I can't reply back to it and I can only read it through forum runner App and not through the control panel of this site.

Kaz

NZNick
13-11-2014, 09:08 PM
Just looked at the price that Type S-Zero (http://kuruma-ex.jp/usedcar/detail/ccCU2907354117) is up for in Japan 19,800,000 JPY which is 109,000 GBP !!!!!!!!

bbvnsx
13-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Thanks Very much for all the information!

Bruno

bbvnsx
23-12-2015, 02:08 AM
The final result: the Type-Szero stereo delete plate installed (perfect color match with my center console):

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u535/bbvnsx/IMG_0218_zpslovggzqw.jpg

NZNick
23-12-2015, 06:29 AM
That looks so neat - glad to have contributed a tiny bit of help to you. Hope it wasn't too expensive!

Shawnsx5
23-12-2015, 07:19 AM
I visited route Ks in October, the low km s zero in yellow was just under 20m yen so with shipping, import duty and vat you will pay about Ģ148k depending on the exact exchange rate. It was like new though and one of only 20 made I believe, it looks to be sold now.

bbvnsx
23-12-2015, 06:37 PM
Thanks for your help!

final price was ~Ģ120 (part + shipping + customs)... so a bit expensive for such a small and simple part... but for me it was the way to go! I'm very happy with the final OEM look!

I've removed 9,3 kg from the car (full stereo delete + antena) and can brag about having an unicorn part on my NSX! :D:D

here is a picture of it 9,3 kg lighter than before :D:

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u535/bbvnsx/IMG_0243_zps4xiidn4f.jpg

That looks so neat - glad to have contributed a tiny bit of help to you. Hope it wasn't too expensive!

unclebob
24-12-2015, 09:21 AM
what did u do with the hole for the antenna, id love to get rid of it and the holes for the door key locks and headlight washers...?

bbvnsx
24-12-2015, 01:47 PM
I used Honda # 82871-671-000 as filler for antenna hole (rubber part with perfect fit):

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u535/bbvnsx/IMG_0251_zpstxk7temi.jpg

what did u do with the hole for the antenna, id love to get rid of it and the holes for the door key locks and headlight washers...?

Sudesh
13-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Beautiful!! I did the OEM NA1 NSX-R complete console and stereo delete on my NSX and loved it. But as I was doing complete NSX-R conversion, everything was stripped in my car. That final result you have is very VERY nice. Love the rims you have too. What are they?

bbvnsx
21-11-2016, 11:23 PM
Hi Sudesh!

Hope you're doing fine! Sorry i saw your post today... donīt know how i missed it...

Thanks for the complements on the centre console! The wheels i have are Prodrive GC-07J (17x7.5 ET34 + 18x9.5 ET36)

I loved how your NSX-R interior looked! one of the best NSX interiors that i've seen!

Beautiful!! I did the OEM NA1 NSX-R complete console and stereo delete on my NSX and loved it. But as I was doing complete NSX-R conversion, everything was stripped in my car. That final result you have is very VERY nice. Love the rims you have too. What are they?

goldnsx
07-04-2017, 05:09 PM
The final result: the Type-Szero stereo delete plate installed (perfect color match with my center console):

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u535/bbvnsx/IMG_0218_zpslovggzqw.jpg

I'm about the throw the stereo out as well. It's not its quality or age (actually it's fully revised incl. Alpine unit) it has more to do with a change of my music taste. In my daily beater I've an Alpine 196-DAB radio with classic music all day long that no UKW-station broadcasts to this extend.

I'm surprised and pleased to see that the stereo delete plate looks good. Just to make sure: is 77230-SL0-N50ZA the correct part no. for the plate in the pic above? The car is a 93 Europe model?

The alternative would be the SoS middle console but this ends up at EUR 350 and I'm not sure it the finish needs painting to match the rest of the car.

Besides that: if I really decide on painting the center console and the plastic in the doors to a Type S or Type R silver metallic color what would be the correct color code?

Thanks!

bbvnsx
07-04-2017, 10:59 PM
Hi goldnsx

Yes my NSX is a 93 Europe model!

yes It is the Type S Zero stereo delete plate Part # 77230-SL0-N50ZA

you also need screws (Qty 6) and washers (Qty 6) to attach it to the centre console, here are the par numbers:

6 x SCREWs, TAPPING 4X8 (93903-241-80)

6 x WASHER, PLAIN 4MM (94103-047-00)

Can't help with the silver metallic color sorry :(

Best regards,

Bruno

I'm about the throw the stereo out as well. It's not its quality or age (actually it's fully revised incl. Alpine unit) it has more to do with a change of my music taste. In my daily beater I've an Alpine 196-DAB radio with classic music all day long that no UKW-station broadcasts to this extend.

I'm surprised and pleased to see that the stereo delete plate looks good. Just to make sure: is 77230-SL0-N50ZA the correct part no. for the plate in the pic above? The car is a 93 Europe model?

The alternative would be the SoS middle console but this ends up at EUR 350 and I'm not sure it the finish needs painting to match the rest of the car.

Besides that: if I really decide on painting the center console and the plastic in the doors to a Type S or Type R silver metallic color what would be the correct color code?

Thanks!

Best regards,

goldnsx
08-04-2017, 06:52 AM
Hi Bruno

Thanks very much for your reply. I think I definitly go this route even though I've repaired my antenna last year for a lot of money for what it is...

One last question: Do you think that the antenna plug for the hole can be painted to match to color of the car (also red) or is it to soft to hold the paint in the longrun?

Thanks very much again!

bbvnsx
08-04-2017, 11:21 AM
Hi!

The antenna plug is soft rubber, so i donīt think it will hold the paint well... but this is a cheap part you can always buy two and try to paint one to see how it behaves on the longrun.

FYI i didn't paint mine.

Regards,

Bruno

Hi Bruno

Thanks very much for your reply. I think I definitly go this route even though I've repaired my antenna last year for a lot of money for what it is...

One last question: Do you think that the antenna plug for the hole can be painted to match to color of the car (also red) or is it to soft to hold the paint in the longrun?

Thanks very much again!

goldnsx
08-04-2017, 04:09 PM
...you can always buy two and try to paint one to see how it behaves on the longrun.
You seem to be able to read my mind. :) I'll give it a try.

Thanks again!

goldnsx
27-09-2017, 03:55 PM
After waiting half a year for this very special part it finally arrived and my NSX now proudly wears the stereo delete plate from the rare Type S-Zero version, very nice. 100 % matching.

mwagner10702
27-09-2017, 05:55 PM
Did the same with mine a while back.

Pride
27-09-2017, 07:37 PM
After waiting half a year for this very special part it finally arrived and my NSX now proudly wears the stereo delete plate from the rare Type S-Zero version, very nice. 100 % matching.

It's a shame you can't just hide the factory Bose head unit behind the panel allowing you to remove it as and when you fancied a bit of music or talk radio, far to extreme for my taste.

Presumably you did this to reduce the weight of the stereo, does that mean you also removed all the speakers, sub box and aerial assembly???🤔

goldnsx
27-09-2017, 08:45 PM
It took around 30 minutes to mount the stereo delete plate, so it's no big deal.

Yes, I took the whole stereo out as the BOSE system sucks and I don't listen to music when I drive this car. Cassette is dead, UKW will be dead 2020+, CD somewhere in the future. I can't remember buying the last CD, must be a decade ago. Ok, I seem to live in the past...:) The only realistic option would have been a DAB+ radio unit which is most likely a double DIN which was not my preferred route to go. So I've took everything out. And if I want to listen to music I can start to sing myself (if nobody else listens :)). The weight saving is welcome but it was not my initial goal which was to get wrid of the ancient BOSE system.

In my DD I have an Alpine DAB+ tuner which always plays classic music or POP from the 70ies/80ies (today was ELO, Cindy Lauper, Spandau Ballet, Phil Collins and so on) and such stuff, no modern POP for sure. :)

Just wondering what Honda thinks about the extra batches of stereo delete plates they have to reproduce...:)