PDA

View Full Version : New owner

JSDEJN
15-12-2014, 08:06 PM
Well after wanting one of these for the last 15 years it seems as if I've got one, delivered yesterday. The only problem so far has been insurance, Footman James won't insure it as it's under 20 years old and Haggarty wanted me to have 12 months experience with a supercar before they would look at it, well they certainly won't get a look at the second years insurance. Finally did it through Classic line insurance. Many thanks to James for all his advice and to Roy for his time coming to look at it with me and giving me invaluable help and guidance.

Pride
15-12-2014, 08:09 PM
Welcome aboard JSDEJN, I hope you enjoy the next few years with your iconic car.:)

Mistercorn
15-12-2014, 08:17 PM
Welcome. I would love to see some pictures. I hope you set them straight about it being a Supercar :)

MC

JSDEJN
15-12-2014, 08:39 PM
Welcome. I would love to see some pictures. I hope you set them straight about it being a Supercar :)

MC

Thanks guys. Haven't got any pics yet but when we get a good day.

JSDEJN
15-12-2014, 08:45 PM
How do I add my other car details?

Pride
15-12-2014, 09:15 PM

Great question, I also want to know that answer please.

NSXGB
15-12-2014, 10:04 PM

Welcome.

Most people add their other cars to their signature.

TheSebringOne
15-12-2014, 10:10 PM
Welcome & congratulations.

JSDEJN
02-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Hi,
wondering if anyone can help me, drove the car 5 days ago to have it detailed( Perfect polish Shrewsbury, they have done a great job) but when I picked it up today the cruise control wouldn't work, any ideas?
jsdejn123911239212393

Problem Child
02-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Hi,
wondering if anyone can help me, drove the car 5 days ago to have it detailed( Perfect polish Shrewsbury, they have done a great job) but when I picked it up today the cruise control wouldn't work, any ideas?
jsdejn123911239212393

Welcome to our merry little band. I'm sorry I cant advise you on the cruise control...never use it, but someone on here will be able to help.

Your car looks fantastic...One thing most will agree on is that you have the best colour!

thelimpingwhippet
02-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Welcome
I must try "Perfect Polish" My NSX has been the colour of Shropshire mud for the past three years. I recall it used to be Midnight Purple or perhaps Black.
I have never used the cruise control so am not much help but I could provide local assistance with other NSX matters if you wish. I insure with Direct Line for about £250pa

Senninha
02-01-2015, 09:15 PM
Welcome to our merry little band. I'm sorry I cant advise you on the cruise control...never use it, but someone on here will be able to help.

Your car looks fantastic...One thing most will agree on is that you have the best colour!

Geoff does'nt use it because it only works above 30 mph!!!!

Hi JSDEJN,

Maybe the push on push off switch to the side of the binnacle has been released by the cleaners? If its more technical that that I will defer to one of the many more technical folk on here.

I see you've taken Simon's tip and updated your signature for the other cars ...

Welcome, and dont be shy to get her out to the meets throughout the year, the biggest (if it goes ahead) is likely to be Silverstone weekend

regards, Paul

mjames75
02-01-2015, 11:54 PM
Hi,
jsdejn123911239212393

Hi,

Nice to see you on here. Dad mentioned you got one! Well done

Mike

Kaz-kzukNA1
03-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Hi JSDEJN.
Best to post in the 'Technical' Forum section for this kind of question with bit of extra info regaring the spec of your NSX.

From the photo, unless you modified your body work and the brake calipers, you seem to have face lifted model so 02+ spec.
Not sure whether it is MT or AT model but it will be DBW model regardless and thus, the Cruise Control (CC, here after) is done inside the ECU through the stepping motor control.

Was it working on the way to the detail place?

It may sound strange but does your horn still work?

Do you get 'green' light (not the one inside the gauge assy) at the CC main switch just above the text 'CRUISE'?

Does your speedo needle show similar figure against GPS one and not showing erratic movement such as fluctuating or suddenly drops to zero?

Do you have any warning lights on the dash? If your NSX is 02+, then you can read the error code through your mobile phone with the suitable adaptor and App.
Or, just use the standard blue 2pin SCS method described here;
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?9229-How-to-read-the-error-code

There are several conditions for the CC to work.
As Paul mentioned, there is a minimum speed threshold that you can enable the CC feature. I think for European models, it is around 25-30mph.

There are other conditions that can cancel the CC.
Those are the Brake pedal sw, CL pedal sw (MT) or Shift position sw (AT), VSS signal, Main CC sw and by pressing both the SET and RESUME switches simultaneously.

You may have lost one of the plastic end stopper where these switches meet while the pedal was released.

The CC condition is fairly simple (high level signal into SET terminal while other conditions are set) so possibly very easy to diagnose.

Kaz