PDA

View Full Version : interior switch light bulb

mutley
22-12-2014, 07:15 PM
HI all,

While I have the interior stripped, I thought it would be the best time to change the bulb in the front fog light swich, as it doesn't illuminate at night. My question is - Does anyone know where you can get the bulbs from? They are tiny and I can't recall seeing them anywhere ( even though I haven't been looking until now)

Cheers
Jim

britlude
22-12-2014, 07:56 PM
i had various dash/instrument bulbs out when i got my car, i think i got mine from maplins, they do 'grain of wheat' bulbs, in 2 different sizes ( i got a couple of both to try and match intensities with the other lamps! ) these might be of use if you can't find anything else.......

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/12v-wire-terminal-type-bt43w

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/12v-096w-wire-ended-filament-type-wq13p

another option would be a model railway shop, as long as they are 12v you should be fine!

duncan
22-12-2014, 08:10 PM
The bulb holders are ¼ twist to remove and can become dislodged,
1 - try for security of fixing first.
The fog lamp switches have 2 bulbs, 1 for backlighting when the external lights are on, the 2nd to show when the lamp is on,
2 - try swapping them over.
If none of that solves the problem, then Honda part number 35851-sm4-003 for a new holder and bulb at £4.69.
if you're prudent, then, a model railway shop or internet for grain of wheat or grain of rice bulbs, probably 10 for half the price of Honda, you'll have to wind the uninsulated wire legs around the OEM bulb holder.
The biggest job is accessing the switch, try just the most rearward fixings and springing the complete centre dash panel but don't blame me if something breaks.

NSXGB
22-12-2014, 08:42 PM
My local motor factor had the correct bulbs however I purchased one from Acura, thinking it would have the white rubber shroud like the original, however it didn't but it is possible to peel the shroud off & transplant it.

*White shroud was in the headlamp adjuster switch, I'm not sure if they are in all switches but wouldn't be surprised.

mutley
22-12-2014, 11:58 PM
Thanks all, I'll have a play around tomorrow and see what happens, all the switches are out the car as I am revamping my interior, so the car is pretty stripped down, and this will be the best time to replace things like this

I'd hate to put the car back together and miss something trivial like a light bulb.

Ta
Jim