PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood Road Racing Club........

britlude
04-02-2015, 04:47 PM
i've finally managed to get to the top of the waiting list, and have received an application.....

however.....

having a hard time justifying the cost. especially with the 'signing up' addition to the fee! the question is, for members here that are members there, is it worth the membership fee? i mean if i don't go to all 3 main events (members meet, FOS and Revival) will i get value for my hard earned money????

i realise from the blurb that there are other things they offer, but with the 'at additional cost' tag line.....

thanks in advance!

Pride
04-02-2015, 09:58 PM
i've finally managed to get to the top of the waiting list, and have received an application.....

however.....

having a hard time justifying the cost. especially with the 'signing up' addition to the fee! the question is, for members here that are members there, is it worth the membership fee? i mean if i don't go to all 3 main events (members meet, FOS and Revival) will i get value for my hard earned money????

i realise from the blurb that there are other things they offer, but with the 'at additional cost' tag line.....

thanks in advance!

Having been a member for two years now, to be honest unless you take advantage of at least 2 of the 3 main events then my response would be, NO its not worth joining. But of course if you enjoy fine dinning then there's always a trip to the Kennels or one of the many exclusive driving trips into Europe staying at some of the finest hotels there is to offer.

At FOS in the last couple of years I've managed to flash the badge and get into track side hospitality, giving great views and relaxed surroundings which I'm sure your wife would appreciate.:) Also having a house on the coast down there allows me to enjoy any functions they put on (at extra cost) without needing to book a hotel so for me I don't begrudge paying membership fees for that reason. But I do understand what you're thinking.:rolleyes:

Best regards