PDA

View Full Version : Bridgestone potenza adrenaline RE002 - any experience?

Crockefeller
13-02-2015, 05:12 PM
Hi guys, I need some new tyres ASAP and these are the only ones in stock that I can find for both sizes (15 and 16 on na1)

Has anyone used these, are they ok?

thanks!

Kaz-kzukNA1
14-02-2015, 01:50 PM
In this era, any tyres with E marking will be capable of at least 'moving' the car but that doesn't mean you would be comfortable using it.
For example, while I was in Japan, sometimes I used very cheap tyres for the practice session such as doing clockwise & anticlockwise doughnut or figure of ' 8 ' skid control at closed circuit.
I'll use up the rear tyre within just one day or three days depending on the session.

Despite the cheap tyre used, most of the times, there was no problem to/from the circuit/track but on one occasion, I felt as if the rear end was continuously moving even on the straight line like being driven by someone steering my rear end randomly. It was even under the dry condition.

You will know what I'm talking about if you have ever used GoodYear F1 GSD3 tyre and for the first several hundreds mile after the installation, you will feel the same effect at the rear end but multiply that by 1,000, that is the feeling of the rear end moving around and not the mileage to break-in the tyre to get rid of the oil coming out from the internal structure.

I think it was Nankang tyre or something and it had not only soft side shoulder but also very soft block that the tyre was just not upto the NSX usage with engine at the back. I think the block was squashed too far and the side shoulder was changing shape too much under load/rebound.

You really need hard shoulder tyre for NSX especially using the OEM wheels.

I have never used RE002 but it's no longer the latest model and already RE003 available in Japan.
I searched the largest SNS community page for anything related to the car called 'Minkara' in Japan and none of the NSX owners posted any feedback related to the RE002.

There are many feedbacks from other model owners and mixed good/negative reviews but as always, these reviews may include the ones from manufacture's employees as well as not genuine or incorrect so please make your own judgement.

As a side note, aparently, although it was sold under the Potenza brand, originally it was not available in Japan.
In fact, it was manufactured in Indonesia (nothing wrong, for example already proven by the quality of Koyo Racing Rad that is indeed made in Indonesia) and released first outside of Japan (Australia, etc) and eventually imported back into Japan to be sold in the market as a 'cost conscious/effective sporty tyres'.

So, not sure about it when fitted on NSX but again, if you are driving mainly on the street or city driving and not pushing really hard, any tyres with E marking and if they are not too old, they will be able to take you from point A to B.
One winter, I had to use Toyo Proxus T1-R at the rear and while it had very soft side shoulder, it was fine for commuting. At the end of the day, it's the driver that controls the car.

Recently NSXGB posted very useful information here;
http://www.nsxcb.co.uk/showthread.php?12731-MoT-and-Tyres&p=112778#post112778

May be worth trying as your size is indicated as 'low stock, contact for availability'.

Also, if you are searching for Yokohama tyres, just phone them and ask for the next delivery schedule for UK market.
That's what I normally do if I found that the specific size for AD08 or AD08R were out of stock at certain retailer.

Even it was not shown on the vendors web page, it's always worth asking them directly.
For example, sometimes they don't update their web page immediately especially if the tyre was out of stock for a long time (months) but just about receiving the new stock.
That happened to me one time and I'm glad I asked instead of just judgeing based on what's available through their web page.

Good luck with the search.

Kaz

Crockefeller
14-02-2015, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the detailed reply Kaz. I have been trying all week to source Yokohama ad80r and 15s were no problem but 16s not in stock anywhere. One place conveniently had them in when i called but once the online order was done they were out of stock...

Im going to try these bridgestones. For the time being it will be only street driving and nothing too hard. Then further along the line I will get an order in for some Yokohamas to replace them!