PDA

View Full Version : Light car company rocket book

bernev
14-02-2015, 06:07 PM
Just to let you all know that I have produced a 250 page plus full colour book on the LCC Rocket. Like Justin with P27 it's a self-publish and this is not going to make me any money at all....so hopefully the moderators will take pity on me as trying to get this thing published and made known has been a prize pain the backside.

Anyway, it tells the story of the car. It features all of Gordon Murray's archive, interviews with him/Chris Craft/Jay Leno/and everybody else involved and lots of special pix including commissioned shots of George Harrison's, GM's and Leno's cars.

I doubt if I will print more than 300 (I've 'sold' 50 so far, mostly to Rocket owners) and the first hundred we intend to get GM/CC to sign. It should look like Driving Ambition as we intend it to be a sister volume, not least because the same guy is designing it. It's taken 4 years to get to this point so it won't still be immediate but I'm hoping it will be later this year to tie in with the 25th anniversary of the Rocket in 2016. if anybody is interested and I'm not moderated out (like Pistonheads) please let me know through PM. ps cost is still an unknown as this will depend on copies printed but probably of the same order as Justin/P27.

bernev
14-02-2015, 06:08 PM
ps I typed the above in a bit of a hurry - rest assured that my use of English is better in the book....

Pride
14-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Does it include anything about the NSX????

bernev
15-02-2015, 08:12 AM
umm yes it does but only because of GM's connection with it - he had one at the time of designing the McLaren F1 and LCC Rocket.

NZNick
15-02-2015, 08:56 PM
It should look like Driving Ambition as we intend it to be a sister volume, not least because the same guy is designing it.

My friend was the proof-reader for Driving Ambition, her father the writer. Got my copy out yesterday and noticed the many (mainly favourable) NSX comments....

Nytram
15-02-2015, 09:32 PM
I would be interested, it would make a fab birthday present for my dear friend who owns one of these fabulous cars.

Please keep me updated

Martyn.

bernev
16-02-2015, 04:34 PM
Hi Martyn

Thank you. I have PM'd you.

Bernev