PDA

View Full Version : Tips on displaying your car

coolfunkyd
06-04-2015, 12:55 PM
I am displaying my car at the super car event at Leeds Castle in May and i don't want to turn up looking like the poor relation. Have you guys got any tips on products to use and the best way to clean the NSX on the day to make the car look its best? This is my first event since buying the car last July so looking forward to meeting the people attending and putting names to faces. Crossing fingers for a dry day.

Mistercorn
06-04-2015, 02:42 PM
Park next to me, you will be fine. I will not be doing anything other than turning up.

MC

Pride
06-04-2015, 04:23 PM
Park next to me and I will show you how to polish my car while I go and look around the castle.:)

coolfunkyd
06-04-2015, 07:07 PM
Tempting but think I'd rater park next to Mistercorn and you demonstrate on my car ??? Also you may have to re-mortgage to gaing access to the castle.

britlude
06-04-2015, 07:27 PM
Tempting but think I'd rater park next to Mistercorn and you demonstrate on my car ??? Also you may have to re-mortgage to gaing access to the castle.

castle is included in the entry to the siege!... once in it's access all public areas! and we'll have to all go to the maze at the same time!

in response to the original question.... turning up in the first place is a good start, wiped over with a bit of instant detailer will suffice, then kick back and relax!

L696ULO
06-04-2015, 09:27 PM
in response to the original question.... turning up in the first place is a good start, wiped over with a bit of instant detailer will suffice, then kick back and relax!

That's a very generous offer Jonathan, I'll relax while you do your magic with the instant detailer on our cars! Lol

Problem Child
07-04-2015, 08:17 PM
That's a very generous offer Jonathan, I'll relax while you do your magic with the instant detailer on our cars! Lol

Take a camping seat, otherwise you'll be on your feet all day.

AR
07-04-2015, 08:38 PM
I will add lock your car and if you allow people to seat in, make sure young ladies with fake tan do not sit in the car if it is a sunny day! lol

Pride
07-04-2015, 08:58 PM
I will add lock your car and if you allow people to seat in, make sure young ladies with fake tan do not sit in the car if it is a sunny day! lol
AR, you forget this is the sunny garden of England you're visiting not Liverpool or Cardiff. :)

flyingsniffer
08-04-2015, 01:45 PM
Take a camping seat, otherwise you'll be on your feet all day.

OMFG this sounds great!:P

Mistercorn
08-04-2015, 02:24 PM
I will have a 5 year old with me. I will be on my feet all day whatever.

MC

sorepaws
08-04-2015, 02:45 PM
AR, you forget this is the sunny garden of England you're visiting not Liverpool or Cardiff. :)

Last year, but it is close to Essex !

Pride
08-04-2015, 04:45 PM
Last year, but it is close to Essex !

That's true, so I would suggest we all make sure the optional Clifford tilt, lift and tow detection sensor be fitted along with the Clifford's "BlackJax5", stand alone anti car jacking system.

Joking aside because you never know.

I installed one on mine along with lots of other trick devices which I will gladly demonstrate on the day if wish.
I do love a gadget.:)

CLIFFORD BlackJax5
Stand alone Anti-Carjacking and Vehicle Self Recovery sub System

BlackJax is Clifford's unique anti-carjacking response system that puts personal safety first while using innovative advancements to ensure that users can recover the vehicle themselves. If an armed car thief approaches - whether at a stop light or in a parking lot (where most carjackings occur) - immediately turn over the keys and remote and let Clifford technology take over.

Fully automatic: No buttons or transmitters to push when a gun is involved. Just get away from the vehicle. Quick response: BlackJax allows the criminal to drive away a safe distance. Then, a few seconds later, BlackJax blares the siren and flashes the lights to alert other drivers and witnesses. It then pulses down the ignition system to safely force the vehicle to slow to a complete stop. Siren blaring and lights flashing, unable to restart the engine, the carjacker has no choice but to abandon the vehicle.

AR
08-04-2015, 05:20 PM
Pride that sounds all well and good, unless they come to take it away in an enclosed transporter. For sure the more security the better, but the car thieves of a more determined and atrocious character will stop at nothing if they really want it.

Pride
08-04-2015, 05:36 PM
Pride that sounds all well and good, unless they come to take it away in an enclosed transporter. For sure the more security the better, but the car thieves of a more determined and atrocious character will stop at nothing if they really want it.

Of course I quite agree, but the easiest and quickest way to steal your treasured ride is by car jacking, and it can happen, sometimes at gun point.
This way blackjax will ensure the idiot, and there's always one, can drive away until a safe distance between you and his gun has occurred when the engine starts to safely cut out and sirens blare while indicators flash.

Having been in the vehicle security industry for more years than I care to remember any aid like this in my opinion is far better than none, I think you would agree.

Check it out

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KBFSFdMFThI

AR
08-04-2015, 06:17 PM
For sure, and I will add a CCTV system to aid in prosecuting the miscreant.

NSXGB
08-04-2015, 06:49 PM
I think you are safe Clive any decent car jacker will have done his homework and won't touch a red NSX.

Pride
08-04-2015, 06:53 PM
I think you are safe Clive any decent car jacker will have done his homework and won't touch a red NSX.

Another good point well made Simon.

Any offers then on my hardly ever used Blackjax system????:)

lotusolly
08-04-2015, 08:40 PM
That's true, so I would suggest we all make sure the optional Clifford tilt, lift and tow detection sensor be fitted along with the Clifford's "BlackJax5", stand alone anti car jacking system.

Joking aside because you never know.

I installed one on mine along with lots of other trick devices which I will gladly demonstrate on the day if wish.
I do love a gadget.:)

CLIFFORD BlackJax5
Stand alone Anti-Carjacking and Vehicle Self Recovery sub System

BlackJax is Clifford's unique anti-carjacking response system that puts personal safety first while using innovative advancements to ensure that users can recover the vehicle themselves. If an armed car thief approaches - whether at a stop light or in a parking lot (where most carjackings occur) - immediately turn over the keys and remote and let Clifford technology take over.

Fully automatic: No buttons or transmitters to push when a gun is involved. Just get away from the vehicle. Quick response: BlackJax allows the criminal to drive away a safe distance. Then, a few seconds later, BlackJax blares the siren and flashes the lights to alert other drivers and witnesses. It then pulses down the ignition system to safely force the vehicle to slow to a complete stop. Siren blaring and lights flashing, unable to restart the engine, the carjacker has no choice but to abandon the vehicle.

You could always just blind them with LED lights Clive ;)

Pride
08-04-2015, 08:56 PM
You could always just blind them with LED lights Clive ;)

Why do you think I've gone to the trouble of putting my .99p ultra bright LED washer jets facing backwards alongside my standard £80/pair Honda jets in my new carbon fibre bonnet, and I've already wired them up to my alarm and car jacking device just in case.

As I said Olly, I do love a gadget.:)